Comments

• Sneeze - Sanctuary
    Sneeze - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just a wonder, why do you label people as good/bad guys, Strife? o.O
  • mohtofu
    mohtofu Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I feel honored strife. Thanks for the compliments on Cape. I might as well give my input on who i think is the best.

BM: TheDan makes me run, i admire his skills. I was too new school to ever see ashworth in action, but i always hear about him. Heard that he taught Jennifer all he knows. Jenny is also pro for being non fist.

Wizard: Never seen another wizard more skilled than U_Sasuke, given the gears he has compared to the better geared ones.

Veno: Daihatsu HANDS DOWN makes me **** my pants in 8x tourney. i have to try to blend in to the wall and hope she doesnt see me.

Barbarian: RoidAbuse, who can go out there and pk 100+ in legendary/TT60/70/80 or npc gears???

Archer: rfskkirby, this guy makes me run to sz when he decides to charm **** you for fun, and can you kill him with a squad of friends? he'll kite you so hard and pick u all off.

Cleric: Nathamod, he hurts. idk what else to say, havent really fought many clerics.

Assassin: Gonna have to go with PhyuckYiu on this one, not Mei. true skills comes from yiu, OP gear belongs to mei.

Psychic: lead??? Kanjou??? idk, cant kill them...

Seeker: EpikHai, he's epic r8.

Mystic: ummmm FayeFay???
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Np Fay and Sifu :p Credit due where it is deserved.

As for Sneeze, don't take it too personal xD Sometimes it can be fun to be the bad guys b:sin You're just the "team" we are always up against... therefore... bad guys xD That calling dai the villain though cracks me up XD she is so cute!!

Either way, glad 8x isn't an imperial march anymore. Resistance is way more fun. Even if it means dying in the first few rooms.
  • Sneeze - Sanctuary
    Sneeze - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    q___q but I never called Dai a villain.
  • Nathamod - Sanctuary
    Nathamod - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    oh god i hate dai! she's the villain definately! no1 is as intimidating as her within the 8x tourney. its what drove jollibee to make alts just for pk tourney purposes
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sin - Shado\/\/ater is the only sin I've seen from the bad guys who doesn't just try to triple spark, run away, chi up, triple spark. There was this Kakumau sin who did tourney for a few weeks. Worked excellent in group matches.

Wizard - Shiero. Learning PvP dynamics fast.

It makes me feel all happy inside that you mentioned two of Kakumau's people <333

Shiero is indeed rising in the ranks - quite a few of us are pretty impressed with his performances in TW <3
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    BM - AshWorth
    Archer - SuiRyuJin
    Cleric - Vincent_Son
    Barb - DarkRings
    Wiz - Ayaho
    Veno - Heleina/BlackBetty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    oh god i hate dai! she's the villain definately! no1 is as intimidating as her within the 8x tourney. its what drove jollibee to make alts just for pk tourney purposes

Pretty much truth :3

Venos just for trying to purge her b:chuckle

And Katzyn, wish I remember the sin's name. Was a nice guy xD
  • Sarunya - Sanctuary
    Sarunya - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    8x Tourney <3 Thanks for all the credits to my cute veno :3 She's so much fun to play~ unfortunately my little Dai's only goal in life will be 8x tourney, as I wouldn't be able afford to gear her up after that. q__q

I would say TissueBox (is that Sneeze? idk all these alts confuse me lol @__@) is pretty cruel aswell, demon spark is hard to resist even in fox form. She got me a few times. Although I don't think we've had a proper 1v1 before yet :3

I think Sifu aka CapeFarmer in 8x is a good bm aswell, not to mention a great sport, even after I put him on my kos list for the longest time :3 Kudos to you lol.

Ofcourse my fav archer would by my brother, oempa, teehee. We usually don't have many other archers anyway.

Oh and 2 weeks ago was intense.. constant seal/stuns, oh my. x3 Was hard to grab a chest lol. Seekers turn out to be a new interesting opponent in the tourney. I'm happy on one side that the "Enelysion group" has gotten more opponents, turned out to be a great way to learn how to play a veno in pvp. xD

Can't say much about other PKing areas as TW is a big mass, I don't go into PK mode anymore and haven't gone to 9x Tourney in a year or so lol.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011

And Katzyn, wish I remember the sin's name. Was a nice guy xD

Hmmm...after looking at fac list...could it be MugetsuKitom?

