Voodoo timing

Options
Irae - Harshlands
Irae - Harshlands Posts: 183 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Psychic
Would someone with experience please explain in more detail the timing behind the use of Black and White Voodoo? For example: switching between the two in order to cause damage (black) and avoiding certain death (white). Do you find it difficult to time the switches? Any other suggestions/comments?
Post edited by Irae - Harshlands on

Comments

• KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is kinda why we're called psychics!

If you have a feeling you might be taking heavy damage, switch into white voodoo!

You'll know the right time to be doing some nuking.

We are Psychics. We know everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Irae - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Maybe I should put it differently. Here's a situation that illustrates it better: When you're fighting someone who keeps advancing toward you and can kill you easily in Black Voodoo. If you start with White Voodoo, you'd want to control them by keeping them in place, then switch to Black and attack them.

In my experience, by the time I had stunned/frozen someone and switched back to Black and started nuking, etc., the target would be free again and Holy Path-ing into me.

Basically I can't find enough time to lock them down and hit them without having to switch to White to avoid killing blows.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Go invis and try again.
  • Irae - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks but I'm looking for Psychic advice.
  • Aracnius - Dreamweaver
    Aracnius - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i dont ever bother using white voodoo, other then when im helping a really low lvl squad and dont want to take agro o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:surrender
    -Waiting for the day they replace these stupid bear smilies with monkey ones
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I use White voodoo for turtling wizzies and clerics. This buys you PLENTY of time to soulburn + DoT spell them. This combo is a pain because the DoT spells actually hurt, but soulburn denies them the right to heal themselves or holy path away.
    Another example is for support. Let's say you're in a fight where the people are out of your league (r9 +12 players) and your damage really isn't all that important. In that case, throw white voodoo up and just be supportive. Slow the channeling of enemy Wizzies, DoT sins and other squishy players, Diminished Vigor a difficult target, stun a group, soulburn etc.

And the last instance I use it is for sins who can one shot me or 5aps me with Black voodoo. In that case, the scenario should look like this:

Sin pops out: either he's an idiot and he f%cked up and you have time to Psy will, or he knows what he's doing and you need to Expel. If the first happens, Black voodoo immediately after Psy will and DD away; stun if you wanna keep him out. If the latter happens, just get Psy will ready the moment expel wears off. If it's the type of sin that runs the moment Psy will goes on and you don't want him stealthing, then yeah, stun him, soulburn him and DoT his ***.
    A good sin can be difficult though (or sometimes simply not worth the effort, since they can be REALLY expensive for genie energy if they keep stealthing and forcing an Expel from you) and sometimes it's best to just force them to retreat. It's hard to say where the switch should take place because sins vary a lot on their stupidity and ego levels: that means that some may run immediately, some may run right before it's too late and some may never run. I've killed SOOOO many sins by AOEing on another nearby player the moment they stealth, so yeah, that says something about their habit of running from a losing fight. You gotta adapt to the specific sin if you really want to survive AND get the kill.

If you're talking about someone else besides sins....wtf just can't ever picture myself using White voodoo on anyone but other casters and hard-hitting sins.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    that's what u have soul of stunning and soul of silence for. Sins and APS bm's will be stunned sealed and that will buy u time to psy will and bubble and DD.

I love soul of stunning. It goes off a lot and it stuns my attackers for almost 10 seconds. Gives me enough time to scratch my back, stretch my arms, walk around and one shot them.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you're talking about someone else besides sins....wtf just can't ever picture myself using White voodoo on anyone but other casters and hard-hitting sins.

Sooo all the pkers.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Technically I use White Voodoo more than Black Voodoo. With all the pking I've been doing I learned that White Voodoo is the best tool we got to protect ourselves against unexpected danger, and even sudden ganks.

Basically, I always try to switch to Black Voodoo in order to kill, when I set up a certain situation that allows me to hit my opponent when I'm fairly protected. The rest of the time I'm in White Voodoo.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric