Switching stances

altweina
altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
The seekers get various stances that have effects. I feel like a dummy for not putting this together but you can only have one "effect" at a time. I understand the idea is you are in a sword stance but how have you worked this into your game play? On normal mobs you will only use 1 since they die so fast? on bosses, wont you just use the most powerful one...So leveling the lower skills is a waste of money and spiritb:angry

Not really angry its my own fault....I have heard of seekers soloing pulls in FC is that with normal gear or do you have to have millions invested? At this point I am thinking I wasted alot of spirit and money leveling the lower skills....when I will probably just use the newest ones....Oh do the stuns and things work on bosses? I have noticed many seem to resist them.
Post edited by altweina on

Comments

• Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As a standard, when I'm in a situation where I'm gonna be fighting more than one mob, I either use SoulSever, or Parchedblade. When fighting bosses I usually use Northern Sky waltz or Soulsever, depending on the boss, Damage dealers compacity or if I'm gonna be stuck in Vortex, I dont use any of them.

Unless:

If there's another seeker in squad I'll use vortex with Soulsever and let them gemini to death. makes for a good partnership if you have one status inflictor, and one controller.

Bosses, mobs and players can be inflicted with multiple stance status' at a time, but you can only use one per seeker
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Depends really, I've just been freestyling it. Like if the boss resists a certain status, I'll use a different one. Generally I use Parachedblade on mobs for stun, and Soulservet for Bosses.

Northern Sky I'll also sometimes throw on for bosses as well. And if there are other seekers in the squad I communicate with him so that we can have multi stances going. Pretty effective.
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The only stance that I'm using atm is the Soulsever Minuet stance, because it triggers the spirit bore curse, which makes the coolest skill we have even more deadly.

I wouldn't worry too much about stances, since it won't affect a squad that much.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Fumidzuki - Sanctuary
    Fumidzuki - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i use soulsever - northern sky tandem on bosses if im gonna be skill spamming/auto attacking.. and soulsever if im gonna be using vortex.. thing is u have 30 sec when the status activates, when spirit bore comes out > gemini slash (3mins attack and def lvl -10), then switch to northern sky > staggering strike combo for def lvl -20... if ur gonna end up doing vortex stick to soulsever for 3 min debuff..
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think bore and northern sky -def lvl debuffs do not stack.
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What I've found most effective for bosses is starting out in Soulsever to trigger the -atk and def levels. Then as soon as that triggers, I switch to Northern Sky and trigger it's -def debuff.

They do not stack, but what happens is that the boss will still have the -atk level, but instead of the meager -def from Soulsever, it will have the much greater -def from Northern Sky (tests show that it is the NSW one, cause it only lasts a few seconds once you cast it over Soulsever). So now you are getting a boss that hits weaker, but is also taking a greater amp.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Yep that is correct. I also do that on bosses to lol.
  • Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    Kuyton - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All my plans seem to be going away lol. first heart shatter only works on skills, and now the def levels do not stack. its a good job seeker is fun to play as or i would just go back to BM.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Yeah but -20def lvl is huge enough + the def reduction skills on genies, etc.