Here we go again...
  • BloodIetter - Archosaur
    BloodIetter - Archosaur Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    DCed and cant sign on for the last 10minutes arch server
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Update 3:37 PM: Hey everyone, so the the news is that the servers are now stabilized, and we've hopefully been through the worst of it, so feel free to hop in and enjoy your time once more :)

looks like it might have only been the beginning.... :/ west servers are now down
  • Aelfieurin - Harshlands
    Aelfieurin - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This double weekend is going to be useless, cause there will be nothing but lag and dc
    If there is some hobos sitting there doing DDoS attacks, not like its hard to track it down and basicly give them a huge assraming >_>
    And i would think a reputable company hosting servers would have protection and countermeasures, but oh well

Guess we will need the dbl exp to make up for all the lagdeaths >_> , remove exp penalty from deaths until resolved maybe? b:shutup

they do have protections and stuff, however i guess the person or persons responciable for the DDoS attacks is smart/ skilled enough to penetrate them
  • _JuJak_ - Heavens Tear
    _JuJak_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yup HT went down again, dced from the server for the 11th time in past couple of days -.-
    and now even the forums won't load properly for me anymore lmao
    Dweller of Heaven's Tear~

ACTIVE : AkaiKagerou 101 Demon Assassin :: _Jibrille 8x Psychic :: _Arthuria_ 8x Seeker :: /JuJu\ lv 8x Mystic

MEOW MEOW MEOW~
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If the attacker is persistent, he/she could go on for weeks or months, disrupting the servers every few days. Unfortunately there really isn't a feasible way to prevent DDoS attacks. Hopefully its some kid using some script found off some site who doesn't know how to cover his tracks well enough. PWI please at least make some effort to fish out the culprit.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Word of the wise to PWE:

Do not tell the CM to let everyone know that just because the servers are stabilized, that it is over, when it comes to DDoS attacks. Instead, tell everyone to hang in there, and focus on finding the source(s).

Telling people it is all over with, then having it happen all over again for the 3rd day in a row is going to make a ton of people very angry.

And I have a feeling you have a ton of people very angry already.....
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • miosa
    miosa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    so ...it just happened to me now, and im not even 24 hours old ....i think xD;
  • Articwiz - Heavens Tear
    Articwiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just had another Dcing episode with my computer as well as my girlfriends computer. She tried to relog but went through the time-out process.

I will post more if it continues, b:sad

Maybe add a free plat charm NPC for players dcing so much for a reward lol.... I know wishful thinking....b:chuckle

The idea of removing the exp loss from death is an excellent idea!!! My g/f has been dying in heaven trying to grind and would like to save what exp she has. She is lvl 100 and would like to get to 101 someday. The exp at 100+ is so hard to get, why not remove the exp penalty plsssss.....
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I guess it'S or turn now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shroom_Fairy - Heavens Tear
    Shroom_Fairy - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    -.-
    it stoped for a few hours... you cant expect it to stay fixed the dos attacks are happening indefinately, frankie cant control when it happens geez... read this whole thread if you dont understandb:surrender

Sweetheart it has been going on in HT nonstop and frankly I understand the problem more than you are actually aware of but the point here is: Frankie should not be announcing the problem has been fixed when clearly it is not, it is misleading b:scorn
    You know, your eyebrow drives me crazy. It's so thick, i'ts so dark, so very...connected...b:dirty
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this company even referrers to it as zen

http://www.zenprotection.com/index b:faint
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • ZDaniel - Heavens Tear
    ZDaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    HT didnt' go down, but we all just got 9000 pings! woot! we won! lol

Seriously..... the forums wouldn't load like 5 min ago, game froze.... another attack? FRANKIE, I highly suggest you do the 2X NEXT weekend...... wait till these no life pice of shets with nothing better to do stop these attacks. And please tell me you have a way to trace them, or
    have the FBI do it, since these kind of attacks are a federal crime.. anyway...

haha FBI my *** if the ones that do that are outside US all they can do is actualy invest some of the dam huge profit they have and secure the servers ...u would expect from a company that makes 200+mil dollars that they would have the minimum protection....my dam ISP has better protection then PWI and i live in a 3rd world country lol .
    AND 2x drops schould be for a week not a weekend considering we had so many problems whit the servers lately

Have Fun and enjoy PWIb:bye
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    DCed and cant log back in!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Haven't been able to get a ping on any West servers for 12 minutes =<

WQ~~~~~ Dx My beloved WQ!
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Man_at_Armz - Dreamweaver
    Man_at_Armz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Still getting client version too low when attempting to login.. Have tried with 3 different accounts to no avail. Verifying client files now. This is getting annoying guys. I know you're working hard to get it resolved, and I'm inclined to agree with those who are asking the 2x event being moved until things are stable. b:beatup b:beatup b:beatup
  • Aranarwa - Heavens Tear
    Aranarwa - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    HT, Sanct, Arch and LC are all down for me (when looking at "select server").

