FATAL BUG: daylight saving switch deregistered all previously reserved weddings!

richie85
richie85 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Support Desk
[seen on server: Heaven's Tear]

I'm surprised nobody reported this yet, but maybe I'm just blind.

With the daylight saving switch on the Heaven Tear's server ALL WEDDING REGISTRATIONS WERE LOST and the existing reservations/invitations display a time that isn't even available in the Wedding Registry window.

Since some days past by already it's probably even impossible to restore the dates because that would lead to overlapping/duplicate wedding dates since all slots were freed and some of them rereserved by other people.

It would be nice if you'd find a way to give the people affected another chance to register and to get their invitations or the money they paid for them back!

please also read
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12464911&postcount=68
(more details about a wedding that failed because of that bug and a wedding that would had been today, or maybe will be if you can fix it)
and
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1033841
(failed wedding, probably related)
since those people seem to be affected by the bug.

Thank you in advance!
So far it has been 4.7 mill down the drain. + the fact that wedding packs include a ceremony we have not received.
Post edited by richie85 on

Comments

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I thin this happened to one of my friends as well. I went to his wedding at 18:00 server time like it said, no one could go in cause it said "wedding not started". So we waited an hour thinking daylight savings time might've pushed it back, but I guess it deleted the entire thing. :/ I just told him to sumbit a ticket. Hopefully everyone will get another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    it is hardly a "fatal" bug - that would be something that prevents the game from running at all.

however it does suck if your reservation is gone. best solution would be to raise a ticket with your details and ask support to assist. Not a lot of GM activity on the boards at the weekend so while you wait it won't hurt your chances to raise a ticket also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • richie85
    richie85 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    it is hardly a "fatal" bug - that would be something that prevents the game from running at all.
    From a technically point of view that's absolutely true.
    But as the bug destroyed significant money/coin sums of several customers as well as making a lot of organizational work useless I do consider it fatal.
    A program that does that to customers isn't exactly better than a program that doesn't start at all IMO ;D

Thanks for your advice though, I've been told that tickets were sent by some of the affected players already.
  • X_Punisher_x - Dreamweaver
    X_Punisher_x - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    richie85 wrote: »
    [seen on server: Heaven's Tear]

I'm surprised nobody reported this yet, but maybe I'm just blind.

With the daylight saving switch on the Heaven Tear's server ALL WEDDING REGISTRATIONS WERE LOST and the existing reservations/invitations display a time that isn't even available in the Wedding Registry window.

Since some days past by already it's probably even impossible to restore the dates because that would lead to overlapping/duplicate wedding dates since all slots were freed and some of them rereserved by other people.

It would be nice if you'd find a way to give the people affected another chance to register and to get their invitations or the money they paid for them back!

please also read
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12464911&postcount=68
    (more details about a wedding that failed because of that bug and a wedding that would had been today, or maybe will be if you can fix it)
    and
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1033841
    (failed wedding, probably related)
    since those people seem to be affected by the bug.

Thank you in advance!

it happened on dreamweaver to. so most likely all servers. reservations were whiped. pwi is working on it. send in your info in a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Never Surrender