Dual sword or single??

FL_CL - Raging Tide
FL_CL - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
which i know is by preference but i am just curious as to which is better for the role of the seeker. b:laughb:thanks
Post edited by FL_CL - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    single because the r9 weap is a single blade
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Whichever has the better stats.....

That's like asking if a mage should always use a glaive and nothing else, or use a wand and nothing else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well for dmg duel would be ideal, but all r8 r9 are single, and they are huge claymores that look so sexy, and duel weapon looks kinda messy n weird. and seeker is no aps char so tha **** with .91 or 1.11 its useless.
  • VelvetKiller - Lost City
    VelvetKiller - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I would choose dual for most of the time, because Seekers shouldn't bother themselves with APS and Signle > Dual in terms of APS, Dual > Single in terms of Damage Per Hit. Sadly, as it has been said before, the best weapons for Seeker are only in Single version.
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well for dmg duel would be ideal, but all r8 r9 are single, and they are huge claymores that look so sexy, and duel weapon looks kinda messy n weird. and seeker is no aps char so tha **** with .91 or 1.11 its useless.

Dualswords ftw!

Back: http://i52.tinypic.com/15mibeb.jpg
    Front: http://i54.tinypic.com/equn12.jpg
  • ChloeAgave - Archosaur
    ChloeAgave - Archosaur Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone else find it to be extremely sad someone has a level 100 Seeker already?
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I say single. The different stances are dependent on chance to inflict a status effect and the faster attack speed of single swords/blades would increase the chance of that happening. For normal grinding purposes it won't make a noticeable difference but it should help on any boss that you and your squad can't completely curbstomp.

Besides, single swords are sexier.

And as Rawgh said, whichever has better stats.
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone else find it to be extremely sad someone has a level 100 Seeker already?

No .
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Not at all.
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Hypers ftw!

I bet those seekers use vortex to kill one or two mobs at time... LMAO
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Dual Swords. TT/leg or manufactured(3*).
  • Hakaigoki - Heavens Tear
    Hakaigoki - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Okay...what the heck is your equip show it on Pwcalc xD
    I founded some good builds by experimenting, but with a red name, i guess she own in pvp lol
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011

it looks like a giant pair of scissors.

but your char is cute as hell.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    I find it extremely sad you're so jealous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Drigan - Raging Tide
    Drigan - Raging Tide Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2011

People with a lvl 100 seeker will be the first people to experiment wat works and wat doesnt, i'd rather applaud them because we can just learn from them and not make the mistakes they made for not knowing any better. b:pleased
  • VinnieZ - Raging Tide
    VinnieZ - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011

If striving to be the best the fastest is sad then life is sad

Single sword/blade look much better on a seeker as the stances only lights up one sword n not the other.. It's all bout the looks yo .. haha
  • ChloeAgave - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    I find it extremely sad you're so jealous.

I find it extremely sad how you assume so much, yet know so little about me. I'm not jealous, I just don't get what the point is. Yes, lets all rush to end-game where there is nothing to do except TW! I suppose we could count the new 40v40 PvP event, but no, that as far as we know hasn't even been implemented yet. I'd understand if there was actually plenty to do at level 100, but there really isn't, not to mention there aren't even any Demon/Sage skills, let alone the sparks.

As for me, I enjoy the actual leveling experience itself, so I would be jealous if I were level 100 already and missed out on it. Sorry, Rawrgh, this is one thing you are wrong about. Though I appluad your attempt.b:chuckle

@VinnieZ: Getting to level 100 doesn't make you the best. If it did, then it would appear a certain level 105 Assassin (Kitamura) is the best player on this entire game (for this version anyways).
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    If you didn't get what the point is you would either not respond or simply ask. Your response shows contempt for those who have things that you do not, i.e jealousy.

BTW, there's easily 10x more endgame content than there is early game. The "leveling experience" consists of doing the same thing over and over again x 1000. All the mobs are pretty much the same, all the quests are the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChloeAgave - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    If you didn't get what the point is you would either not respond or simply ask. Your response shows contempt for those who have things that you do not, i.e jealousy.