Edit - just asked him if he did Tourney, and he said no...so I dunno @_@
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • EPro - Archosaur
    EPro - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Isn't it just , CS items = win?
    edited March 2011
    Isn't it just , CS items = win?

Not true. Archosaur = lose. No matter how much you CS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Not true. Archosaur = lose. No matter how much you CS.

Herm, didn't know that char's realize was set to default lol. Good burn, you are win.
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
    edited March 2011
    xD

Really tho, do people actually play on Aurcho? It seems like a dead server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i miss cassiepoo =( b:sad

holy sht my avatar appears now?! O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    holy sht my avatar appears now?! O_O

PWI is gonna shut down now b:cry
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Since the list would be endless if I mention players from 1yr+ back I'm just gonna mention recent ones or actives.

Blademaster: zzzKyantezzz / TheDan / risingdragon / Nasrath
    Wizard: U_Sasuke / MagicChu / blacknismoz / DarcabyssL
    Barbarian: LilBarbBoy / HeroJet / Lycanthar / BigPunisher
    Venomancer: Dark_Freya / necy
    Archer: Ruvil / rfskkirby / StormDragoon / Linnkotsu (considering I see him login once a month so not fully inactive)
    Cleric: stillaplaya / nathamod / goodbyelsa / myself (considering I pk w/o mp charm, dont use def charms or every single apo you can think of, yes I'm super cheap =P plus im sage, demon spark accelerated channeling is what most clerics use for victory)
    Assassin: PhyuckMei / FirezSin / itachai
    Psychic: D_Fish / lead
    Seeker: tbd
    Mystic: tbd
  • Saintblu - Sanctuary
    Saintblu - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well this is a very hard post to reply to, since most of these people only good because of cashshop gear. If I were to give you my picks it be old people from 2 years ago before the game because cashshoped based. So this one I can't really reply to
    edited March 2011
    I wish there was a comprehensive way to create an exam of sorts to test out these so called "great pvp'ers" while nullifying the gear factor.

I guess one way is to ask them to take their gear off and fight you mano y mano with just npc gear but g'luck on that happening, seeing as much pride is staked on gear alone nowadays.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    On one hand, I want to say that there are plenty of people with OP gears on this server, and the fact that some of these names are consistently chosen should say something.

On the other hand, these are like...pretty much the few that PK at all. Better to broaden the talk to TW as well.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I wish there was a comprehensive way to create an exam of sorts to test out these so called "great pvp'ers" while nullifying the gear factor.

I guess one way is to ask them to take their gear off and fight you mano y mano with just npc gear but g'luck on that happening, seeing as much pride is staked on gear alone nowadays.

While I'm sure not many would agree... Several of us were around back in the glory days of PvP. You can sorta feel for the makes of a good player, and a person surviving on gear and apoth.

Since the best PvP pre-dated genies or access to invulnerability pots, these things would have to be taken out to in your "exam" xD But totally agree, most names dropped on these current "new" lists are just geared out people...
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Too hard to balance it out since some classes would just wreck others using npc gear.HL's apparently trying something like that atm but I doubt it's gonna work out - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1044431
    On one hand, I want to say that there are plenty of people with OP gears on this server, and the fact that some of these names are consistently chosen should say something.

On the other hand, these are like...pretty much the few that PK at all. Better to broaden the talk to TW as well.

That would be better indeed.I personally used to prefer pk over TW since it offers you more freedom and requires more skill from the player while TW is more about having a role and fulfilling it as best as you can so you're pretty much limited to that,trying to do more is always good but usually it's good enough if you just stick to your task.

But there's barely any pk these days.If you ask me the real fun pk was killed when they made lvling based on frost & bhs and making most of the world map useles,.Since I barely log on RT anymore,when I do it's either for coa/tiger or some "pk".That "pk" usually involves going to any of the pk spots (west arch is the most used on there) and asking some1 for a 1v1,might as well call it a duel with charms & pots.Sometimes it can turn out to be better when more ppl show up but that barely happens anymore.Sins also add a whole new level of boredom & imbalance to it (can't consider waiting several mins for a sin to pop out of stealth just for him to stealth again if he fails & wait on his cool downs fun,ijs). DT & Tourney can probably still offer some decent pvp outside of TW depending on your server(dead on RT,only top faction goes to them in high numbers).

