TeeDoubleU!

Options
Cleon - Harshlands
Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Dawnglory (EU)
TeeDoubleU, discuss:

Valhalla: Why in Gods name did you guys not go for 1k?
Now you are stuck in the lower corner surrounded by "5 min crystal rushes" for the next 5 to ?? weeks.

Catalyst: I like how you guys cut AfterLife off from 1k, well played. Does this mean the Zulu-bond is finally breaking between you two?

Crimson: Either you guys are really smart or really dumb. Right now you are in center of the map and soon might be ganked from every adjacent land. Lucky for you, you are mostly surrounded by "non-factors". I guess only time will tell if the middle of map ploy was smart or not.

AfterLife: No comment.

Evoke, Omerta, Stalkers, Mayhem and Kylin (b:surrender): Step yo game up.
Post edited by Cleon - Harshlands on

Comments

• Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    TeeDoubleU, discuss:

Now you are stuck in the lower corner surrounded by "5 min crystal rushes" for the next 5 to ?? weeks.

Catalyst: I like how you guys cut AfterLife off from 1k, well played. Does this mean the Zulu-bond is finally breaking between you two?

Crimson: Either you guys are really smart or really dumb. Right now you are in center of the map and soon might be ganked from every adjacent land. Lucky for you, you are mostly surrounded by "non-factors". I guess only time will tell if the middle of map ploy was smart or not.

AfterLife: No comment.

Evoke, Omerta, Stalkers, Mayhem and Kylin (b:surrender): Step yo game up.

My guess is Valhala didnt want to get outbidded so they chose to go for a land that allows them to have 3 cities easily. Still, 1k is great mainly cuz of the pots but those pots are easy to get lately even without having 1k streams. Kylin is growing fast, not as strong as Valhala but definitely a guild to watch out for xD

P.S. I thought this was a QQ thread about how DCing is becoming so common even with people with great internet speedb:angry
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    TeeDoubleU, discuss:

Crimson: Either you guys are really smart or really dumb. Right now you are in center of the map and soon might be ganked from every adjacent land. Lucky for you, you are mostly surrounded by "non-factors". I guess only time will tell if the middle of map ploy was smart or not..

Cata-AfterLife: The Zulu-bond was actually broken long time ago: those who sck up, and those who don't.

Crimson: did they ever count?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

In case this still hasn't gotten around, Val outbid Cata in the first week for Shattered Cloud Island. So yeah. If we had not outbid them, Cata would be down there instead of near 1k.

And to be honest, if bidding had went the other way, we probably would've gone to 1k as well.

P.S. It's not like we would've known where everyone was gonna bid anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1k isn't everything. People bid down in that corner for a reason. It's a good place to own and a strong area to build from. Also I don't understand why you think they'll be having 5 minute crystal runs on the factions in that area and they wouldn't if they went for 1k. The only good faction anywhere near 1k is catalyst, if valhalla were near 1k catalyst would be where valhalla are now... Besides, mayhem and kylin won't be 5 minute crystal runs for valhalla. Sure they won't be particularly even fights, but I don't think anyone is predicting 5 minute wins for valhalla against factions like mayhem and kylin yet. Catalyst will be having 5 minute crystal sprints for a long time, valhalla might have a couple half decent fights over the next few weeks. If kylin and mayhem stack wars on valhalla they could even lose a land or two.

As for crimson I think they have a good location. They can take arch from where they are and hold onto it pretty easily. Since stalkers are allied to them and will most likely take the top right section of the map they'll be safe from that direction and can focus on defending to the left and below. No ones going to be attacking them for ages anyway so they really don't have to worry about that for now.

And as for evoke, omerta, stalkers, mayhem and kylin stepping their game up I hardly think that's fair to some of these factions. Actually Kylins doing surprisingly well. They're the only faction to win a competitive fight so far. Omerta lost to kylin but at least they had the balls to go for a tough opponent, can't fault them there. We all know it's harder to attack than defend, so we should see how they hold up if kylin attack them back before judging their strength. Mayhem haven't made any mistakes yet either, 3 lands including a city in the bag.
    Evoke and stalkers have just been outbid, so need to learn to put in real bids, but other than that it's really too early to judge anyone.
  • Hl/ - Harshlands39
    Hl/ - Harshlands39 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Omerta honestly should have won that outing with Kylin. They have several more active people than Kylin, and they are stronger. The fact that Omerta lost actually took me by surprise. I was excpecting Kylin to lay down and get beaten like they had with Zulu...it makes you wonder how they lost to them in the first place.

The fact that Stalkers is up on the map means nothing, honestly. They have little to no people, and their alliance with Crimson is pretty much the only thing keeping them rolled. Supremos isn't a faction of lowbies. They are EXTREMELY formidable, and they've done an excellent job keeping Villanos and Resist landlocked. If they were smart, they would go for more land...they're more than able to defend it.

