Interesting Thicket discoveries

Ketania - Heavens Tear
Ketania - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Not sure if it's posted anywhere or not yet but oh well if it is.

Few small things:
1. Upon casting Thicket, there will be no damage log of it given to the caster.
2. Upon getting hit by Thicket, sometimes the damage log will only show 1-4 hits happening to you. For example, Thicket casts 4 plants on the target which each deal a set amount of damage; I tested on my cleric with this skill and sometimes it only logged 1 hit, sometimes 2 hits etc for 3 and 4. Thicket deals xxxx damage, only being shown partly.
3. Damage shown above the target's head seems to be random between 1-4 hits shown in duels.
4. There is no damage reduction at all on question mark mobs (only tested this in RB BH so far). Example: My Thicket seemed to have done an absurd amount of damage with lots of numbers popping up, so I asked the squad to not do anything on the next wave and only have the BM stun/HF. When the time came shortly after, the BM stunned and HF'ed, and I watched the damage closely. The mobs had 90k ish HP I believe, and Thicket dealt damage 4 times consecutively, and each plant hit the mobs (aoe) for 28k. Essentially, my Thicket dealt aoe damage of 122k and one shot the entire wave. I tested this multiple times and each and every try, the damage was the same, within a range of 27-31k damage a hit. The mobs in RB are [?] which normally would give a damage reduction to players. All of my other skills hit normally within a damage range of 6-8k.
5. Thicket does have a damage reduction to players in duels and TW.

So um..basically the biggest thing about that is the absurd amount of damage it does to [?] mobs (assuming bosses as well).

Please note: Those numbers are with a +12 weapon, and I have not tested the damage with no weapon on in RB. However, I am assuming it won't hit much seeing as how majority of the damage from that skill comes from the weapon, but who knows.
Post edited by Ketania - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wow i never knew this... and after all i thought about it being suckish b:sad
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Ketania - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    2 new things that just popped into my head

1. The skill seems to never crit, whether it be the base skill i.e all 4 hits critting, or individual plants critting. I have not seen any crits yet (would have gotten 1 by now).
    2. Watching the damage log on my cleric, all the damage comes at the exact same time, which leads me to believe that say for example a BM has 8k HP, and each hit of Thicket hits 2.1k = 8.4k damage, it would go around the BM's charm, acting as a *1 shot* and kill him.
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    knew about it all =P
    But good to hear how it does in RB.

Did you get the chance to test gale force's paralyze effect proc chance yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Ketania - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I could do that today I suppose. By sheer guessing I would say the proc rate is anywhere from 30%-50%. It doesn't proc nearly enough for it to be a viable PvP worth skill against high APS classes, from what I can see so far.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A few of the things you posted are because, while Thicket is under our spell list, it's counted as a summon (like the plants).

Summon's damage doesn't show up in our damage log, because we didn't do it, the summon did.
    No damage reduction because summons aren't affected by [?] level (like veno pets)
    Summons can't crit with their attacks

And I'd love to see someone get in here with a definitive answer on the charm bypass deal. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Daltia - Sanctuary
    Daltia - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    if the hits are simultaneous, I could believe they could by-pass a charm...I've heard of 5aps classes bypassing charms before, so I don't see how this couldn't, but it'd have to be a clean one-shot.
  • VelvetKiller - Lost City
    VelvetKiller - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Call me n00b but can some1 explain me what "PvP damage reduction" is? How many times Thicket's DMG is lower in PvP than in PvE? And, does it make it bad skill for PvP? Mystic seems nice class for me, with healing, summons and plants, but if they're not so good for PvP, it wouldn't be nice...

P.S. Anyone knows anything about Thicket's AoE range?

P.S. 2 It's so annoying, I called my Mystic the same name that I had called the Psychic before deleting it and now I have Psy avatar, even thou this char doesn't exist...
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Call me n00b but can some1 explain me what "PvP damage reduction" is? How many times Thicket's DMG is lower in PvP than in PvE? And, does it make it bad skill for PvP? Mystic seems nice class for me, with healing, summons and plants, but if they're not so good for PvP, it wouldn't be nice...

P.S. Anyone knows anything about Thicket's AoE range?

P.S. 2 It's so annoying, I called my Mystic the same name that I had called the Psychic before deleting it and now I have Psy avatar, even thou this char doesn't exist...

In PvP, every attack from every player does 1/4 the damage it would do in PvE. So it's not just for Mystics

And I'm not sure about the AoE range, though I know at level 1, it's almost non-existent. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
    edited March 2011
    And I thought PvP reduction is only for some skills... how nooby.

Damn, it's not good about AoE range. But its DMG seems to be even higher than BIDS, it has only 2 seconds channeling and Silences/Freezes. Anybody knows, are these status effects reliable?
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And I thought PvP reduction is only for some skills... how nooby.

Damn, it's not good about AoE range. But its DMG seems to be even higher than BIDS, it has only 2 seconds channeling and Silences/Freezes. Anybody knows, are these status effects reliable?

