Did they fix Sage DB?

Options
Rhazgoth - Heavens Tear
Rhazgoth - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Wizard
As the title says, did the newest patch fix Sage Dragons Breath? I have tried out a couple RB's and it seems to be fixed but I wanted to double check. Lets hear other wizards experiences.
Post edited by Rhazgoth - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    what was ever wrong with it? lol
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the "rumour" of it stealing aggro because stuns evidently reset aggro, not simply because level 11 mage aoe > wrs aoe x9001?

yeah, it's fine
  • Satchiko - Dreamweaver
    Satchiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    the "rumour" of it stealing aggro because stuns evidently reset aggro, not simply because level 11 mage aoe > wrs aoe x9001?

yeah, it's fine

It wasn't a rumour, I tested it last year and took aggro over an archer who was using a +10 heaven shatterer with two garnet gems. And I didn't have a tome, bless box, rings, or a weapon on while I was doing it. The old posts are buried somewhere on this forum.

As of a BH from two days ago the range on sage DB still seems buggy to me and as of a full run from last week so does the amount of aggro it generates. Or at least I don't see any differences, it's not impossible for me to be wrong.
  • MarioElGris - Dreamweaver
    MarioElGris - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It wasn't a rumour, I tested it last year and took aggro over an archer who was using a +10 heaven shatterer with two garnet gems. And I didn't have a tome, bless box, rings, or a weapon on while I was doing it. The old posts are buried somewhere on this forum.

As of a BH from two days ago the range on sage DB still seems buggy to me and as of a full run from last week so does the amount of aggro it generates. Or at least I don't see any differences, it's not impossible for me to be wrong.

from pwpedia

"Some skills build up a lot more aggro"

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Aggro

I read this after of course after a few deltas. I used Inferno-Heaven instead of rank 8 and I would get all the aggro even with Rank 8 archers with shards.

The skill simply draws a lot of aggro even though damage isnt all that great. Mobs are attracted to the mirrored disco ball. IMO stun + damage skills and short range skills draw a lot of aggro and this two features are found in lvl 11 db (though i have no official info about this)

Wizards have many flaws and this one wouldnt top the list. Besides ppl see your hp bar bounce up and down and they believe you are doing all the killing, ocassionally you get an Expel or two
  • Satchiko - Dreamweaver
    Satchiko - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No, sage DB definitely generates a lot more aggro. I also tested this with no weapon, no tome, and no rings vs. a wizard with DB10, a +10 lunar, and the +45 magic tome. I still got all aggro.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yup, been proven time and time again.
    It's not about the glow, the pink poney or the **** of the wizard in DB. Stun resets aggro. That and mobs in RB having higher phys than mag res and there u go, the perfect recipe for fail.
    Gotta be a pro squad to save the *** of a wizard with Sage DB in RB.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angels_Age - Dreamweaver
    Angels_Age - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I've had it for a couple months now, finished my lvl 100 culti and did a lot of Full-Delta's and haven't had any problems. I steal agro like crazy because of the stun, but eh. It works.
  • Sconzy - Archosaur
    Sconzy - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It is not the stun. actually it does not reset aggro. If that were the case then demon DB should never aggro in RB, but i still get aggro in RB. Wat actually happens is the stun resets the timing of the mobs.

Before the stun procs, the mobs that u aggroed all hit at different interval, say 2 mobs hit u in the first 2sec then another set of 2 will hit u. kinda like they alternate. but after the stun, all four mobs hit u at the same time. Its an observation i have made from seeing bms pull n stun during any zhen/aoe situation.

EDIT: just wanted to add that i not a pure build.
  • NotMansAlt - Raging Tide
    NotMansAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    OK here is my say.

I currently run delta with a few wizards that have this and there are no problems, even with delta teams that lack stunners.

Back in the day i ran it with a wizard who just go it. And he DID take too much aggro and die. But he was kind of asking for it.

The mobs in delta have a lot lower magic resist than physical. Here is a typical delta mob

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/17114

Physical Defence about 55% reduction

Magic Defence 32% reduction

Metal: 1873

Wood: 1873

Water: 1873

Fire: 1873

Earth: 1873

So my take on it is this:

While it generates more hate, and STUNS DO generate more hate its nothing unusual or glitchy. A wizard with balanced attack and defense shouldn't have much greater problem than lvl 10 dragons breath. I'm not gonna say i afk multicliented a wizard with sage dragons breath with a g15 +10 nirvana weapon for all of delta with no problems whatsoever but if I did say that I might not be lying.

So don't worry about it.

PS Sconzy has an interesting point.
    but after the stun, all four mobs hit u at the same time
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hello. I know last post has been more than a month ago but I am having issues wih Dragon's Breath. I have had to force close game the couple of times I have used-once tonight after I beat Boss in Slaughter House in Cube (talk about a bummer). I have platinum charms for HP and MP so it just keeps going and going and going and...You get the idea. Not able to move, stop spell-nothing. Is there a way to stop the spell? With my bound plat. mana charm, I would be siting here until Labor Day of I didn't force close
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    if you got a problem, start a new thread and necro an old one,

to answer your question,

Pressing Esc should cancel your DB, and if that fail for some reason relogin should stop that spell. No one i know comes into the game with 1 spark or DB open for that matter.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
    MadameFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    So? Whats the conclusion people? Did they fix Sage DB or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
    b:cute
    -MadameFrost b:heart
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hello. I know last post has been more than a month ago but I am having issues wih Dragon's Breath. I have had to force close game the couple of times I have used-once tonight after I beat Boss in Slaughter House in Cube (talk about a bummer). I have platinum charms for HP and MP so it just keeps going and going and going and...You get the idea. Not able to move, stop spell-nothing. Is there a way to stop the spell? With my bound plat. mana charm, I would be siting here until Labor Day of I didn't force close

Yes, it's a necro, blablabla, but I'll awnser it anyway:
    There are severel ways to cancel a skill that is channeling. You can click esc, which cancels whatever you are doing at the moment. If you clicked a mob, esc will unselect that mob. If your channeling a skill, esc will cancel. If you opened a window (like invatory), esc will close it. There is a catch though. Just like windows, you have to have the thing you want closed 'slected'. If you want a mob unselected, but opened your invatory after you selected the mob, esc will close invatory. Than you have nothing 'selected' so esc won't do anythhing. Clicking on the mob's info bar will 'select' it, and esc will now close it.
    Same with canceling a skill, click the channelbar of DB will select is, and than esc will close it.

There is an easier way to close DB though.
    When you are channeling DB (or any other continues aoe), the bar looks just like any other channel bar, with 1 difference:
    http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/2018/20110615092910.png (that's my catshop, but w/e) The 'crystal' thingy on top of the channelbar is yellow-ish, instead of blue as it is normaly. Click on that crystal will chancel channeling
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    As the title says, did the newest patch fix Sage Dragons Breath? I have tried out a couple RB's and it seems to be fixed but I wanted to double check. Lets hear other wizards experiences.
    if you got a problem, start a new thread and necro an old one,

to answer your question,

Pressing Esc should cancel your DB, and if that fail for some reason relogin should stop that spell. No one i know comes into the game with 1 spark or DB open for that matter.

Thank you. I didn't start a new thread because I believed my issue might be part of the issue you were discussing b:beatup
This discussion has been closed.