Will I get my things back? (Serious)

darknessiseternal
darknessiseternal Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
during the attack to the servers my account was **** and pretty much lost everything of value.
I truly hope the pwi team can get my things back.
Here's a list of the things I lost

Deicides +6 with Perfect garnet gem.
Warsoul of earth helm +4 with two immaculate citrines.
13.2m in cash.
The gold and green mats for the TT(HH) 99 Ashura belt.
Tome of iron will.
Daevas (human fly mount) Maxed 3.0 m/s.
Uncanny crystals.

-I truly hope the support team can do something about this.
I enjoy playing perfect world and I don't want this to be a reason for me to quit.
Post edited by darknessiseternal on

Comments

• Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver
    Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    no you wont, they will just say: submit a ticket, and after that you wont get anything back.
    been there done that, sry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Im a troll ;..;b:cute
  • darknessiseternal
    edited March 2011
    Well , I believe that's extremely unfair. It wasn't my fault at all that my account was **** if only it was theirs. So they should do something about it.
  • TwilightDusk - Raging Tide
    TwilightDusk - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well , I believe that's extremely unfair. It wasn't my fault at all that my account was **** if only it was theirs. So they should do something about it.

accounts can't be **** unless someone has your login info.so its not their fault
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawkpw
    hawkpw Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well same thing has happened to me after taking a 5 month break from the game. came back to a locked acct. when they finally got around to unlocking it after 3 days of hounding them (i posted here and they finally unlocked it)....I find out my stuff was taken as well. and believe me, I gave no one my acct info....friend or otherwise. Corruption is everywhere....even where you least expect it. nuff said. Fortunately, I have never spent a dime to play this game. The only thing Ive spent was time.
  • _Garra_ - Harshlands
    _Garra_ - Harshlands Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Me being a computer Technician i no exactly what you guys are talking about ... honestly ppl dont need to no ur info to **** ur account .. ppl have equipment that they can get ur information in other ways.. ppl are smart these days..

I recommend for anyone that if they make a password they dont use the same one more then once .. also PWI should make it manditory that in your password it has a Numeral and a symbol of some sort that why ur password will be harder to crack..

us numbers symbols and capital and lowercase letters in a password .. nothing simple make it hard but easy for u to remember
  • Wolfeh - Heavens Tear
    Wolfeh - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Garra is right. Ever heard of keyloggers? I'm sure there are other ways, but that's the one I know of right off the bat.
    edited March 2011
    accounts can't be **** unless someone has your login info.so its not their faul
    All it takes Is your username and a Bruteforce program, like brutus or Cain, an voila, I got your pass.

you fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Genadien - Dreamweaver
    Genadien - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    during the attack to the servers my account was **** and pretty much lost everything of value.
    I truly hope the pwi team can get my things back.
    Here's a list of the things I lost

Deicides +6 with Perfect garnet gem.
    Warsoul of earth helm +4 with two immaculate citrines.
    13.2m in cash.
    The gold and green mats for the TT(HH) 99 Ashura belt.
    Tome of iron will.
    Daevas (human fly mount) Maxed 3.0 m/s.
    Uncanny crystals.

-I truly hope the support team can do something about this.
    I enjoy playing perfect world and I don't want this to be a reason for me to quit.

For some reason I don't buy this as being a legitimate complaint, sounds like someone just trying to get free gear tbh.
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All it takes Is your username and a Bruteforce program, like brutus or Cain, an voila, I got your pass.

you fail

PWI servers will detect bruteforce attempts as it'll be receiving a lot of logins, thus it will or at least should reject the IP's requests to login or lock the account. That's only if PWI is up to date on security. Should also note that bruteforcing is very out of fashion and takes days if not weeks even on a hexacore and that's just for a basic password. The only credible ways would be phishing, keylogger (must not be too bright to actually install some suspicious program/plugin) or giving out personal information.
  • darknessiseternal
    edited March 2011
    Most of you won't believe this my complaint is legitimate , but that's because you have no idea how it feels to come on and try to play a game that you truly enjoy ,Just to find out that your things are gone.
    I didn't give my password to anyone, and to my understand I wasn't the only one who was **** during the attack to the server.
  • Trump - Raging Tide
    Trump - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    from what i heard no your not. dunno if half those ppl are telling the truth or not, but i do know my gf has lost some items since the attacks. dont know how or why, and no it wouldn't be hacking cause other stuff is there. I would just recommend not playing the game for a bit until something different happens. .
    more questions asked-more ppl helping to solve-better community-better support...b:bye
    edited March 2011
    PWI servers will detect bruteforce attempts as it'll be receiving a lot of logins, thus it will or at least should reject the IP's requests to login or lock the account. That's only if PWI is up to date on security. Should also note that bruteforcing is very out of fashion and takes days if not weeks even on a hexacore and that's just for a basic password. The only credible ways would be phishing, keylogger (must not be too bright to actually install some suspicious program/plugin) or giving out personal information.

they do, but the website doesnt....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    they do, but the website doesnt....

Its your fault if you make a password easy enough for bruteforce to crack. Do you know how much computing power you would need to crack a strong 8-9 letter password with symbols, capital letters, etc? If I had that much computing power, I wouldn't waste it trying to steal someone's virtual items in a video game, LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.