Small earthguard and FC questions..

L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
We all know by now, we get a limited time flyer in supply chest lvl 15.

My question is :

- Not everyone plays as much as me or other persons here, some have school, work, can only log like 2 hours a day.

- Not everyone can cash shop a not limited flyer

Why still give flying mobs as quests even past lvl 20 ? I mean. I have other chars (like most of us here) and can get called for bh, fb, TT, FC and whatnot.. So I literraly felt forced to rush those flying mobs in case my flyer would expire. What happens if it does and u still have those ? You wait till 30 for ur 30 chest flyer and go backtrack to do them for lousy experience at that level ? It is nice they gave us ability to fly at 15, to explore and such, but sincerly..till 15 u dont really get many air mobs (and I mean ones u can't shoot form ground unless they are low enough) So why that decision ?

I know..Most will start flaming me saying "Well most of them oracle anyway or get paid to get brought to FC" Witch, sorry but that thing is really crazy "Selling Fc heads" like come on..The way I see it now, people for around 5 mils more or less can get prety high level in no time. What's exactly the point on a PvE server ? Aren't u suppose to enjoy the new classes, love the new quests and explore the new lands ?

I will get flamed for this. But with already oracles, hypers, training esoterias, gold silkworms, I realy think FC should have a level required. You are not level "X", u just can't enter.. Must not be too hard to code. I mean hell/heaven, you can't go in if u havent gotten lvl 89.

I see FC as a place to help level up when u are 75+ since quests start to really lack, and past 90 (my main is 96, before u judge avatar) even bh + cs + chrono daily + even MQ will give around 15-20% of ur level. Yeah in those cases, FC can be important for that "extra mile".. But for someone to be rbought there at lvl 1 and go 1-40, then 40-60 and 60-80 or so (with hypers) in 3 runs ?? Just ridicoulus to me..

What does that bring ? Noobs like I saw on WC today. Leveled up in FC (so no cash to be made there) was broke and was trying anything for money. "Selling 5 hypers for 500k each, selling quick ancestral Kirin for 90 mils (i think), can I loan 40 mils from someone" When I pmed that person , just answered "well I need cash for skills"

2 types of persons that powerlevel :

- Those who have the real cash to support it, make server stay alive, can get rank gear, max skills, good armor for their level and such. Those I'm ok with.

- Those who just want to "showoff" : "look Ma, im 101 seeker !! Oh damn, what's that ? A quest ?? For a tab ?? Qingzi ?? Where the hell is he ?? Oh wait..I put 200-300 magic on my seeker, well what, he uses metal attacks right ?? Why can't I equip high level weps now ??" Those I despise...

Ok I shut up now b:shutup
Post edited by L_y_n_x - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is all I read from this; "It's not fair that others are allowed to level up their characters faster than I can."
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well u read wrong. I "could", I just don't want to. I like to enjoy the game and see all the little things it has to offer, not just spider/wicked pirates and FC.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    About the lv 15 timed flyer gift, i think that it was nice for earthguard compared to other race.
    I rather fly than walking and swimming back to archosaur for spiritual quest at lv 2x and before that compared to other race earthguard can cut traveling time by a lot with that timed flyer.

On the same time it's let earthguard taste the feeling and advantage of flying earlier, in order to producing cash shop customer.

PWE : " You feel didn't lv fast enough and didn't have enough time to play ? Don't worry !!
    You can use hyper, oracle, and ff (unofficial way for ff) to lv up faster. "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Well u read wrong. I "could", I just don't want to. I like to enjoy the game and see all the little things it has to offer, not just spider/wicked pirates and FC.

Let those people do as they wish. It is not you doing those things, so why does it bother you?

I have 5 characters.

a 77 psychic, a 98 venomancer, a 70 wizard and a 66 assassin and a 64 seeker. Of the 5 characters, only on my venomancer did I oracle some on. That was the 60s. I did it again 80-83 but stopped because I needed too many(100) books to get one level. The rest I grinded/BH/quest to the level they are at now - my seeker I play with my love - we wont get 100 fast, and frankly I don't care. I've seen all this game has to offer as far as PVE is concerned. I've fought mobs that most people at 100 probably have never seen. It doesn't bother me that they can skip seeing the world and go straight to 100.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i was level 30 on my seeker within 2-3 days tops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Which has nothing to do with oracles or hypers. The quests down there level you up so fast. I remember an NPC that you pretty much got 2 level ups from just by talking to it. X_X
  • Ulvhedner - Harshlands
    Ulvhedner - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    We all know by now, we get a limited time flyer in supply chest lvl 15.

My question is :

- Not everyone plays as much as me or other persons here, some have school, work, can only log like 2 hours a day.

- Not everyone can cash shop a not limited flyer

I think you where at something there, and instead of complaining about leveling pace, this should be more important, we have enough of them already.

So to get back to your question about EG quests, I have to agree for some players who doesn't play that often this might be an issue, but there should still be plenty quests to do in the new areas to make you level, and if there's not enough you will always have the same quest as the rest of the races after level 19.

