Heart Shatter not working as described?

Options
Kuyton - Dreamweaver
Kuyton - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
So my seeker has level 9 heart shatter, as it was a damage increasing debuff, and to my understanding of how irs worded, worked in a smiilar way to Hf/extreme posion/subsea strike.

By that i mean it increase damage dealt by a percentage.

the skill reads, as levle 9, that "it loweres the resistnaces of physical and metal. Any metal or physical damage recived is increase by 28 %."

my understanding was not that it lowered the resistance by 28%, thus giving not as much damage increase. it says it purely increases damage by 28%.

So on with my problem. i was testing it on a mob, bare handed. 604 damage, constantly. i cast my level 9 skill... 604 damage still. not 28% more, or even any more.

Can anyone explain this skill to me? does it only work with skills? does it only work with weapon equipped?
Post edited by Kuyton - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it is actully a debuff the lowers the metal resistance and physical resistance of the target.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yeah but wouldnt that mean i would do more damage with it on still? as in i shouldnt punch the mob for the same damage with it than without it?
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yeah but wouldnt that mean i would do more damage with it on still? as in i shouldnt punch the mob for the same damage with it than without it?

If the monster has no resistances, then a 28% reduction in resistances means they still have no resistances.

If you take a character into city of abominations, the bosses there have no resistances, and debuffing their resistances makes no difference in the damage you deal.

And PWI has sometimes had some notoriously bad translators working for them. Some translations that we have even on skills for old classes (like archer) could only have been written by someone that did not understand english, did not understand the original language or maybe they had problems understanding both.
  • Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ok that makes sense. they mean it lowers the resistances by 28%, not increase damage by 28% for my particular level. I didnt know some mobs has 0 resistance though. Skill does not seem useful as I first thought it would be.

EDIT: checked PWI database and the mob i tested on does have physical resistance, so it should have made some diference? even if useless difference of 1 damage, it should still show some increase, right?
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you check here
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage

you can see that -% resiatnce modifes the targets def valued used in the resiatnce eq while amplify is just straight by that 100+ that %
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you check here
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage

you can see that -% resiatnce modifes the targets def valued used in the resiatnce eq while amplify is just straight by that 100+ that %

thanks, but i know the difference between that part sorry. it may help me explain:

the descriptions makes it read like a straight up amp.(any metal or physical damage recived is increased by xx%) it does not mention it loweres resistances by xx%, only that it lowers them.

someone in thread explained its described wrong, and should be a -resistance.

here are some numbers i just got:

mob: clam scout
    Physical Defence

Magic Defence

Metal: 2010

Wood: 2010

Water: 3266

Fire: 2010

Earth: 1173

i hit it for 484 damage with no wep on regarldess of if the shatter is cast or not. 484 not debuffed, 484 when its debuffed with level 9 shatter.

regarldess of if the debuff is worded wrong or not, it should see a difference in damage still. its worded like its an amp, but maybe its a -res, either way its not making any more damage.
  • silentq
    silentq Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Because it only affects physical skills.
    Normal attacks are not affected.
  • Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    thanks silent. thats really not as good as i first thought though.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    silentq wrote: »
    Because it only affects physical skills.
    Normal attacks are not affected.

normal attacks are physical. and heart shatter does work.

i think the problem your having the the wide range of damage being done makes it hard to dectect small increases in damage.

i have demon devour. and that lowers the target's defense by 50% for 15 sec
    but even with that, unless i demon spark its still hard to notice the damage difference because of the damage range by about 5k from a low damage hit to a high damage hit

damage amp are MUCH more noticeable than lowering thier defenses

but rest assured its working
  • Lyceus - Lost City
    Lyceus - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I tested this briefly with level 1 NPC dual swords on the Qingfus outside of City of the Lost. It is an amp, not a defense debuff, and it only works on skills, not normal attacks. Just for kicks, I also tested it with sparked normal attacks, those don't get the amp either. Which means seekers are kind of useless to a 5 aps Nirvana squad unless someone wants one for the Northern Sky stance debuff, which seems kind of unlikely. You can still spin around to your heart's content in GV and other instances where AoE power is need though.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And here I was thinking that skill would make seekers viable in Nirvana/TT squads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And here I was thinking that skill would make seekers viable in Nirvana/TT squads.

yeah that was exactly why i was liking the skill based on the description, it was is a pure amp as descibed, if used together with the northern eye stance for -20 def levels too it would make a viable damage amping class whilst still being able to DD. now what? sucks.

also in reply to:

''i think the problem your having the the wide range of damage being done makes it hard to dectect small increases in damage.''

i was using no weapon at all to make the damge have no variable, so it gave the same number constantly. which was the 484 number, no variable. true though it was hard to make the test with the wide range damage of sword which was why i tested it with no weapon.
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i dident bother to read every reply u got but i know the aweser,

yes mob should take more dammage,

but the debuff onely is put in effect if you use dammage skills, auto attacks are not boosted in damage.
  • ChloeAgave - Archosaur
    ChloeAgave - Archosaur Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, that is rather disappointing. Here I was hoping I could take my Seeker on 5 APS runs when I got it up there. Well, guess I'm just gonna have to find a squad full of Wizards and give them their debuff.
  • Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yes i got my answer, thanks.

It only amps skills. The skill desciption is wrong. but the debuff icon reads correct on the mob.

and yeah now we only have our -def levels to amp damage, but still that can total - 30 def levels is you swap stances during fights. disspaointing still it does not work as i hoped.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

you only purge once #yopo
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Haha. Our strength is in our skills anyway. APS just spam normal attacks. Of course it will do nothing for them.

Even then we'd still have no place amongst them.
  • Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah seekers strength is in skills, but other preferable DDs are not in skills, they are in APS. so it will possibly just make it harder to get in APS squads now we cant amp another 30% for them.
  • Kisame_H - Sanctuary
    Kisame_H - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I really wish this is a bug, so they can fix it(lol)... I really wanted the 30% amp for aps too >.>
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I really wish this is a bug, so they can fix it(lol)

Keyword: lol.
  • Patriialt - Dreamweaver
    Patriialt - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you read at the bottom of the heart shatter skill it says "can not be bound as primary attack" or something similar, i am thinking it's a mistranslation meaning that it doesn't affect your primary attack (auto attack)

just some speculated food for thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you read at the bottom of the heart shatter skill it says "can not be bound as primary attack" or something similar, i am thinking it's a mistranslation meaning that it doesn't affect your primary attack (auto attack)

just some speculated food for thought.

you know your probably right! nice observation b:victory
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    did this make potatohead quit >.>?

uh, well if you combine this buff with a Psychic, it might make them a viable DD?
    since they are the highest dps casters
    i like potato
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Still wont even come close to a 5 aps DD, perm spark > any debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If stuff dies in a single spark, then maybe :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.