Cheap Lure

Lich_Man - Lost City
Lich_Man - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Something that might be useful to other mystics. Punishing Sting is the cheapest and fastest lure I've seen so far. Since it isn't aoe it targets one mob at a time. So just use it, let the mob kill it then you and your pet will be ready and waiting when it comes your way.
Works with bosses too. ^^

The only thing sting lacks is the distance of other lures.
Post edited by Lich_Man - Lost City on

Comments

• trololololololll
    trololololololll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yeah but you cant know which mob gets lured :/
  • KareszPsych - Heavens Tear
    KareszPsych - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This doesn't work. Mobs will just run out at you while casting the plant. It isn't anywhere near reliable enough to be worth it.
  • Ketania - Heavens Tear
    Ketania - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just use a pet to lure.

Using punishing sting + Lysing is a viable way of luring BH metal.
  • Lich_Man - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    The lure will as long as you're not in any of mobs aggro ranges. If there are too many mobs between you and your target don't use this it probably will get you swarmed.

The one thing about any lure is too keep out of aggro range of other mobs. Like I said sting lacks the distance of other pulling methods. Besides that it's not having to waste 600 mana resummoning. And I can pull for longer amounts of time without to meditate. Or for that matter burning mp charms.

For bosses it take a second for aggro to shift to the plant. But within that time you could only be hit once by a debuff. After the mob or boss is done with the plant it will come after you. All you have to do at that point is shift the aggro to your pet. Now if you were damaged a little doing this you can use one heal then you good as new. All in all it costs less then to resummon you pet. And you save mana when you need it.

Also lysing would cause an AoE earning the aggro of every other mob in range.
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Orrr you can get a Zeal genie. Much safer than the method you're talking about, and no mana cost for resummoning a pet.
  • Lich_Man - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    One thing to that, your genie has a set amount of points to use. while mana can regen alot more easily. Besides that if you ask me they're just about even.

But the simplest way isn't always the most effective.
  • Ketania - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011

Also lysing would cause an AoE earning the aggro of every other mob in range.

No ****, that's what you're supposed to do in BH metal /facedesk

If you need to lure mobs 1 by 1 in BH metal you need to uninstall.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No ****, that's what you're supposed to do in BH metal /facedesk

If you need to lure mobs 1 by 1 in BH metal you need to uninstall.

Omg, I wonder who should uninstall >.<
    First, what would even be the point in lysing Punishing to pull a group of mobs when any archer can just throw STA into them ? >.<
    And this is if you were taking about luring the dinos and blades to the BB in case you just ask the cleric to hold his first BB in the beginning of the hallway. But !
    Secondly, why in heck would you pull them all if the bladers are here and may interrupt BB ? >.<
    Thirdly, if the cleric actually move their BB at every group of mobs (which I'm able to do fast and easy on mine), why do you even need to pull the group ? Just have the tank run into them >.<

And, effectively, just using a summon to pull the bladers like any veno sounds like the best option for a mystic. Let the others bring the rest of the group...
  • Ketania - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Because it's situational. Anyone can lure in BH metal, you don't need an archer to pull, or a veno for that matter. Sometimes the archer will be a stronger DD than the mystic, and can be barraging the current mobs in firing range while the mystic continues to lure the next few sets. Runners will not interrupt BB if they are hit first..which is why you Lysing your sting.

You're telling me to uninstall? Just lol..

You seriously did not know runners won't interrupt BB if they are hit first? Hmm..uninstall please?
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yay for intellectual pissing contests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
    edited March 2011
    Because it's situational. Anyone can lure in BH metal, you don't need an archer to pull, or a veno for that matter. Sometimes the archer will be a stronger DD than the mystic, and can be barraging the current mobs in firing range while the mystic continues to lure the next few sets. Runners will not interrupt BB if they are hit first..which is why you Lysing your sting.

You're telling me to uninstall? Just lol..

You seriously did not know runners won't interrupt BB if they are hit first? Hmm..uninstall please?

