RP?

shandragontear
shandragontear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey, sorry not sure if this is the right place to ask about this or not, but I was wondering what the role playing community was like here, or if there even is one?
Post edited by shandragontear on

Comments

• Raequel - Dreamweaver
    Raequel - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well there kinda is.

Everyone plays their classes they way they should for the most part (aside from the hyper / oracle babies).

Otherwise there's a lot of people out there each with different values and opinions. So find the crowd you best fit into and have fun

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raequel (103 Sage Veno) / Egwaine (101 Demon Cleric)
    Daniiella (101 Sage Sin) / Else (100 Demon Archer)
    Tiae (bm) / Athanasyos (barb) / Zeylene (wiz) / Eleysha (mystic)
  • Moriigane - Archosaur
    Moriigane - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What areas might be considered RP hot spots where players like to congregate?
  • Raequel - Dreamweaver
    Raequel - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm not sure about other servers but on Dreamweaver our PK hotspot is Orchid Temple.

Other spots where lots of people can be found is Arch, Forgotten Frostland, Nirvana and TT entrances (when double drops is on), etc.

Depends on the time of day too. Sometimes there's hundreds of people everywhere, other times even the most populated areas can be a ghost town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raequel (103 Sage Veno) / Egwaine (101 Demon Cleric)
    Daniiella (101 Sage Sin) / Else (100 Demon Archer)
    Tiae (bm) / Athanasyos (barb) / Zeylene (wiz) / Eleysha (mystic)
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    MMOs, I've found, aren't particularly conducive to RP. It's just the way the game is structured; there's so much meta-gaming going on, with all the various worries about experience points, and hp/mana, and what skills to upgrade. It's a pity there isn't more RPing, since PW has an awesome, fleshed out world that would make RPing pretty fun.

I RP a little just in normal gameplay, in that, depending on which character I'm playing, I put on a different personality. That's a bit of the game for me, trying to stay in character with no one the wiser. b:chuckle

That said, I have seen "RP" factions advertising in chat every once in a while, so there must be a small community out there. I haven't found it, but a more die-hard RPer than I might after a bit of searching.

Good luck, and have fun, whatever the case. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have noticed that there is not a whole lot of "role play" in PW. Our player community is more like a big hang out spot, everyone hangs and chats and jokes (and NSFW jokes >.> sometimes), but not many people really role play.

Thats not to say there aren't any that do, as I have met a few--and they are always fun to encounter-- but the majority of people are playing as themselves, just in a different body.
    I'm not sure about other servers but on Dreamweaver our PK hotspot is Orchid Temple.

OT PK has no role play. Just people killing each other for lulz. b:surrender
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think one of the main reasons why there is very little of an RP community in PW is the small character limit in the chatbox.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like to do novella RPing, and definitely being confine to 2 or 3 lines at time is really hard for me... xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well there kinda is.

Everyone plays their classes they way they should for the most part (aside from the hyper / oracle babies).

Otherwise there's a lot of people out there each with different values and opinions. So find the crowd you best fit into and have fun

b:cute
    Think you missed the OP's question

Just PKing and Dungeon crawling isn't RPing.

PWI doesn't really have an RPing community, at least not on par with WoW or others of its ilk. You can change your persona to w/e you want your toon to come off as, but it doesn't really fit into the overall design of the game. There's no intricate back stories (ala P&P D&D), or user crafted roles.

About half of each server is a-holes, and the other half pure carebears. Not really any "inbetween" community.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Moriigane - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the info. All of PWs games look really pretty, much better then my current MMO of choice, WoW, but a strong RP community is kind of important to me. Sorta the only reason I play these kind of games.

I might play a bit here and there, it's something pretty to look at if nothing else, but for the mean time I'll probably keep feeding Blizzard.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the info. All of PWs games look really pretty, much better then my current MMO of choice, WoW, but a strong RP community is kind of important to me. Sorta the only reason I play these kind of games.

I might play a bit here and there, it's something pretty to look at if nothing else, but for the mean time I'll probably keep feeding Blizzard.

PWI's a nice enough game to at least make new friends and chill out with while taking on the PvE aspect of it. It's really more of a very flashy chat program.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Moriigane - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    How successful do you think an attempt to build an RP community on here would be? Like say if everyone could be gathered together and pick a server with a low population of other players to designate as an RP server?

Or would it be a wasted effort?
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think you mixed up RP (Role Playing) with RPK (Random Player Killing) there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)