Decide kinda makes me laugh. Their only asset really is DiscoStew, and even then, he's a Psychic and easily dispatched with the proper methods. I wonder to myself why nobody's bid on them yet.

Resist, in the very top left corner of the map, has really stunned me. They've managed to defend their corner of the map from several attacks, which included Tequilla before they fell apart. I'm sort of hoping Cata-lame doesn't take them, but the old Zulu ways of beating up people smaller than you will probably hold out. Heaven knows Catalyst needs Harshlands for the hundreds of alt FC's they've probably been spamming.

Nightowls is also a faction to be wary of. I've noticed recently that there are a LOT of them popping out...and usually, they're red named. I wouldn't say they're a threat just yet...just something to make a note of.

You have to laugh at factions like DirtySouth and <3, or Ma'yan. I have to wonder where these guys come from, and WHY nobody has bothered to bid on them... b:laugh
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Omerta honestly should have won that outing with Kylin. They have several more active people than Kylin, and they are stronger. The fact that Omerta lost actually took me by surprise. I was excpecting Kylin to lay down and get beaten like they had with Zulu...it makes you wonder how they lost to them in the first place.

Omerta has more active people then Kylin for sure, in that war they had almost 80 while KY barely had 50 ppl in there. But to be honest KY could have won that war earlier if Omerta didnt switch to defence mode after 30 minutes or so. Omerta could have done better, but they clearly showed no experience in TW and I guess KY experience made a huge difference in the war outcome.

You cant compare the difference in power between Zulu and KY at the times KY chose to not go defend. Zulu was super strong and they could have won KY in 2 pushes, so there was no reason to fight a war which will end fast and you would definitely lose. No one likes to lose. Right now, Kylin is stronger then Omerta and thats why KY won Omerta in 2 hours even with less people.

Good war regardless and I hope to have more of that during the next weekends xD
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one that finds TW completely boring and predictable? Not to fight in (that's fun), but as far as the outcomes go.

Most fun I ever had in TW was defending Zulu that last week, where the odds were literally like 2v30 and 18v50. That was intense, that was exciting and that was unpredictable. FFS we had a day with three Zulus defending three wars: one Zulu per war, and yet we held them all off until people arrived (like 5, lulz) and successfully destroyed all crystals.

But now? Meh, the opponents and strengths are too predictable.

Top Tier:

Valhalla
    Catalyst

Alright tier:

Crimson

Meh Tier:

Kylin
    Afterlife
    Insanity
    Omerta
    Mayhem

Lulz Tier:

Stalkers
    Evoke

No chance Tier:

Everyone else

I'm sure if every person made a list like this of best-to-worst, dividing guilds into seperate leagues of strength, most would look very similar to the list above, with minor variations here and there. The problem is though that the Kylin-Omerta wars or an Afterlife-Insanity fight can be as intense and as fun as they like: they won't last once Valhalla heads north.

TW needs more restrictions or something. Something to keep all the separate guilds on an equal level of strength. Perhaps more strategic points on the TW battlefield would help influence this. Honestly I think it'd be lulzy and interesting as **** if Valhalla, Catalyst and Crimson would just gtfo and let those Meh tier guys fight it out.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Cerydwen - Harshlands
    Cerydwen - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Resist, in the very top left corner of the map, has really stunned me. They've managed to defend their corner of the map from several attacks, which included Tequilla before they fell apart. I'm sort of hoping Cata-lame doesn't take them, but the old Zulu ways of beating up people smaller than you will probably hold out. Heaven knows Catalyst needs Harshlands for the hundreds of alt FC's they've probably been spamming.

Hell yeah b:laugh
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    I don't Wanna be in guild with idiots who tlkd tons of **** to me in the past for example MrsNospheratu who constantly pms me trash talk...LIKE NIGGUH U ROCKING R9 SET +11 ,not only do you suck...but your QQ is outrageous.

True Story yo b:chuckle
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hell yeah b:laugh
    I heard there was a veno named crescendia that ____ for ____
    I'm not feeling creative
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I heard there was a veno named crescendia that ____ for ____
    I'm not feeling creative

_ _ _ _ you taylor b:angry

Don't be hatin' nigguh b:cute
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Could you BE more racist??
    edited March 2011
    Options

The fact that Stalkers is up on the map means nothing, honestly. They have little to no people, and their alliance with Crimson is pretty much the only thing keeping them rolled. Supremos isn't a faction of lowbies. They are EXTREMELY formidable, and they've done an excellent job keeping Villanos and Resist landlocked. If they were smart, they would go for more land...they're more than able to defend it.

