Foxclaws? o.O

Larkray - Dreamweaver
Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Suggestion Box
*Looks at lunar magic sword's durability* Only 50 durability lost.
*Looks at green FC axe's durability* Also only 50 lost.

*Compares both repair bills* Why the heck is the magic sword so expensive to repair? Answer: Because the durability for magic weapons is extremely low.

I'm suggesting a fox form specific weapon that is physical damage based instead of magic damage based.
The following weapons adhere strictly to in-game style of weapon construction.

Example:

*Buddha's Leaf(2 socket(s))
Magic Sword
Lv. 13
Attack Rate(Atks/sec) 1.25
Range 3.00
Physical Attack: 456-684
Magical Attack: 831-1016
Durability 125/125
Requisite Class Blademaster Wizard Psychic Venomancer Barbarian Assassin Archer Cleric Mystic
Requisite Lv. 95
Requisite Strength 52
Requisite Magic 285
Vitality +16~17
Reduce Physical Damage +3%
Phys Res. +240

Price 80,120

It's magic attack exceeds its physical attack, which is fine for an arcane class caster. Its durability is also not an issue for a caster.

Now for my Fox Claws Example

*Kito Katara(2 socket(s)) (random name that popped into my head, >:( work with me)
Magic Claw
Lv. 13
Attack Rate(Atks/sec) 1.25
Range 2.50
Physical Attack: 831-1016
Magical Attack: 456-684
Durability 350/350
Requisite Class Venomancer
Requisite Lv. 95
Requisite Strength 200
Requisite Magic 150
Regeneration: Has a chance to recover 5% HP.
Physical Attack +144
Accuracy +20%
Note: Only fox form skills may be used with this weapon equipped.

Price 80,120

Now the second weapon would be for a heavy armored venomancer that fights/tanks in fox form. (which I do quite well I might add) Increased durability would even out the repairs for melee hits between the class weapon types, as well as the change around in damage, would let more Venomancers decide to branch out from the casting and experiment with their fox skills. I know some Venomancers who didn't even know they had fox form skills.... I also know several heavy armored Venomancers who would get these immediately.

So what is everyone else's opinion's on the Foxclaws weapon branch being added?
Any suggestions are welcome
There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
Post edited by Larkray - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Judor - Dreamweaver
    Judor - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    :o
    <- Trolling don't mind me. xD
  • Misterie - Dreamweaver
    Misterie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OMG Larky!! You are suuu already epic enough D:

But totally an awesome idea b:victory
  • Artymis - Dreamweaver
    Artymis - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i personally like this because venos are very versatile im my mind. i know there are some venos out there who think only 1 build is the only way to play veno correctly but i like to see variety in my favorite pwi class. this wep would prove beneficial for the HA venos, but maybe add some -int to it? i met a veno who had 3aps so idk if thats what HA are into, cuz i personally am AA/LA. i think its cool enough & hope to see it soon!
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    ithis wep would prove beneficial for the HA venos, but maybe add some -int to it?

I just took the first melee weapon effect that popped into my mind. While making this post I was at the TT forges looking at random weapons and had happened to stop at one that had Regeneration effect.

The effects could be completely different for all I care to be honest. I just want the friggin weapon lol.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    Shoshanne - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Cool idea b:pleased
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well, from the point of view of someone who's never made a veno (so take this with a grain of salt if you wish), don't you guys and girls have a melee mastery that gives +120% weapon damage? That's twice what the other melee classes get. Also, it's 200% if you go sage and 150% (and 3 crit) if you go demon.

I'm not going to bother with the actual math but a from a rough guess it seems as if the damage of a magic sword would be comparable to that of a normal sword/blade weapon of the same level; maybe a bit less but the slightly faster attack speed should even it up somewhat.

Now, I know that swords are generally considered the worst weapon path for BMs but that's mostly due to the fact that their skills, well, suck and the skills that don't suck are overshadowed by skills from other paths which do the same thing, only better. Also, fists do better DPS with -interval gear so, um...........yeah.

As a veno, you have access to a handful of handy debuffs and a pet to do some more damage. You also have the option of switching to caster form and using magic which, until seekers, no other class could do (and seekers can't really do effectively).

I'm not really trying to bash on the idea but I just figured that bringing in another point of view would be helpful for opening up debate and discussion. I'll have to agree on the lack of durability magic weapons have though.
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Well, from the point of view of someone who's never made a veno (so take this with a grain of salt if you wish), don't you guys and girls have a melee mastery that gives +120% weapon damage? That's twice what the other melee classes get. Also, it's 200% if you go sage and 150% (and 3 crit) if you go demon.

I'm not going to bother with the actual math but a from a rough guess it seems as if the damage of a magic sword would be comparable to that of a normal sword/blade weapon of the same level; maybe a bit less but the slightly faster attack speed should even it up somewhat.

You're also forgetting that the physical damage is highly reflective on the strength stat. With a heavy armored veno to keep up on magic weapons, they cant afford any more strength then necessary for their armor. So no a magic sword in fox is nowhere close to the same damage as a sword type weapon on another strength based class. Example in the following to PWcalc links on the damage.

