Freeze Up + Black Screen

Options
Construction - Dreamweaver
Construction - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Support Desk
well..as im playing the game every couple minutes i would freeze up for liek a minute then when i click i black screen. my whole computer freezes up any idea how to fix this?
Post edited by Construction - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    Kuddadar - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    well..as im playing the game every couple minutes i would freeze up for liek a minute then when i click i black screen. my whole computer freezes up any idea how to fix this?

I have the same problem too on my fastest computer and good graphics card too running on Windows 7. My slower computer running right next to it doesn't have the same problem. They are both hard wired to the same router going to your PWI server.

When my fast computer freezes up, I can see my character stop from the slower computer, then luckily it comes back to continue playing.

Any ideas where we could look to fix this problem? Thanks!
  • Mary_Tima - Raging Tide
    Mary_Tima - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have this same problem but on my slower PC, I can log in, and select char. but 10-20 seconds into the game, the PC just freezes up and reboots.

of course i was able to play before update.

I had a memory chip go bad a month ago, but could still play with 512mb lol
    gonna put in another 1gb. not gonna do much upgrades on this PC, my main
    is the "good" one.

anyway I am going to try and do windows update, video card driver re-install, and a defrag, and see what happens.

I already did a verify, and virus scans,.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: A32G
    System Model: A32GV11C
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    Page File: 371MB used, 1260MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
  • netoperusnovo
    netoperusnovo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Check if your computer is overheating. There should be a hardware monitor somewhere if you enter BIOS, or you can try software monitors:
    http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=hardware+monitor&platformSelect=Windows&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows&filter=platform%3DWindows
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    Kuddadar - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Check if your computer is overheating. There should be a hardware monitor somewhere if you enter BIOS, or you can try software monitors:
    http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=hardware+monitor&platformSelect=Windows&tag=srch&searchtype=downloads&fil
    terName=platform%3DWindows&filter=platform%3DWindows

Checked that. CPU board monitoring utility displayed the CPU, PS & Case temperature are running in the cool range. No where near any over temp warnings at all.
  • razorsedge02
    razorsedge02 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've had the same thing go on with my game. I would begin to create my character then my screen would go black and my computer would freeze. I'd REALLY like to play this game but right now I can't :(. Please help!!
  • nanamango
    nanamango Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Please submit this issue in a ticket to Tech Support! Be sure to include your system's dxdiag and any supporting screenshots that might help the Techies better understand your situation. Thanks!

b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks
  • razorsedge02
    razorsedge02 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I sent a ticket on Sunday evening, but I've not receieved anything from them. By the way, how do I send a dxdiag? I've never had a game do like this one is to me. Thanks for any help.
  • Hukaisha - Sanctuary
    Hukaisha - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem. Everytime I try to log in to sanctuary, the screen goes black, but I can still move the mouse pointer and all. In a couple of seconds, everything just freezes up. here's my dxdiag.

Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_02381028&REV_02
    Display Memory: 286 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 286 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Driver Name: igdumd32.dll
    Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1409 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 1/2/2008 20:48:34, 2580480 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6A82-11CF-1976-3222A3C2CA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x8086
    Device ID: 0x29C2
    SubSys ID: 0x02381028
    Revision ID: 0x0002
    Revision ID: 0x0002
  • VaikasH/ - Sanctuary4
    VaikasH/ - Sanctuary4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I am too facing the same problem and this occurs during the weekend for the past two weeks b:cry
    I do not receive any message that i have been dced, but when i move around everything becomes empty and i am not able to use skills too b:shocked
    My network seems to be working fine with other games b:angry
  • xeloth
    xeloth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i've got the exact same problem after playing for 10-15 sec the screen becomes blank no new monsters appear and i cant use any powers but i can move around. I NEED AN ANSWER FAST ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
  • evilseth210
    evilseth210 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Same problem here, freezing when entering places with people for like 10 seconds or so, then it comes back and freezes again after couple seconds, it started to happen since the last 2 updates. Cant do TW like this b:cry It is really annoying me because others games that requires better performance run perfectly.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    First restart your computers and network hardware. Seriously, do it first. Wait. b:surrender

Welcome back! b:victoryNow run Verify on the game launcher menu. After that completes see if you have the same problems.

If you do have the same problems, please send in a ticket to Tech Support with the following information so we can try to figure this out for you. We need you to send us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can do our best to help you.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • evilseth210
    evilseth210 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Just to let you guys know, verify worked for me. Thanks a lot b:pleased