Excessive Spirit Cost?

Options
Nahktuul - Archosaur
Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
Soul Shatter lvl 2 costs 107k spirit? That seems a bit excessive, doesnt it?

Ive noticed that almost all seeker skills are extremely high in spirit. I find it frustrating, even as a seasoned PW gamer for the past 2 years.

Anyone else feel the same?
PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
Post edited by Nahktuul - Archosaur on

Comments

• Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Actually no, Seekers have less skills than BM/Sin, and many other classes.... So it's only natural that cost per skill per lvl will be a bit higher...
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Actually no, Seekers have less skills than BM/Sin, and many other classes.... So it's only natural that cost per skill per lvl will be a bit higher...

So you're saying that because we have very limited utility, we should be punished even further by high spirit costs?

It's not even like the skills are that good...
  • Mitsukaixx - Archosaur
    Mitsukaixx - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think thats a bogus reason. The only reason we have less skills then all other classes is because we are not completed yet, so no thats not the reason why in the slightest.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Archers have less skills than Seekers, if you count in the 100/79 skills.

I really would like to know if the Dev's plan on adjusting the spirit required for Seekers. Even with doing FC at 12x with 2x event, I can barely get enough spirit to keep up with the skills.

I am glad I am not the only one who feel that the spirit amounts required are just absolutely ludicrous.
  • Airgetlam - Sanctuary
    Airgetlam - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I did notice the high sp costs as well, so I decided to just genie exp dump at 49 and will again at 59. However, it is true that we have very few skills, compared to a bm their is almost no comparison. Compared to an archer, yea pretty close in amount. But my archer didn't max out his skills till level 93, so yea...
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I'm finding myself unable to slighly keep up with skills as well.
  • BryFoo - Raging Tide
    BryFoo - Raging Tide Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I understand your feelings re: Spirit

Trying to level both Human and FoxForm trees was a P.I.T.A. to say the least. I exp. dumped into my Genies from doing PQ until I had both trees leveled as much as possible.

I'm just happy that I didn't have to pay as much Spirt/Skill as you do though. Maybe you're paying for the sweet graphics that the older classes lack? o.O

Chaulk it up to PWI thought process I suppose b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VinnieZ - Raging Tide
    VinnieZ - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When u start fcing is when ur spirit starts catching up with the cost.. Skills are expensive in general :(
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When u start fcing is when ur spirit starts catching up with the cost.. Skills are expensive in general :(

You're 100. I am 77.

While I do FC (I did mention that in my OP), I also said that I still do not get sufficient spirit to level up my skills. Over 100k for lvl 2 skill? El Oh El.

My sympathy goes out to those who may have just started the game, and tried out seeker for their first class. This SP heist is not the norm for PWI.
  • VinnieZ - Raging Tide
    VinnieZ - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're 100. I am 77.

While I do FC (I did mention that in my OP), I also said that I still do not get sufficient spirit to level up my skills. Over 100k for lvl 2 skill? El Oh El.

My sympathy goes out to those who may have just started the game, and tried out seeker for their first class. This SP heist is not the norm for PWI.

Yes my statement implies that pre fc it is difficult to lvl ur skills
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're 100. I am 77.

Seems quite the norm to me.
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Since when are 11800 SP for the lvl29 Fury Burst normal b:question
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^Frost Scarab, Stunning blow, Soul Transfusion, Summer Sprint - all 11,800 at lvl29. Venomancer is an old class.

Anyway, it was like that when I was on my psychic. This is why it didn't bother me because it's been no different than when I played psychic. They are actually the same points across the board.
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Soul Shatter lvl 2 costs 107k spirit? That seems a bit excessive, doesnt it?

Just checked ecatomb for giggles, and correct me if I'm wrong, but It says that every 59 skill for BM costs about 107k spirit at lvl2, and Sins average closer to 125k.

As far as the Bm is concerned, were not even mentioning mastery needed for multipathing...
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    here's a real seeker spirit cost QQ: the way skill upgrades seem to cluster at certain levels.

i dinged 31, nothing much, 32, nothing much, 33, one skill upgrade, 34 --- holy cr...! i spent something like 120k spirit at one go, right at level 34, and i STILL didn't get all the skills i wanted, upgraded. if i hadn't been dumping XP from catching up on my earthguard quests, i'd've been buried under that avalanche with no hope of digging myself out.

now i'm looking at the skill tree, and 39 looks to be as bad or even worse. what's with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    so You're Saying That Because We Have Very Limited Utility, We Should Be Punished Even Further By High Spirit Costs?

It's Not Even Like The Skills Are That Good...

+12345
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver
    VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It actually just seems to be an Earthguard thing. As a mystic we have a good bit of skills and some of the level 1 versions are over 50k spirit... I burned through 1.3Million spirit with the quickness.
  • Eva_La_Roux - Lost City
    Eva_La_Roux - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ^Frost Scarab, Stunning blow, Soul Transfusion, Summer Sprint - all 11,800 at lvl29. Venomancer is an old class.

Anyway, it was like that when I was on my psychic. This is why it didn't bother me because it's been no different than when I played psychic. They are actually the same points across the board.

+1

Not sure why you even point out that your skills cost that much. It's pretty much the same for all the class's if you dont belive me, look it up right here

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

And about BM having more skills vs paying less spirt is a false statement. So it seem like Seekers need less spirit to learn "All" of thier skills vs a BM, because they have less skills (not including 79/100)

You should only get skills you actually use more often vs. trying to max all yours skills at once.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if your not spamming your level, you should have a surplus of spirit by the time u hit lv95. Its always been like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan