Basic squad formation procedure?

Thieatha - Sanctuary
Thieatha - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello. I've been going mostly solo until now, but now I'm getting to the point where intentionally forming squads and/or asking for help from others is rather necessary to complete many quests.

What's the basic procedure for getting into a squad for dungeon and/or boss runs?
Also, is there something I can/should do in return for higher level people who decide to be nice and include me with others when they're taking care of a dungeon or a boss?

I read up on it as much as I could find, but if there are any pertinent suggestions, I'd be very glad to hear them. :)
Forgive my ignorance. I started a while back, massively messed up my main, and quit.
I've only recently re-started. >.>;
Yay for friends dragging me back into the game. b:cool
Gotta love meddling friends.
Post edited by Thieatha - Sanctuary on

Comments

• xtvo23x
    xtvo23x Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I had this problem too when I was near your level. For your BH29 quests (in which you have to kill Qingzi) the best thing to do is to stand in secret passage and say "LF BH29 squad" until somebody invites you. A general rule for all other BHs is to stand in the middle of Archosaur, near Head Hunter and shout "LF BH39/51/59/etc." until you get a squad.

Finding squads for bosses that aren't for BH are a bit harder, since not as many people do them. If you go to where the boss is and there's people there already killing it, you can go ahead and ask them if you can join. To find a squad yourself, you can either ask for help in world chat or just ask in normal chat in Archosaur where there's lots of people who might answer. I've found that this is a lot harder than just finding BH squads though. x.x

When the squad finishes the dungeon or boss, all you really have to do is thank everyone for their help. Same goes for high level players who do it for you. There's no reason to pay anyone for their help or anything, unless you really want to.

Hope that helped ^_^
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's easier to find squads if you're in a faction or have a well-stocked Friends list. Nowadays, it's harder to find low/mid level factions, since a good chunk of players are high levels or alts, but they do exist. Whenever you get help from a higher level, ask if their faction accepts members your level. You'll get a positive response as often as not, especially if you're active.

A well-stocked Friends' list helps too. Whenever you squad with randoms (strangers, essentially), and you find yourself having a good experience with them, Friend them! That way, next time you need a boss, they'll just be a pm away. And if they're near your level, they might need it too!

Other ways to get squads are to just hang out near the boss or quest npc, depending on the type of quest. As was mentioned, BH squads are usually put together near the NPC... whereas a squad for Krisixx Adalwolf Lord (sp?) can usually be found just by standing in front of him for a while.

And yeah, higher levels help lower levels just to be nice, so the only repayment necessary is a simple "thank you". We like the warm fuzzy feeling, and simply hope that you'll return the favor to those lower than you someday. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • BabaORiley - Dreamweaver
    BabaORiley - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    xtvo23x wrote: »
    stand in the middle of Archosaur, near Head Hunter and shout "LF BH39/51/59/etc." until you get a squad.

"Shout" is this just a figure of speech? Does this mean to simply say your message in Common Chat or is there an actual way to "shout" it?

I ask because in another MMORPG there is a difference between regular Common Area Chat speech and shouting in Common Area Chat by using an extra command, so I am wondering if it's like that in PW.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The exodus is here
    The happy ones are near
    BabaORiley
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's a normal message in common chat and sometimes trade or world chat ^^
    there's not something like a shout :P so yes, it's a figure of speech. (:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3