Major Disconnect on the East Coast Servers

grimreaperhc
grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

I`m sorry for the delayed thread, but I was on a meeting and I wasn't able to check out the forums. I saw that the servers located on the East Coast ( Dreamweaver, Harshlands, Raging Tides ) are lagging and disconnecting players massively.

I can assure you that the GMs are aware of the this and they are already working to fix it. If there are any other complaints, please post them here.

Thanks.
Post edited by grimreaperhc on

Comments

• Ice_To_Ashes - Raging Tide
    Ice_To_Ashes - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    GOGO GM Fix it good
  • Blazina - Dreamweaver
    Blazina - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well that is good to hear I hope they fix all the East Coat Severs so we do not lag so much and get disconnecting b:shocked
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Grim its Complaints not Complains =P
  • INexperience - Raging Tide
    INexperience - Raging Tide Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    2x drops will make me forget all of these.
  • grimreaperhc
    edited March 2011
    Grim its Complaints not Complains =P

Jeez, thanks. b:victory
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Grim it's in a meeting not on a meeting =P
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Grim read my post in that recent thread. It's not jsut the east coast servers. At least it wasn't two days ago. Game was freezing up like hell that day for everyone on HT that I talked to (EVERYONE in my faction at least, and some randoms i ran into). Although it seems fine today....
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Jeez, thanks. b:victory

Np =D >.> Say can I have your Scythe =D
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How bout a Replace ment Charm ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimreaperhc
    edited March 2011
    Grim read my post in that recent thread. It's not jsut the east coast servers. At least it wasn't two days ago. Game was freezing up like hell that day for everyone on HT that I talked to (EVERYONE in my faction at least, and some randoms i ran into). Although it seems fine today....

Could you please link the post as well give some more details about it ? There are a few 'recent' threads and they are all over 5 pages b:shocked
    Np =D >.> Say can I have your Scythe =D

Nop. Sorry. :<
  • liamhallett86#4514
    liamhallett86#4514 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    since i did bh sot i want my wines returned:s b:angry
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    uh atm Grim it's like 3 threads down from this....... rofl but hold on I'll quote myself from the next to recent thread (lol) that's prolyl on page 5 or something... but like i said in the RECENT thread, this was a couple days ago and it's been fine since... idk....

This is the older thread that's on page 4 atm.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1030181

Here's my post where i backstep and admit something's going on and it's not us lol :
    ermmmm ok this is the person always saying it's not the servers, i never lag... ever.... yada yada yada..... LOL i retract that for NOW. For the first time EVER on here i'm lagging like a b****h...... Been on my mystic all morning doing quests...... I'd say 50 times (and that's prolly a understatement) the game froze up for a sec to even 10 seconds while fighting. Hell it even did it while i was trying ot kill Jumang for the Divine Contract. And I was ALONE. PWI..... me thinks it's time to upgrade/test the servers (and equip like ram, maybe some sticks went bad?)......

Edit: ya i just loaded 15 different sites.... tried another game..... ran speed tests on 3 different sites, multiple times all over the planet, including to Los Angeles (i'm in FL). My connection and everything between was steady and full speed.... so... idk

EDIT 2: holy ****..... this is a first. I was just FLYING..... and bug report... game crashed.... >.<

Edit 3: jesus... i just fought shade eido...... and did NOTHIGN but hold down pet heal (on mystic), cause the GAME froze halfway through the fight till Eido was dead...... EVERY other online game i have on here.... web pages... everythings fine (cept THESE forums "freeze up" and dont' laod completely quite a bit lately) except THIS game. I've never seen anythign like this before except when i was on dialup at grandma's lol..... but I'm at home on 18mbs High speed. >.< PW has NEVER lagged like THIS, not since i first instaleld it like .. idk 2 years ago? Most I've ever had was the West Arch lag but that's kinda a given...
    bumping.... just to point out there really IS a problem this time. Mods, might wanna sticky this for a bit, try to see just how many peopel are having problems. And please dont' try to say it's on our end...... I havent' had a SINGLE problem in this game until now.

and well.. the recent thread (it says March 18th in the title) is still on page one... Like i point out in THAT one..... game's been fine after the day I posted my own quotes above. so....
  • grimreaperhc
    edited March 2011
    Yea, it seems that everything is fixed now. However, if more issues appear, please post here.

I guess that someone just spilled his coffee on the servers b:surrender ( Jeez, I`ll kill him because of the wasted coffee!)

And now when I mentioned coffee ... anyone up for a cup ? b:cute

EDIT : @ Chadric, Thanks dude!
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Well seems everyone posting in here is on East coast servers (I think, i dun really know which server's what)..... maybe they need a defrag or something lol......
  • ZodiarkE - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Could you please link the post as well give some more details about it ? There are a few 'recent' threads and they are all over 5 pages b:shocked

Nop. Sorry. :<

Awww what a drag. =P
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *snuggles on Grim*
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I guess that someone just spilled his coffee on the servers b:surrender ( Jeez, I`ll kill him because of the wasted coffee!)

And now when I mentioned coffee ... anyone up for a cup ? b:cute

I'm in...both for the killing AND another cup...maybe a few cups.....ZZZZZZZZZ b:laugh
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why is it always the east coast servers? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am currently disconnecting from PWI every 2-3 minutes. It has nothing to do with my connection. Im playing from Norway, my ping is fine: 200-400, and I have well over 100fps.

Any chance this can be looked into would be appreaciated, thanx.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys we're looking into this now, and I'll update you with more info as I can.
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys we're looking into this now, and I'll update you with more info as I can.

Thank you very much, hope it's something easily fixed b:thanks
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thank you very much, hope it's something easily fixed b:thanks

Balthier, how long ago exactly did you start experiencing the disconnects, and are they still occurring right now?
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ~2 hour 50 mins since it started with first Dc.
    dc'ed / gave huge lags spikes like 4-5 times in a period of uhm.. 15-20 mins? around that.

have not experienced any after this.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Balthier, how long ago exactly did you start experiencing the disconnects, and are they still occurring right now?

I would say around 15 minutes prior to posting my first post, before that I did not play for a couple of hours, but my last session then was around 40-50 mins and ended with a DC as well.

After around 5-6 dc's with 2-3 mins interval, I logged off and did a verification. I will log back in now and see if I will DC again. (I am not logging in on this account btw, I am logging in on my catshop since I wanted it up while I am studying for a few hours).

Edit: Yeah, I log in, stayed in-game for a little over 1 min (safety lock just got off), then disconnect.

Edit 2: Tried logging in with this account as well, no difference. Tested by staying in another location than Archosaur, still dc'ed in faction base :(
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I did some checking of my connection with streaming some videofiles, and it may be a problem on my side, cause it tended to stop buffering at uneven intervals b:sad

I will have to do some searching around for what this might be, but wanted to update you so you know the problem doesn't have to be at your end :)

Edit: Seems the problem was with my router, I have no difficulties now.
  • Jonest - Raging Tide
    Jonest - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ahhhhhh. it still laging like crazy i got 1400 ping and i turn on the best performance thing on tooo.

(no download)
  • Gregyr - Raging Tide
    Gregyr - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    4:16 pm Server time my characters don't appear at the selection screen. I'm hoping the server is still having problems.
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2011
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I haven't had many issues with dc'ing the past couple of days, but I was lagging like hell and was like "wth is going on here? is the hamster sick?"

My fiance on the other hand, did dc once, and was lagging worse than me. Now since he was semi-tanking a BH last night...it would have been disasterous. We're on the same connection, our computers literally next to each other.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    its happening again >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
This discussion has been closed.