Decide kinda makes me laugh. Their only asset really is DiscoStew, and even then, he's a Psychic and easily dispatched with the proper methods. I wonder to myself why nobody's bid on them yet.

Nightowls is also a faction to be wary of. I've noticed recently that there are a LOT of them popping out...and usually, they're red named. I wouldn't say they're a threat just yet...just something to make a note of.

You have to laugh at factions like DirtySouth and <3, or Ma'yan. I have to wonder where these guys come from, and WHY nobody has bothered to bid on them... b:laugh

In tw experience, skill, strategy etc mean more than how many people you have or what kind of gear they have as long as the difference is anywhere near comparable. 50 kylin lead by a few experienced people will beat 80 omerta every time if they don't have the experience and organisation needed. Of course that's something that will be picked up by the less experienced factions as time go's on. I kind of expected omerta to win too, but I knew kylin had a good chance as they're more experienced by far.

lol at you thinking supremos, resist and nightowls can somehow achieve something whilst saying that stalkers have little to no people and only don't get rolled cus of crimson... We're actually one of the larger factions in the game. We always have 4x-7x online at any given time and can field over 70 people in most tw's even if we don't usually get a full 80. We're all 90+ with 60-70 active lvl 10x's most of them with decent gear. We only have about 5 r9's and maybe 10-20 decent refined nirvana/r8 well geared endgame people. So sure we have less op and less active 100s than the big factions. But saying we're worse than supremos, resist or nightowls is laughable. We'd roll those factions in under 5 minutes.

Deicide have far more potential than the factions you mentioned as being good. They have some good people and several very well geared members. They do ok in group pvp and have a fair amount of active players. I'm expecting them to at least put up a half decent fight this weekend and said as much to them last night when we were pvping stalkers vs deicide. Though I noticed that someone's already bid they're land that we had already bid on. probably a fake bid. Hope we don't get outbid again this week QQ

And longknife... don't put us under Lulz tier b:cry WE're really not that bad... >.>

Top tier
    Valhalla
    Catalyst
    Crimson

Alright tier
    Stalkers
    Mayhem
    Kylin
    Afterlife
    Omerta

Meh tier
    Insanity
    Evoke
    Deicide

Lulz tier
    Longknife

No chance tier
    anyone else
  • Garaver - Harshlands
    Garaver - Harshlands Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one that finds TW completely boring and predictable? Not to fight in (that's fun), but as far as the outcomes go.

Most fun I ever had in TW was defending Zulu that last week, where the odds were literally like 2v30 and 18v50. That was intense, that was exciting and that was unpredictable. FFS we had a day with three Zulus defending three wars: one Zulu per war, and yet we held them all off until people arrived (like 5, lulz) and successfully destroyed all crystals.

But now? Meh, the opponents and strengths are too predictable.

Top Tier:

Valhalla
    Catalyst

Alright tier:

Crimson

Meh Tier:

Kylin
    Afterlife
    Insanity
    Omerta
    Mayhem

Lulz Tier:

Stalkers
    Evoke

No chance Tier:

Everyone else

I'm sure if every person made a list like this of best-to-worst, dividing guilds into seperate leagues of strength, most would look very similar to the list above, with minor variations here and there. The problem is though that the Kylin-Omerta wars or an Afterlife-Insanity fight can be as intense and as fun as they like: they won't last once Valhalla heads north.

TW needs more restrictions or something. Something to keep all the separate guilds on an equal level of strength. Perhaps more strategic points on the TW battlefield would help influence this. Honestly I think it'd be lulzy and interesting as **** if Valhalla, Catalyst and Crimson would just gtfo and let those Meh tier guys fight it out.

Pretty accurate, gz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Semi-quit the game, I'm very busy nowadays
    -Former member of Kylin
    -Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Could you BE more racist??

I could b:avoid
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

And longknife... don't put us under Lulz tier b:cry WE're really not that bad... >.>

Top tier
    Valhalla
    Catalyst
    Crimson

Alright tier
    Stalkers
    Mayhem
    Kylin
    Afterlife
    Omerta

Meh tier
    Insanity
    Evoke
    Deicide

Lulz tier
    Longknife

No chance tier
    anyone else

Yeah man, Stalkers are definitely the fourth best on the server.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    does having 60 actives and 90+ alts make catalyst top tier? Everyone always hated on us and said we sucked, so any guild that can put 80 members in a tw should be able to beat us.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah man, Stalkers are definitely the fourth best on the server.