First link is a traditional Allpath stat SAGE BM. All masteries/self buffs are saged along with the exact same gear that i've got on my current veno aside from the weapon.
    http://pwcalc.com/de2b7efef218ff3d

Second link is the same grade lunar weapon with same shards and refines in the weapon as the sage BM in link number one.
    http://pwcalc.com/189a99025b28fe85

As you can see from link 1 to link 2, there's a significant difference to an average physical weapons melee damage, compared to a magical weapons melee damage, even with sage fox form and melee mastery.

And for ****s and giggles... The third link is what my Veno's got at the current moment. That too is sage fox with fox form/self buffs only.
    http://pwcalc.com/042400659ecdcb4e

Edit: Added a pwcalc weapon variation of lunar gold magic sword, in foxclaw form.
    http://pwcalc.com/631ecd91e06990bc

Second edit: added another pwcalc but with a "cash shopper's" variation with foxclaws. its epic o.o
    http://pwcalc.com/55cff702bf01a3e0

• Endariel - Dreamweaver
    Endariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hmm... lets see now..

Since I am AA veno I don't really need such an item but I can clearly see the benefit for such an item to exist.
    Hell, I might even make a second HA veno just so I can use such an item. More so it will settle the neverending QQ about HA venos being OP/UP (overpowered/underpowered) from both sides.

With such an item HA venos would be able to focus on proper damage, and not just skill damage while tanking, and not hope that an overly eager player will steal aggro cause of higher DOT.

More so it will allow for higher versatility for fox-form fighting venos who up till now suffered cause most fox-form skills demand sparks or have long cooldown time and while they wait all they do is scratch weakly at the mob cause their weapon does lame 300-400 phys damage on a mob that any decent axe or blade would do 7K damage otherwise.

So yeah Lark, I DO want to see such a weapon created for venos (hey, sins and psy have special weapons, and so do seekers, how about adding one for the older classes eh?). Will they actually make one? Lets wait and see.
    I need not tell lies, I make truth happen.

- Vanquish now, Vanquish forever -
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol i don't even know much about venos and i can see the good in this ideab:cute
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wouldnt that be a tad overpowered with sage/demon fox formb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wouldnt that be a tad overpowered with sage/demon fox formb:surrender

More op than a sin ? (b:shutup)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No more OP than a 5aps class.

The fox melee tree is far over looked. They were meant to have this path as an option, obviously given the skills and separate tree. I have a 92 HA veno myself and would love to see such a thing implemented. Granted they probably won't, but at the very least they should grant the usage of fox-form and fox-form skills with melee weapons A fox using claws or even fists makes perfect sense and a barb can use an axe while in tiger...why not a veno. (no QQing over fists/perma-sparking HA venos, thats not the point here, and would still be hard/costly to pull off without the demon spark attack boost)
    In addition, and side-tracking slightly, to this, venos cannot receive the bloodpaint buff. That buff applies to melee classes, which a veno can be should that path be chosen. I've never understood why a veno cannot recieve it and have it limited to melee attacks giving back the HP - thus negating AA builds from taking advantage of it. The melee veno should be revisited by PWE and changes made to compliment using a veno in this manner.

Endariel, technically Seekers do not have a class specific weapon. They are simply limited to an oft-unused BM weapon. This implementation of using older, already in game equipment as a 'class-specific' weapon for a new class makes me think that if they ever did anything for HA venos, it would be along these lines. While a new veno-specific weapon would be preferred, even allowing other melee weapons wouldn't be so bad as more people might opt to try the melee path, and having more options for classes is never a bad thing.
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    More op than a sin ? (b:shutup)

good point lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited March 2011
    This is slightly off-topic, but with Seekers we have gotten buffs directly on weapons. I would honestly like to see the Bloodpaint skill redone to be actually applied to the melee weapon itself...
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    This is slightly off-topic, but with Seekers we have gotten buffs directly on weapons. I would honestly like to see the Bloodpaint skill redone to be actually applied to the melee weapon itself...

Well the rune buffs are available for all classes, so it doesn't imbue any balance in the weapon sets, it just progresses everyones damage at the same rate. Also the major issue was the durability, not so much the damage done. And as for bloodpaint... YES. YES. YES. YES YES YESYESYESYESYESYES YES! The venomancer is half physical class, so why should we not get bloodpaint as well? (Friggin racist a$s buff)

• Knaifer - Dreamweaver
    Knaifer - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have to say interesting idea, and i see the merits of having two weapons for venos. BMs have 4 skill paths and have (in essence) 4 weapons to choose from. So since venos have 2 (very different skill paths ) they should be able to choose between 2 weapons to suite the skills.

well I know its a long shot but hey lets be optimistic b:chuckle

if not, at least make it possible for venos to use fox form skills with claws/other weapons
    b:surrender
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Well the rune buffs are available for all classes, so it doesn't imbue any balance in the weapon sets, it just progresses everyones damage at the same rate. Also the major issue was the durability, not so much the damage done. And as for bloodpaint... YES.
    -snip-

My post was just outlining the fact that if Seekers have direct weapon buffs, why can't the same knowledge be used to balance such a controversial issue? I'm gonna make another thread suggesting it.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i fully support this new weapon idea; it might get me to restat to HA even before i hit level 90, just to play with such toys.

i also fully support Kritty's idea of making bloodpaint a buff applied to the weapon instead of to the character. more use of that new concept, please!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i always was a tad irked at how the venos had a skill tree leaning towards phsycal attacks yet they had no kind of spcal weapon for them. i feel that all classes would have some sort of weapon that is unique to them.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    bump >.>