Anyone tried this?

Skynyrd - Lost City
Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Im sure someone has tried it already but, ever thought about a strict vit/mag genie build to counter sins? I see people almost kill sins all the time (west) but then the sin shadows, rebuffs, and attacks again while the other guy has expel/domain on cd...

I want to make something other than a sin, and would appriciate your imput...

(although I have a feelin its not what I hope for)
Post edited by Skynyrd - Lost City on

Comments

• WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well i didn't try it to kill assassins specifically, but i have tried it before. i got sick of runnin outta energy. it allowed me to hit people abit more with the genie skills, but since i had nothin in dex/str, they usually didn't have much of an effect.
  • Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the reply, but I was basicly askin if you could make a genie that only has, for instance expel, wich only gets +1sec per 40dex, and instead of str/dex, make expel spammable by focasing on vit/mag?
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My wizard uses a PvE/Group PvP/TW genie based around high energy consuming skills that don't really profit from str/dex that much. It has about 190 vit and enough mag for like 2.7 energy/sec while having base str/dex.
    Skills I use are:

Absolute Domain (135 Energy)
    Expel (125 Energy)
    Cloud Eruption (LvL1, 130 energy)
    Holy Path (75 Energy)
    Tree of Protection (115 Energy)
    Frenzy (75 energy)

It works pretty good. If I PvE or ain't targeted very often in PvP I can produce chi quickly for ultimates, can amp them with frenzy and have a good pool of defensive skills. After using domain, I can use Expel again after less than 30 seconds, which is far less than the Shadow Escape cooldown. Only Problem is the lack of antistun, a good sin has it's ways to stunlock through Expel. tha tis the reason I only use it in group PvP to buy time till another person targets the sin and saves me. In one on one situations I prefer a 90 dex genie with the core skills Badge of Courage (Break out of stun)/Fortify (Immune to Stun)/Spark (Very strong single target amp for wizards).

Hope I could help you with my experiences. :o