How to decompose a genie properly

Options
Kuddadar - Sanctuary
Kuddadar - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Reading the beginner's FAQ, I learned the first genie was randomly given to you. I am interested in changing my genie. What is the proper way of decomposing the genie to preserve what you have invested already?

I know there is a 'Decompose Genie' option at the Watcher of the Earth where the genie experiences is saved into a genie cube to be transferred from the old to the new genie. What about the Affinity points already allocated to the five elements? Could those be saved and re-allocated to the new genie's skill requirements? Do I need a 'reset' stone to save off the Affinity points?
Post edited by Kuddadar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the old genie turns into an exp cube. you get its exp and that's it

no stamima
    no affnities
    no attributes
    no anything else

just exp and there is no item you can get cash shop or otherwise that will let you transfer anything other than exp.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the old genie turns into an exp cube. you get its exp and that's it

no stamima
    no affnities
    no attributes
    no anything else

just exp and there is no item you can get cash shop or otherwise that will let you transfer anything other than exp.

Wow that sucks PWI! So basically you need to rebuild the new genie from scratch, except for the experience level. Lucky I asked first before doing it.

Thanks for the reply Furries.
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Instead of decomposing my first genie, I got a new Zeal genie with the Earthflame skill I wanted. Since Earthflame is a level 1 skill. It is ready to go when I want to use it for single pull. I found out I could swap out genies just like swapping out different weapons.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lots of people build separate genies for separate uses, with different skills based on what they anticipate needing in different scenarios.

switching genies is a bit of a pain, though, what with having to wait for the energy to rebuild and possibly reorganize your hotkey bars if you like to hotkey genie skills. i do it as little as possible, myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.