Mat/herb farming!

Shadovvnn - Heavens Tear
Shadovvnn - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
My friend told me mat/herb(mainly mat) farming is good to get money. And i bought a mount for it b:laugh . Then i got like 20 of each mat and time came to sell it. When i look how much i will get in total it was like NOT EVEN 400k b:angry .
I posted this threat to ask is mat good way to get money?
What mats/herbs are best to farm?
And what is other good way to get money?
And pros and cons of mat/herb farming...?
Post edited by Shadovvnn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    some people want to buy pots that were made with herbs... some ppl will pay more for your matts than others... find 1 or 2 ppl who are buying a certian matt at a high price and go farm that matt... but i would just go farm mobs b/c you get quests done, quest exp, mob exp, coin, DQ items and gear... b:victory
  • Shadovvnn - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    some people want to buy pots that were made with herbs... some ppl will pay more for your matts than others... find 1 or 2 ppl who are buying a certian matt at a high price and go farm that matt... but i would just go farm mobs b/c you get quests done, quest exp, mob exp, coin, DQ items and gear... b:victory

But it doesn't happen like that. People just look at AH or somewhere and try to find the lowest price and buy it.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    first off, 20 of each mat? is not a whole lot of each mat, actually.

second, where and how where you planning on selling them? are these NPC prices you're quoting us? look at what catshops are asking for the same mats, around the west arch apothecary / blacksmith / tailor. then open your own catshop and compete with those, figure what their price levels will gain you.

third, that market research in step number two? is what you probably should've done before deciding on which mats to farm. ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    20 of each mat is what, 30-45m minutes of route farming? Well, for mid-mats. High herbs that would be 10m of farming...

You need to mine mats for many HOURS to make money. And it's not all that worthwhile to do it anymore.

I remember when subs sold for 75-80k ea. I used to make millions farming for ultimate subs... back in the day. LOL
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Farming mats is a waste of time.

Farming herbs can be decent for making money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2011

1) I think mat farming is no longer as lucrative as it used to be.
    2) Herbs in Heaven / Hell sell decently, though unless you have a higher level alt, you don't have access there yet.
    3) Merchanting
    4) Tedium
  • Shadovvnn - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    1) I think mat farming is no longer as lucrative as it used to be.
    2) Herbs in Heaven / Hell sell decently, though unless you have a higher level alt, you don't have access there yet.
    3) Merchanting
    4) Tedium

What is Tedium?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think maybe elena meant to put tedious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    no, Elena's use of language was (as usual) quite correct.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    no, Elena's use of language was (as usual) quite correct.

TEACH ME b:victory
  • Malkomod - Harshlands
    Malkomod - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't think there is a specific Mat or Herb you should farm. I farm any mats, and when at a main city there is less seller and mats price go high, I sell this stuff.

Well there is no secret! I do around 1-2 hours farming per day. Your catshop need to be always full. I like that each mat have over 100. Because some players buy it by pack of 30-50.

And if you sell common mats, you will get less money from each, if you sell rare mats, you will get more money from each. for exemple concentrated glue price is higher than ageratum.

And with DQ points, some people farm DQ a lot! I do not do it but, with a veno it would be nice!(less repairs and less potions because of pet)
  • Destynia - Sanctuary
    Destynia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Farming mats is a waste of time.

Farming herbs can be decent for making money.

I don't find that to be true at all - I make VERY decent money off of Legendary forging mats - pig iron, coal, etc.
    I have yet to experiment with herb farming, but I'm always looking for new ways to make money.
    I can't give away ALL my secrets, you'll just have to research and look around ;P
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    a bit necroed xD

and some catshops buy mats too on RT, not the same profit as if you sell them, but better than npc'ing
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't find that to be true at all - I make VERY decent money off of Legendary forging mats - pig iron, coal, etc.
    I have yet to experiment with herb farming, but I'm always looking for new ways to make money.
    I can't give away ALL my secrets, you'll just have to research and look around ;P

If you think you're making money off farming low mats, then you have no other secrets to offer. b:pleased

Nice necro, BTW. :P
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Necro. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My friend told me mat/herb(mainly mat) farming is good to get money. And i bought a mount for it b:laugh . Then i got like 20 of each mat and time came to sell it. When i look how much i will get in total it was like NOT EVEN 400k b:angry .

Farming legendary/wine mats for money is a good start. It is definitely not the most efficient way to make money. If you are having money troubles and you have no other way then this is a good way to get into the money making game, it is just not the best way to make money. It is good, just not the best.

I made my first 20 million off of it, lots of time, lots of effort. It is worth it considering it is free and just laying all over the place and requires nothing but your time, you don;t even have to fight if you do not feel like it.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    blah blah blah +1 NECRO! b:laugh
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC