Catshop Scam Fix

Kurerikku - Dreamweaver
Kurerikku - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Suggestion Box
Currently people are being scammed in DW by a catshop with the title Earn Money! near General Summer (cant give name because name and shame b:sad) but you should make it so that catshops cannot have anything in their buy list if they have a full inventory as this person is selling limestone for 40k and buying for 50k but you cannot sell to her as she has a full inventory. And as a current patch could go over there and ban her account for life, sure alot of people would be very happy. b:chuckleb:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]True clerics go HA! b:chuckleb:victory
Post edited by Kurerikku - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Currently people are being scammed in DW by a catshop with the title Make Money! near General Summer (cant give name because name and shame b:sad) but you should make it so that catshops cannot have anything in their buy list if they have a full inventory as this person is selling limestone for 40k and buying for 50k but you cannot sell to her as she has a full inventory. And as a current patch could go over there and ban her account for life, sure alot of people would be very happy. b:chuckleb:thanks
    Take a screenshot of the person/what they're selling and send them in a ticket:
    http://support.perfectworld.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Kurerikku - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    will do thanks, ooo ya another suggestion, make the report scamming easier to access, so annoying to have to go through everything each time to report a scammer
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just make it impossible to put the same item in both the buying and selling sections. Why the devs didn't do this in the first place, I'll never know...
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just make it impossible to put the same item in both the buying and selling sections. Why the devs didn't do this in the first place, I'll never know...

You make two stacks, easy. Otherwise, you can't buy and sell the same item.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited March 2011

but then those people who sell stuff like tokens and buy them for a lower price wouldn't be able to merchant... o wait i hate them b:chuckle, i support this idea XD
  • Muie - Lost City
    Muie - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    but then those people who sell stuff like tokens and buy them for a lower price wouldn't be able to merchant... o wait i hate them b:chuckle, i support this idea XD

Why do you hate them? Its not their fault that people aren't paying attention.
    edited March 2011
    Why do you hate them? Its not their fault that people aren't paying attention.

when you sell to a token catshop you usually are and are in desperate need of money since almost all catshops try to get massive discounts on items they're selling.

The ones I hate most though are mat catshops since those you see people selling concentrated glue for 7k and buying for 700 coins. not a scam but just as bad in my opinion.

They also have it too easy since most just multi box their catshop or multi client alledly, and that allows them to buy/sell at ridicoulous prices since they can stay there and still play PWI on their main.
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There was a shop like this beginning of DW but they were selling those yiyuan things for 10k buying for 100k

and 7k con glue is what people actually pay for them :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Catshops that buy and sell the same item provide a convenient service and deserve whatever markup they can get. What would you do without catshops selling tokens?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I may be dumb, but I don't see how this is a scam. A waste of time for people, sure, but how is it a scam?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!