For the status effect's reliability, you can see here:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12591681&postcount=3
  • trololololololll
    trololololololll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    2 new things that just popped into my head

1. The skill seems to never crit, whether it be the base skill i.e all 4 hits critting, or individual plants critting. I have not seen any crits yet (would have gotten 1 by now).
    2. Watching the damage log on my cleric, all the damage comes at the exact same time, which leads me to believe that say for example a BM has 8k HP, and each hit of Thicket hits 2.1k = 8.4k damage, it would go around the BM's charm, acting as a *1 shot* and kill him.

unfortunately its been confirmed that the skill actually does tick hp charms. the hits have a tiny interval between them, but they show up on ur damage log at the same time.
    edited March 2011
    So Mystics can't 1shot...b:sad
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I oneshotted a cleric last TW with thicket. Poor girl was buffing her squad while i threw a thicket on someone else next to her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Interesting. So I could assume that thicket also receives no contribution from attack levels, since it's not you that's doing the damage?

This makes Jones blessings and R9 gears relatively less useful on mystics than on other classes. So they become not as useful towards the endgame. But I guess there are other benefits such as hitting ?? lvl mobs harder (I would personally take a sin over mystic for bosses though).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Interesting. So I could assume that thicket also receives no contribution from attack levels, since it's not you that's doing the damage?

This makes Jones blessings and R9 gears relatively less useful on mystics than on other classes. So they become not as useful towards the endgame. But I guess there are other benefits such as hitting ?? lvl mobs harder (I would personally take a sin over mystic for bosses though).

Actually, I believe it would get effected from Attack levels, since I've run several tests and the pet summons get attack level bonuses. I'd have to mess around and see if a Jones' blessing increases Punishing Sting's damage to be certain if it works the same for plant summons, but I'd imagine it would.

EDIT: Tested it with Heartless Wolves at BBB. Punishing sting's damage went down considerably without my Jones' (from 936 to 821). However, I also did some tests with Thicket, just to make sure, and while it does seem to get a boost from Jones', it's not nearly as much, at least not at level 1. Each tick always did 2960 with Jones', and 2930 without (granted, if all 4 hits were to connect, that's a difference of 120 damage, but still not much). If anyone with a higher level Thicket could test this as well to see if the difference is more substantial with higher skill levels, I'd appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Actually, I believe it would get effected from Attack levels, since I've run several tests and the pet summons get attack level bonuses. I'd have to mess around and see if a Jones' blessing increases Punishing Sting's damage to be certain if it works the same for plant summons, but I'd imagine it would.

EDIT: Tested it with Heartless Wolves at BBB. Punishing sting's damage went down considerably without my Jones' (from 936 to 821). However, I also did some tests with Thicket, just to make sure, and while it does seem to get a boost from Jones', it's not nearly as much, at least not at level 1. Each tick always did 2960 with Jones', and 2930 without (granted, if all 4 hits were to connect, that's a difference of 120 damage, but still not much). If anyone with a higher level Thicket could test this as well to see if the difference is more substantial with higher skill levels, I'd appreciate it.

I've just tested my lvl 9 Thicket and I start believing it does get affected by Jone's Blessing.

Both test were done on regular Glacial Seeds (lvl 91 mobs).

1st test with Jone's Blessing: each tick for 4192
    2nd test without Jone's Blessing: each tick for 3709

Now, I'm horribly aweful at maths so couldn't do the math with the % given by attack lvls, but the difference seems fairly clear to me.

Edit: Well, I felt like doing those tests with my Punishing Sting lvl 10 as well and the different is quite slighter than with Thicket.
    with: 1061
    without: 931
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I've just tested my lvl 9 Thicket and I start believing it does get affected by Jone's Blessing.

Both test were done on regular Glacial Seeds (lvl 91 mobs).

1st test with Jone's Blessing: each tick for 4192
    2nd test without Jone's Blessing: each tick for 3709

Now, I'm horribly aweful at maths so couldn't do the math with the % given by attack lvls, but the difference seems fairly clear to me.

It's roughly a 13% boost, so it's not quite the 30% most people would expect, but it's still pretty nice. Thanks for the test. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011

It's roughly a 13% boost, so it's not quite the 30% most people would expect, but it's still pretty nice. Thanks for the test. b:thanks

So, roughly, even being bad at maths, I'd say that plant summon attacks get half your attack lvl bonus (?). Would be nice that a mystic with higher attack lvl does this kind of tests too to figure out if plant summons benefit from half your attack lvls :o Or maybe with someone using genie skill Frenzy ? (don't have it on mine)
  • Daltia - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    it just sounds like plants follow roughly the same rules as the other summons, lvl 10 = 50% gear stat

which makes it close enough to the numbers that were posted, I don't think Frenzy would work though, as it is a buff, it wouldn't reflect on a pet.
  • Ivory - Harshlands
    Ivory - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If u get better armor the pet will be better since we are "link" to them also getting buffed by squad members also help the pet to be better in pve
  • Daltia - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    If u get better armor the pet will be better since we are "link" to them also getting buffed by squad members also help the pet to be better in pve

buffs don't affect pets, its only equipment value that transfers to pets...though I do wish buffs did work on pets....sparking would provide a pet with insane attack power...
  • Ivory - Harshlands
    Ivory - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    buffs don't affect pets, its only equipment value that transfers to pets...though I do wish buffs did work on pets....sparking would provide a pet with insane attack power...

yeah but when u get buffs the value of the armor changes so your pet gets it... I did not mean u can buff the pet or anything like that lol....
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Try summoning your summon during a spark then resummon after the spark wears off. Compare stats. You will see that the spark does not give it more attack power. The same goes for all the other buffs -- Verdent Shell, cleric buffs, etc..

It would be great if the buffs did apply to the summons.