BTW, there's easily 10x more endgame content than there is early game. The "leveling experience" consists of doing the same thing over and over again x 1000. All the mobs are pretty much the same, all the quests are the same.

Oh please explain the point to me then, Guru Master Rawrgh.

Here is how I see it. A person who can get to 100 is less than two weeks obviously either has a lot of coin, or has the ability to get a lot of coin in a short time (cash shopper). Since this person likes to obviously rush to get to 100, and has a lot of coin, this person is not likely to want to farm all the mats for his/her gear, so that takes out the majority, if not all of the TT experience with Seeker. I very much doubt if this person did any BH's at all, so that takes out that little bit of experience, and this person didn't exactly do weekly events on a consistent basis I'm going to bet. So, what I am seeing is this person did FC and cultivations until level 100, and that is it.

Now, what is left for this person to do? Well, sure he/she can go and do TT runs, but most runs will be below his/her level, and not that much of a challenge. Nirvana is a good possibility too, but for what purpose since this person obviously has end-game gear (and if he/she doesn't, I'll seriously LMAO). He/she could FC more, but why bother now unless the purpose is to get to 105? At this point, all I see left is PvP/TW, but now there is little challenge left with end-game gear.

I'm not jealous of that. Part of the leveling process will be farming my gears like I have on all of my characters, and making this character self-sufficient like they all are, as well as doing BH (which since Secret Frostcovered Grounds is my favorite dungeon will make the 6x levels very enjoyable). Envy is not an issue. So, please then answer, aside from PvP, what is the point of rushing to level 100? Especially since these classes are, as you yourself have said (or at least implied), half finished.

Edit: I know you might probably think I was mocking you with that first sentence. Just note, it was a joke.
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2011

No, no and and No

His a lvl 101 Barb, he more than likely has 2-3 lvl 95+ toons, in my faction lmost every 100player has 2-3 characters that are 100 or almost 100.
    Its not disturbing because ican see he has a 100 barb, whitch means he knows how to play, so really, Its quite good that he has a lvl 100 seeker already, because he has some tanking experience with getting a 101 barb, he can apply that to his seeker, (im amusing he is a him, i may be wrong, if i am i apologize) and tell us how the seekere stands up as a tank compaird to a Barb, def lvl agro etc wise, and asuming he also has a 100+- BM Archer or Sin can also give us some form of understanding of how it stands up as a DD,

its not disturbing, its good
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011

That's all nice and quite good for you, but please post why one should choose dual swords over single swords or vise versa.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That's all nice and quite good for you, but please post why one should choose dual swords over single swords or vise versa.

If you compare different types of swords of the same level range, you'll see that dual blades have higher average damage while at lower attack speed. Since Seekers mainly skill spam, the normal attack speed of the weapon won't matter. Your skills will still take the same amount of time to cast with single or dual swords, but you'll do more damage with dual.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Oh please explain the point to me then, Guru Master Rawrgh.

Here is how I see it. A person who can get to 100 is less than two weeks obviously either has a lot of coin, or has the ability to get a lot of coin in a short time (cash shopper). Since this person likes to obviously rush to get to 100, and has a lot of coin, this person is not likely to want to farm all the mats for his/her gear, so that takes out the majority, if not all of the TT experience with Seeker. I very much doubt if this person did any BH's at all, so that takes out that little bit of experience, and this person didn't exactly do weekly events on a consistent basis I'm going to bet. So, what I am seeing is this person did FC and cultivations until level 100, and that is it.

Now, what is left for this person to do? Well, sure he/she can go and do TT runs, but most runs will be below his/her level, and not that much of a challenge. Nirvana is a good possibility too, but for what purpose since this person obviously has end-game gear (and if he/she doesn't, I'll seriously LMAO). He/she could FC more, but why bother now unless the purpose is to get to 105? At this point, all I see left is PvP/TW, but now there is little challenge left with end-game gear.

I'm not jealous of that. Part of the leveling process will be farming my gears like I have on all of my characters, and making this character self-sufficient like they all are, as well as doing BH (which since Secret Frostcovered Grounds is my favorite dungeon will make the 6x levels very enjoyable). Envy is not an issue. So, please then answer, aside from PvP, what is the point of rushing to level 100? Especially since these classes are, as you yourself have said (or at least implied), half finished.