Never been able to check this out since months I've been 100 and doing BH everyday. Why ? Cause I've never been in a single squad which doesn't lure the bladers and just rambo into the whole group. Yeah, every BH100 during like 6 months... Just face it, your pulling method is BS unless every single person in the squad has big cashopper gear and can survive when the archer is doing BoA alone while you pull the rest and none dies >.<
  • Ketania - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    LMFAO? Wow your server is epic fail then if you constantly need to lure mobs before rushing in. EVERY BH metal that I do I will lure whole sets at a time, and if the squad is strong, I'll lure one group, run back into BB and immediately lure another etc. Sorry bud, but I don't cash shop and you don't need a CS'ed squad to be able to kill 6 mobs rofl...
    edited March 2011
    LMFAO? Wow your server is epic fail then if you constantly need to lure mobs before rushing in. EVERY BH metal that I do I will lure whole sets at a time, and if the squad is strong, I'll lure one group, run back into BB and immediately lure another etc. Sorry bud, but I don't cash shop and you don't need a CS'ed squad to be able to kill 6 mobs rofl...

I can swear that two groups of mobs isn't handable when you see many people dying with only one >.<
    In the worst cases, on my veno, I had to lure the dinos one by one cause most ppl of the squad were dying with both and the flying blades <.< Thankfully it's not too often but happens, but a squad able to survive two groups, I've never seen in several months.

But then again, in 95% of the cases my BHs were like:
    - pull a runner
    - pull 2nd runner
    - cleric BB
    - barb goes in and aggro all the rest if the group
    - everyone prays they survive.

And exactly this for every group.

On a side note, my cleric has 8.2k hp buffed, 8k pdef, 11k mdef, 11k m.atk. And yeah, sometimes she cannot survive two groups at one time. (specially if barb doesn't aggro everything too well)

NB: On my server, a veno, or anyone with a Zeal accidentally pulling all the group at one time while trying to get a runner will most likely get yelled at while someone will try to use AD at the last second and half the squad will wipe. So your Punishing Sting thing sounds like something I'd never do on my server.
  • Ketania - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    It's not my fault people you do BH with don't know what they are doing. Seriously..I've done 3 lures at one time and the BH was done (after mobs spawned) in under 3 minutes. And wow guess what, not a single person in that squad was a cash shopper. We knew what we were doing and we had good gear as well.

I've already tried using sting to lure in metal with Lysing and it works just fine. And hoho! not a single person died the entire BH.

Anyone who tries to lure mobs 1 by 1 in metal squads I go into, I will A: Ask them wtf they are doing, and B: Start luring myself because I don't have all day.

My wizard can tank an entire lure uncharmed, with only a BB cleric heal. The only times I see people die are when they are squishy, and get facerolled by sac assault/increased attack mobs, or when people are simply not paying attention (like me). Any other time, there is such a small likely hood of someone dying it's not even thought of.

Let me guess, you do BH fire 1 mob at a time too?
    edited March 2011
    It's not my fault people you do BH with don't know what they are doing. Seriously..I've done 3 lures at one time and the BH was done (after mobs spawned) in under 3 minutes. And wow guess what, not a single person in that squad was a cash shopper. We knew what we were doing and we had good gear as well.

I've already tried using sting to lure in metal with Lysing and it works just fine. And hoho! not a single person died the entire BH.

Anyone who tries to lure mobs 1 by 1 in metal squads I go into, I will A: Ask them wtf they are doing, and B: Start luring myself because I don't have all day.

My wizard can tank an entire lure uncharmed, with only a BB cleric heal. The only times I see people die are when they are squishy, and get facerolled by sac assault/increased attack mobs, or when people are simply not paying attention (like me). Any other time, there is such a small likely hood of someone dying it's not even thought of.

Let me guess, you do BH fire 1 mob at a time too?

We lure one by one the mobs that aoe, the rest, the tank gather them and we aoe. Don't tell me everyone just rambo in the whole group without pulling them out first in your squads, right ? >.<
  • Ketania - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Wow..that's pretty carebear right there..

No..for example - cleric sets up BB once mobs spawn, I use an aoe skill on one of my chars, run back a bit so mobs get in range of BB. Depending on which char I'm on I'll either stay back and DD, or run forward, lure another group and run back, and just get the BM's or whoever else is there to kill them. Kill the first 3 sets of mobs, move BB, kill the next 2, then the boss. Is that supposed to be hard?

Now that I think about it, metal can probably be done now without BB and just have a tank go in and get aggro first. Got something to try tonight b:victory
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    One thing ive learned is that every server does things differently. I still cant get used to the way DW does Fcc cause its so much different from the way sanctuary does it. >.<