The others seem to be up and running, yet I can not login to any of those three servers.

Forums load terribly slow as well.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder b:chuckle
  • Alusia - Lost City
    Alusia - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    God, how I hate humans b:angry Nothing but greedy, malicious, sardistic **** all the way..
    And why should anyone be interested in attacking PWI? Ain't there bigger games to focus on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BIackHole - Sanctuary
    BIackHole - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I just did a quick search and it looks like that other games made by the company which made Perfect World are also being attacked:

http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=431842
    http://boi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=231511
    http://eso-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=266161

b:angry
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    we know hun, we just want it to stop
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Aenghlis - Heavens Tear
    Aenghlis - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Actually not only did the majority of people get dced, personally I find that I can not relog back into the game and this is after several attempts to do so.

Now, I am not gonna bad mouth the GM or the powers that be but I would suggest that the cure actually work before it is broadcast that it would. I also understand that the server/servers are under "attack". Why not then just shut them down temporarily till the cure is found or at least can be managed effectively. Yes, people will QQ over this comment but they will QQ anyway.

I also make another suggest, (for those that like to QQ over everything feel free to start now), why not create a special shop instance to free up a good majority of the lag in West Arch. There are instances for everything else just make one for the shops are at least designate an area where they can all amass and sell till they cant sell anymore or we are too broke to buy. I find it rather difficult to travel through town when if the ping is bad I move like a snail. It should not take 5 minutes to flap my wings to go from mailbox to merchant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A thousand shall fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it shall not come near me.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    taking PvP to a Whole New Level .... LOL

Time to change Password I say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    God, how I hate humans b:angry Nothing but greedy, malicious, sardistic **** all the way..
    And why should anyone be interested in attacking PWI? Ain't there bigger games to focus on?

+1

Must be some angry 10 year old that saved 3 months of allowance to get a mount in game and was asked by someone "Let me "borrow" it, gonna spur it for you"

Btw, never accept those kinds of offers unless u really know the person..I think we all are intelligent enough here though. The "noob" or more "dumb" ones don't come here. Leadas me to think..In rpg's...aren't trolls suppose to be dumb ? Where does that put us ?

• kidate05
    kidate05 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Woot! Arch is back up!
  • Missyfairy - Heavens Tear
    Missyfairy - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So... West is kinda dead.. hardly ppl around.
    The positive thing of it all is: I dont lag in Arch!! b:victory
  • TCHP - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    I also make another suggest, (for those that like to QQ over everything feel free to start now), why not create a special shop instance to free up a good majority of the lag in West Arch. There are instances for everything else just make one for the shops are at least designate an area where they can all amass and sell till they cant sell anymore or we are too broke to buy. I find it rather difficult to travel through town when if the ping is bad I move like a snail. It should not take 5 minutes to flap my wings to go from mailbox to merchant.

I did a suggestion a while back to restrict the number of shop on range. like you could not make shop 10m close to each others, it would spread them and maybe help the lag
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BIackHole - Sanctuary
    BIackHole - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just a quick question:

Will the zen which I bought go into the game when I transfered it just now, when the game servers were down or is it going to be lost forever?
  • $LoveR$ - Lost City
    $LoveR$ - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    my account work fine with other servers it just wont let me log in LOSTCITY b:shocked whats going on with LostCity server now ?!!

i wana finish Frost XD
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well I managed to log myself in yay! If I happen to dc a lot of them again then I'll continue to read these threads for entertainment b:victory

*coughs: 3x drops/exp please* b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • BudMystic - Heavens Tear
    BudMystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:angry

Had 142 Dc/d instances since two days now! Also lost my Gold in the Freaking Auctionere due to these damn Dc/D! Not too mention the damage it doin to my Graphics Card Overheating and such with all the freezing and draining my Resources from memory spiking it off the charts.

Get this problem solved I'm pissed as it is!
This discussion has been closed.