Anyways,you guys should do a thread similar to this about TWs as well,like this guy did here - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1045191
    It's all about LoL,yo.
    edited March 2011
    While I'm sure not many would agree... Several of us were around back in the glory days of PvP. You can sorta feel for the makes of a good player, and a person surviving on gear and apoth.

Since the best PvP pre-dated genies or access to invulnerability pots, these things would have to be taken out to in your "exam" xD But totally agree, most names dropped on these current "new" lists are just geared out people...

It's not so much that I'm saying "good gear =/= skill" so much as, why bother anymore? Back when +6 was amazing, skill was required to exist in pk. I feel many people CAN be great pk'ers, but how will we ever know (or care for that matter) with all this purchasable end game gear.

ps.: Sometimes it's hard to "feel" past R9 +12 everything...
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    It's not so much that I'm saying "good gear =/= skill" so much as, why bother anymore? Back when +6 was amazing, skill was required to exist in pk. I feel many people CAN be great pk'ers, but how will we ever know (or care for that matter) with all this purchasable end game gear.

ps.: Sometimes it's hard to "feel" past R9 +12 everything...

Nah I know what you mean. Reason I posted my thoughts on pvp'rs in the level 80 tourney was because I feel like the twinks in 8x are close to what level 9x pvp used to be about, with some very obnoxious twists.

Either way. It's a PvE server. P2P on a PvE server is just fail to begin with ;3
  • ShizuPie - Sanctuary
    ShizuPie - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    LOL I ARE BEST PKER BY FAR

Think 12th was the day Merchant$ had their epic defense hahaha.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    thing about this, a normal geared person can never make a list like this. no matter how much skill said person has, no one wants to watch the fight, or see it if the person is dead lol i have to agree with holy; its not like back in the days. in reality, it still boils down to cash really. and as ayano said the only people that really pvp are those with said +10-12 gear lol i know the post was in good intentions but meh..with current times the idea falls short =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sakura_rose - Sanctuary
    Sakura_rose - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    q___q but I never called Dai a villain.

Wifey's a villian! :O Jk <3
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    thing about this, a normal geared person can never make a list like this. no matter how much skill said person has, no one wants to watch the fight, or see it if the person is dead lol i have to agree with holy; its not like back in the days. in reality, it still boils down to cash really. and as ayano said the only people that really pvp are those with said +10-12 gear lol i know the post was in good intentions but meh..with current times the idea falls short =/

Gear is more of a factor in mass PvP, but I've seen plenty of people who roll in 1v1 with +5 to +7 gear. I could potentially see more less geared people being brought up if it was broadened to 1v1 and TW.

My gear ranges from +6 to +10 since I'm using LA and I'm normally the first person to die in a squad when it comes to mass PvP, but when it comes to 1v1 the outcomes are reversed, so I wouldn't completely count people out for gear reasons for 1v1 at least.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited April 2011
    Gear is more of a factor in mass PvP, but I've seen plenty of people who roll in 1v1 with +5 to +7 gear. I could potentially see more less geared people being brought up if it was broadened to 1v1 and TW.

My gear ranges from +6 to +10 since I'm using LA and I'm normally the first person to die in a squad when it comes to mass PvP, but when it comes to 1v1 the outcomes are reversed, so I wouldn't completely count people out for gear reasons for 1v1 at least.

Sure, a skilled player with inferior gear can beat a less skilled player with superior gear 1v1...but that still doesn't take away from the fact that results across the board are skewed and misrepresented. For example, a highly skilled pvp'er could probably beat a poorly skilled pvp'er with far superior gear, but it wouldn't be an easy task. So, what if the skill levels were closer? It would be near impossible. And the lesser skilled player's "ranking" would be boosted beyond what it merits simply because of his/her gear.

Tis is all I'm trying to point out. This arguement has been around for as long as this game existed, perhaps to a far lesser degree at the infancy of these servers, but one that will continue on and serve only as an interesting water cooler topic since it isn't going to change anything.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    adding to holy- the really good fights are almost never seen ;s (right fayfay? ;3) but it's always a show at west gate or sp xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]