Well I wasn't listing them in order of who's best, just putting them in what is my opinion of roughly equivalent groups.
    I didn't mean to say that stalkers are better than mayhem, kylin, omerta and afterlife. I do think that we could fight competitively with any of those factions in tw though. I'm pretty sure we'd win some and lose others. Of course I could be over judging our strength. We've come a long way recently but we still have a lot to work on and we'll see what happens when we come up against some of these factions.
  • Payaso - Harshlands
    Payaso - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    stop posting such long shettt.. dam lol
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    does having 60 actives and 90+ alts make catalyst top tier? Everyone always hated on us and said we sucked, so any guild that can put 80 members in a tw should be able to beat us.

To be honest, I'm not quite getting it at this point either.

Realistically, about 40-55 of you would show up to one TW. Granted, all of those range from decent to awesome IDs, but still. If a guild can 80 you guys, they should be able to win in a short amount of time (5 to 30mins, say?) unless...well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Nurfed - Harshlands
    Nurfed - Harshlands Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What the **** are you guys talking about saying people will beat catalyst? As long as we got sweet caroline globally playing on vent during TW, we will always win for the win and for the win. Our 40 man is 40 strong whenever our song is playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vhFnTjia_I
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To be honest, I'm not quite getting it at this point either.

Realistically, about 40-55 of you would show up to one TW. Granted, all of those range from decent to awesome IDs, but still. If a guild can 80 you guys, they should be able to win in a short amount of time (5 to 30mins, say?) unless...well...

In theory this makes sense. In reality if you have 50 catalyst against 80 stalkers/omerta/evoke etc I'd back catalyst every time.
    Same story as 50 kylin beating 80 omerta. The less experienced tw facs still have a lot to learn. Most of our members have been in only a few tws, they have very limited pvp experience and they don't have very good gear. 20 decent fairly experienced players and 60 people with poor gear who don't really know what they're doing can't compete with 50 good experienced players.

Eventually people will gear up and gain experiance sure, but then catalyst will still have sweet caroline b:shocked
    There's no hope for any of us QQ
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    In theory this makes sense. In reality if you have 50 catalyst against 80 stalkers/omerta/evoke etc I'd back catalyst every time.
    Same story as 50 kylin beating 80 omerta. The less experienced tw facs still have a lot to learn. Most of our members have been in only a few tws, they have very limited pvp experience and they don't have very good gear. 20 decent fairly experienced players and 60 people with poor gear who don't really know what they're doing can't compete with 50 good experienced players.

And that is where the "unless" part comes in. Thanks for playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited March 2011
    Options
    And that is where the "unless" part comes in. Thanks for playing.

Well yeh, we're not all valhalla. Not every faction out there has 80 op level 10x's to throw in tw and roll over anyone with less than 80 people regardless of tactics or strategy used.
    So... "unless" a bunch of op cash shoppers flock to your faction you have to take things like experience, organisation, leadership and gear difference into account instead of just worrying about cramming 80 people in there and running up to that crystal going "lololololol WE R TEH WINNERRRZZ!"
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What the **** are you guys talking about saying people will beat catalyst? As long as we got sweet caroline globally playing on vent during TW, we will always win for the win and for the win. Our 40 man is 40 strong whenever our song is playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vhFnTjia_I

Last weekend we also played Friday and Never say Never. IJS.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Considering the average refinement of your entire guild is +8, yeah I'd say your 50 that you get for TW can beat every single guild aside from Valhalla.

Why do people always give Crimson so much credit?
  • LezardVaeth - Harshlands38
    LezardVaeth - Harshlands38 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    we sucked

CSing R9 +12 with your homo lover probably solved that b:kiss
    edited March 2011
    Options
    CSing R9 +12 with your homo lover probably solved that b:kiss

So you like to **** suck and rim (9+12=21) 21 guys in one day with your homo lover Lezard??? Wow, you'z hardcore bro. Hardcore!

*Edit* - Or did I read that wrong :S
  • AsHeZ - Harshlands
    AsHeZ - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Nurfed Carolineeeeeeeeeeeeee b:chuckle
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Prediction: Valhalla is the new Zulu. (they have so many former members, it sort of makes you want to vomit in the nearest trashcan.)

In four to five months, expect them to own a very large chunk of the map, along with Catalyst, Afterlife, and possibly Kylin/Omerta/Crimson. I doubt any of them actually stand a chance...the most likely being Catalyst....

With as many very (extremely) heavy cash shoppers as Valhalla has, even sweet, sweet Caroline may feel inclined to believe they Never could.

@TryAgain:
    Probably because they were the only faction with the nads to stand up and beat Zulu...ijs...I didn't see anybody else doing it.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Elednor - Harshlands
    Elednor - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Considering the average refinement of your entire guild is +8, yeah I'd say your 50 that you get for TW can beat every single guild aside from Valhalla.

Wait we have people under +10?! Kick imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]