If it was intentional or not, I have no idea, but it worked out fine
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bottom line: FC needs a level cap.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011

why exactly is that? how does other people's play style effect you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Why a level cap won't work:

1) There actually is one--if you have a member in squad that is lower than 75, you can't open the gate. You also can't use the teleport to FC at lower than 75.

2) They found a way around this level cap, they will find a way around another. It's like the 3-x *** whupping of 2010--it didn't really stop farming of the instance. People will just find a way around it. It's like adding seals and random aggro to Nirvana (and to that, I still say WTF?)--people found ways around the random aggro.

It's called adapting. They can do all the fixing they can, but people adapt eventually...or quit.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • ArrowOHeaven - Lost City
    ArrowOHeaven - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thats why when im bored i drop barrage of arrows onto the spider/wicked pirates and about 10 earthguard are dead. :X
    Then i get 1 shotted by a 100 sin whos passing nearby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DIE! I SAID DIE!
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Thats why when im bored i drop barrage of arrows onto the spider/wicked pirates and about 10 earthguard are dead. :X
    Then i get 1 shotted by a 100 sin whos passing nearby.

and this kiddies is what we call a **** move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Third__Eye - Sanctuary
    Third__Eye - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My seeker was 90 at the end of the third day.

I dont see the point of this thread. I think you're making this because
    1. You can't solo FCC
    2. You can't afford pay ppls for it
    3. You're jealous of the peoples who gets paid

Im not a cashshopper but I can still afford the most things. That's because I was one of the first fist barbs on serves and peoples starting to ask me for nirvana/TTs, I made lots of money.

Yay for the fist barbs b:victory
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As someone who doesn't tend to have a lot of time to play, as well as someone who has a good many active alts at any one time, I definitely appreciate the OP's sentiment. The new timers on the supply stash are rather vexing, because I'll usually only get maybe 2 hour's use out of them, logout, then be forced to log into that same character next time I play or risk wasting the timer.

Then again, I joined the game before supply stashes, so I don't feel like I'm particularly missing out if a timer dies on me too quickly. It feels like old times. b:chuckle

As for hypers and FC and stuff... I don't do it myself. I prefer to learn the game and my class by squadding with others my level for BHes and whatnot. Being FCed up just doesn't sound fun to me.

Then again, a lot of the low-level toons being led through those FC runs are alts. And after have 12+ alts, I can definitely see why older players do it. Killing the same 25 White-eye wolfkins over and over on different characters gets very tedious. b:surrender

In my opinion, it's just a matter of what people want out of the game. Some people want all their toons at endgame content asap (or, in some cases, just like to show off their e-peen with a bunch of level 10x toons), while others, like me, enjoy the journey. Excepting the e-peen reason, there's no point in judging either playstyle, because both are valid.

We're all just here to have fun, after all. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Vincinator - Raging Tide
    Vincinator - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    2 types of persons that powerlevel :

- Those who have the real cash to support it, make server stay alive, can get rank gear, max skills, good armor for their level and such. Those I'm ok with.

- Those who just want to "showoff" : "look Ma, im 101 seeker !! Oh damn, what's that ? A quest ?? For a tab ?? Qingzi ?? Where the hell is he ?? Oh wait..I put 200-300 magic on my seeker, well what, he uses metal attacks right ?? Why can't I equip high level weps now ??" Those I despise...

Ok I shut up now b:shutup

Almost everyone jumped up except last poster, who didn't get that part ?

There's a difference between powerleveling an alt to bypass those mines quests and such and those who just powerlevel a new class to "shine" and feel superior but in fact mess it up.

Yeah, each their own playstyle. b:bye
    In game chars (Raging tide, over a year im here)
    Sir_Puma (BM 98)-- L_y_n_x (Barb 85) Cyres (Cleric 69)
    BurningHeart (Wiz 34)-- LadyPuma (Veno 57,used as bank char)
    Vincinator (Test seeker lvl 46,RiP)-- Amup( True Seeker 71)
    Powerleveld chars : None-- Quests done : Too many b:surrender
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As one can see from my signature, I play a lot of alts. Unfortunately, this caused the same problem for me as for the OP. I had no idea about these flying mobs in the future, and I didn't play my seeker for a couple days after she was about lvl 16 because a few other things needed my attention (being faction leader I often also am helping with things). So when she hits 19, has no flyer, and I find out for culti I have to kill air mobs... oh how fun. After standing on a pillar for about five minutes desperately waiting/hoping for one to get close enough for me to hit, I finally had to call upon the power of a wizard friend to do my culti for me. Which irritated me to no end.

Whoever set up that quest was a moron that did not think that we might not *all* be able to play straight through to 19 the minute we open that supply stash. EG are not elves. Flying mobs before 30 is just stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    why exactly is that? how does other people's play style effect you?

I get stuck squadded with them. Of course, I have been known to *cough* a few times boot the lametard from squad and Tempest them (and not revive, of course... doing it repeatedly in an instance would be mean...). That or I get back to SZ before them and make sure I'm able to get them a couple times when they leave... b:pleased
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com