Dear Frankieraye: Pet Commands

Options
booker224
booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Venomancer
After playing with the new expansion for a couple of weeks now, I need you to do us a huge favour and find out which dev hates venos and clerics. Or do they just hate players in general?

Venos have asked to have their pet skills and/or commands movable into a quick slot (hotkeys). Which we both know never has been done. So by virtue of the game mechanics, when you have your pet set to manual command you need to click on the command icon you wish to activate it's actions. So what did the devs do with Genies?

Some one came up with the idiotic idea that venos would just love to have their pet command icons reduce in size, by half, causing a whole mess of miss-cues, suicides and squad wipes because we couldn't hit the proper icon dead on with the curser. The pet skills, some of which have to be triggered manually, specially on legendary pets, have been reduced in size by one quarter.

On top of that, the devs reduce the size of all other skill icons by one quarter, skill buff icons on a player's stat bars (when in squad) by half, making it hard for those of us with poorer eye sight to see what buffs need refreshing. Lastly, the skill icon effect on mobs are reduce by three quarters their size making it very harder to see what effects have timed out.

So, what have these devs got against us? Why the reduction in icon sizes, specially on the pet commands? I can live with the reduce command size if we were allowed to "hotkey" pet commands and skills we need to use regularly. If not could you get them somehow to return at least the veno pet command bar to it's original size please? You sure can tell that some devs never play the game or never have never levelled a veno and their pets up from 1 to 100 while engaging in PvE or PvP. If they did they would have never have come up with this ridiculous reduction in size of the pet command bar icon size.
Post edited by booker224 on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just throwing this out there in case you didn't realize it, but you CAN assign pet attacks to certain keys through the hotkey menu (k). You can't drag the command, but you can reroute it. If you don't like the look of a blank hotkey, or want a way to differentiate between certain attacks, you can just create a blank macro and put it in.

No comment on the size changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What Dyskrasia said. Press k to see the hotkey menu, and from there you can remap all hotkeys. My own hotkeys are extensively customized, and yes, I can send my pet to attack at the mere push of a button. b:pleased No clumsy clicking for me.

So try it. It may take some experimentation to find a configuration that is comfortable for you, but you'll work it out sooner or later.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    however, we can't rebind pet "stay" / "follow" mode, or attack / defend / manual mode, to any keys at all. i'd like at least the former two, myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, a bigass ditto on desiring to bind 'manual' 'auto' and 'follow me' to keys. (And halt and guard I guess, but I use them less often)
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pet skills have always been assigned to keys (Alt+ 1-5: Alt+1 for normal attack, Alt+2 for first skill slot and so on).
    And as others mentioned before, since there is the hotkey menu, u can reassign.

And as u don't switch "manual", "defense" or "attack" all the time, it shouldn't be too much of a problem that u have to click those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Don't set very often - but they are VERY small.

But 'follow me' I do use frequently. Halt less so, and attack is already on alt-1; but 'follow me' I use a lot.
  • booker224
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks about the Hotkey info never noticed it for pets. Now can't customize them, always get a message:

"This key has been persevered by game system. Please chose another"

Doesn't matter what character i try to reset hotkeys on same message.
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When you have the hotkey menu open, make sure you have highlighted the command you want to remap. Just click on it on the menu, and it should highlight. Then press the key you want to remap to. The only reason I can think of that it would not work is that you failed to highlight the right item, or tried to use a locked character (I believe Y and N are locked, as they are bound to accept/deny requests).

Some hotkeys are permanent, but most, including the pet commands, CAN be remapped.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • booker224
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Happens on all my pc characters, all highlighted keykeys, on 2 servers. Every time they add an expansion nothing works the same as it did before.

I can't even change my previous settings.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.