newbie cleric need help on build

corruptxsaint
corruptxsaint Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Cleric
hey guys,
i am interested in a cleric but idk about the build...

i want to be able to quest, but also want to have a shot in a group.

so i was thinking light armor,
so i was thinkin:

5mag
2str
2dex
1vit* (until i get a base of 10 vit)

then:
6mag
2str
2dex
(every 2 lvls)

like i said idk anything these guys, so any help from an expert to a noob? xD

thanks,
aaron
Post edited by corruptxsaint on

Comments

• Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A cleric's most important stat is Magic. Always and forever, a cleric's worth will be judged on the strength of their heals. As such, you want to put as much into Mag as possible. It's why full Mag is a popular build.

Personally, I'm an Arcane wearer, but I did put a little Vit in too, capping it at around 40. I've found that I have pretty good survivability... but this is usually more because of reasonably strong heals more than the teeny tiny HP bump Vit gives clerics.

A cleric has the unique ability of being able to heal (and heal reliably) while fighting. This means that, as long as we stay stocked on mana pots, we can fight all day without rest. This is not something you want to short-change yourself on.

I guess my point is that the risk you run in statting for LA is spreading your points too far. Personally, if you go LA, I'd suggest you drop the Vit, because you're going to want every single extra point in Mag. The extra crit to hit and evasion may be nice, but a cleric's main strength is their heals. Those extra 5 points in Vit won't really do much for you anyway. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Tankarei - Dreamweaver
    Tankarei - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Building your Status Points !!!

There are 2 builds i know for clerics. they're based on the Magical weapon and armor base.

Magical Weapon & armor base is: every 10 points, 6 in Magic and 1 in strength. this means 3 int per lvl and 1 strength every 2. 3 points free to allocate anywhere.

so, i recommend you to put these 3 points in magic, although youll have a very low defense and die very quickly if your gear is cheap as mine.

putting them 2 in vit and 1 in magic, should let your heals yet powerful but giving you an extra breathe on your way up. Because soloing quests from a full magic cleric may become weird from 35 to 40. (and quests of lv 38 in earthguards lands will be like hell)

Don't allocate any points on Dexterity, this only gives you a higher critical rate (20 points in dex = 1% critical), not too useful for a cleric on PvE, and this can be easily fixed from a nice gear for PvP.

so, 9 magic 1 strength every 10 points.
    or 7 magic 1 strength and 2 vitality every 10 points.

there are some builds based on Light armors but I don't like them though ._.

Building your Skills!!!
    Well skill building is hard as hell is. But make sure your IronHeart Blessing is at the maxlevel as possible, it will help you soloing your quests as you stack them before hitting a mob.
    Wellspring Surge is the best to heal you and your magic mates in a dungeon or not, its quick casting and loading and heals almost all the hp of an archer (and yours).
    Plume Shot Get this one at lv 6 or 7 at lv 35 and youll be ok. Its very versatile and deals physical damage, means Magic resistant mobs will cry to it.
    Great Cyclone is quick magic and slows enemies. very useful in your lone days.
    The buffs: Vanguard spirit, magic shell, celestial guard spirit and spirits gift you try to get them as higher as you can, but no worries. Try to have them AoE at lv 60~70.
    (Here between us: Its so amazing to go in middle of the party and cast those 4 AoE 1 hour buffs that makes everybody glad. Angels appear over your head when you do it, its nice :D)
    Resurrection: Level it as you can, but don't sacrifice your spirit to level it max before the lvl 50, before 50 you must spend in your ability to make things alone.

Keep in mind that past lv 45-50 you will not need to attack, youll have people in your squad doing this, you will only need to keep people alive. And if people survive you don't need to resurrect them. Thats how I used to do. b:laugh
  • EilagaSanat - Sanctuary
    EilagaSanat - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm a Pure Mag, and it has work well for me. My Vit and Dex is at 5, Str at 40 for gear requirements and all the rest in Mag.

You can heal a lot, so you'll survive a lot, making the extra Vit not that necessary b:pleased
    Trying to improve my english everyday... b:victory
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    7 mag, 2 vit, 1 str til level 40ish. Then 9 mag, 1 str til you get 54 str. Then all mag after that. Don't get dex. Wtf would you use that for?

Then maybe restat at level 90+/- and put your vit into mag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3