Edit: I know you might probably think I was mocking you with that first sentence. Just note, it was a joke.
    Answer me this, what exactly is there to do before endgame.

Questing?

Kill 50 mobs

Kill another 50 mobs

Kill another 50 mobs

Kill a boss

thx here's 1/10th of a mirage and 0.2% xp.

Grinding:

Kill a mob

repeat 10000 times

All the small amount of content in this game is at 100+

Nirvana and TT for farming coins. Because you never have perfect gears.

Weekly events are only decent at endgame. Pre-endgame they're a joke, "oh look I got 120th place in my class at celestial tiger and got a sadness card"

And go into dragon temple as a level 60 and see how many rare pet scrolls you get.

CoA is gonna take you the entire hour to kill 2 mobs.

Tournament is a ghost town until 90+

There's TW, and PKing.

Trophy mode

A small amount of variety in BHs, unlike lower levels.

Farming Warsong

I can tell by your post you probably don't even have a single character at endgame.

Oh, and endgame is where you start working on your endgame gears, not where you automatically have them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    "oh look I got 120th place in my class at celestial tiger and got a sadness card"

b:laugh
  • Fumidzuki - Sanctuary
    Fumidzuki - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011

i did but for some reason forum keeps saying an error so yeah i left it like that.. dualblades/sword is better when launching your ultimate skills, simple blade/swords are better in building up ur chi in preparation for your ultis since they hit faster.. its just a matter of what is ur playing style.. i mainly use the dual swords for gemini slash and yataghan..
  • AegisGray - Heavens Tear
    AegisGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *shrugs* Personal Preference. If you don't want to choose: carry both.

Duel for Skill Spamming (higher damage per hit)

Single for HPS

Use the Duel Swords when your spamming your skills. Channeling time will be the same no matter what sword type you use. When/if you run out of mana switch to the Single sword. Easily done by hot keying both weapons.

Single (like a previous poster mentioned) is best when its necessary to get your Stance Status added to the target for your added skill affects.

Me *shrugs* I like Duel but carry a Single. Both work well depending on what I need.
    Finding Solutions to many of your problems starts by looking in the mirror and accepting a small measure of responsibility
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Those swords are absolutely smexy... just too bad it looks like they're attached to your *** b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • VinnieZ - Raging Tide
    VinnieZ - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I find it extremely sad how you assume so much, yet know so little about me. I'm not jealous, I just don't get what the point is. Yes, lets all rush to end-game where there is nothing to do except TW! I suppose we could count the new 40v40 PvP event, but no, that as far as we know hasn't even been implemented yet. I'd understand if there was actually plenty to do at level 100, but there really isn't, not to mention there aren't even any Demon/Sage skills, let alone the sparks.

As for me, I enjoy the actual leveling experience itself, so I would be jealous if I were level 100 already and missed out on it. Sorry, Rawrgh, this is one thing you are wrong about. Though I appluad your attempt.b:chuckle

@VinnieZ: Getting to level 100 doesn't make you the best. If it did, then it would appear a certain level 105 Assassin (Kitamura) is the best player on this entire game (for this version anyways).

Well considering the fact that the best gears and equipments are attainable at higher lvls.. Rank 9 or 8 or tt99 or so I'd say getting to 100 as fast possible is a good thing.. That lvl 105 assasin can see everyone when none can see him on stealth... Isnt dat a kewl advantage? U can get to lvl 100 n not be the best but u can never call urself best wearin tt80 can u? Dat is what I'm implying... Theres a reason why some of the best players out there is at least 100... And at higher lvl u get to access higher lvl instances and then u can test out more of your skills in different instances against different challenges and mobs.. Eg. Nirvana.. Eg. Tt3-3 eg. Lunar trophy mode.. I find this a good way to learn my seeker class... And at this stage.. Everyone is at a high lvl so even in pvp u learn a lot vs high lvl players with more experience playin their own class.. At. The end of the day high lvl content is where players wanna be and gettin there asap would allow u to explore n test that out faster.. U can be more experienced n knowledge faster.. Plus end game content is so much more fun.. I don't get how this is sad at all