Haressment and pk

Options
FallenSnow - Raging Tide
FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
ok well now i have a question to mods generally.

a friend of mine needed silver frost week ago and went to secret passage to do his quest. he got pk 5 times from same person even tho he said he is doing his quest there. he sent a ticket with screenshot and nothing happend. the person is still around and even scams now...

isnt it bannable to pk those who do their quests in secret passage? especially if they even SAY they need a quest there...?

if you say yes then why he got ignored? everytime i sent a ticket of harassement or scam i get an answer from support center "the issue will be solved blabla" and this at 5am server time when everyone according to mods/GMs is sleeping in US (and yes i asume its just a generated email for any kind of harassement so actually noone gives a ****).

actually..i dont expect an answer just wanted to spitfire!
retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
Post edited by FallenSnow - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Tell your friend to turn off PK mode?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    #1. Only bannable if it's a spiritual cultivation quest that they cannot complete due to being PKed repeatedly, and none of those quests are in SP.

#2. You're on RAGING TIDE. You see that button in the top right corner? The one that makes you go blue named?

Press it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    #1. Only bannable if it's a spiritual cultivation quest that they cannot complete due to being PKed repeatedly, and none of those quests are in SP.

Silver Frost is technically part of a culti chain since you have to go through all the chrono quests to get all four maps and your final fairy.

That aside, totally agree with #2 and since he's on a PvE server, he's able to complete it at any time via turning PK mode off.
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options

#2. You're on RAGING TIDE. You see that button in the top right corner? The one that makes you go blue named?

Press it.

1. its for the OHT key
    2. its not me and he had no 10hrs pk mode you smartass

next
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. OHT key is not for spiritual cultivation.

2. Then wait? dumbass

That rule is designed for PvP servers anyways. The whole point of it is to that players cant get repeatedly PKed when they don't want to participate in PvP.

But on PvE servers you choose to go white named. Could have stayed blue, but he didn't, he choose to be open to attacks by other players and should have known what to expect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. OHT key is not for spiritual cultivation.

2. Then wait? dumbass

OHT key is required for the golden quest which is spiritual culti later on and how the f*** should he wait if he got already a squad for it waiting and killing for him, idiot.

Edit: oh yeah i forgot maybe you rather support those gankers lvl101 aps who kill low lvls in SP who do their quest and even ASK nicely if they can stop? oh wait you maybe one of the scammers.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. That's a level 100 quest and if you're level 100 and unable to deal with someone trying to PK you then something is wrong.

2. "Sorry guys, I went into PK mode and I'm getting killed a lot, I can't do the boss now"

Edit: oh yeah i forgot maybe you rather support those gankers lvl101 aps who kill low lvls in SP who do their quest and even ASK nicely if they can stop? oh wait you maybe one of the scammers.

How is killing someone a scammer.

And, especially on a PvE server, the PKer has every right to kill someone in SP.

Doing BH? It's not mandatory, skip it for a day.

Doing low level quests? Skip them or save them for later.

Doing silverfrost? Save him for later.

It warns of the potential consequences of going white named when you choose to do so. It warns that you cannot switch back for another 10 hours. If you are white named then you choose to accept those consequences that anyone who is also in PK mode can attack you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    OHT key is required for the golden quest which is spiritual culti later on and how the f*** should he wait if he got already a squad for it waiting and killing for him, idiot.

Getting help for that boss is pretty easy. Just ask.

And waiting 10 hours to get out of pk mode isn't earth shatteringly grueling. General rule of thumb: Don't ****ing quest when you're white named on PvE servers. That's literally painting a bullseye on yourself.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its not lvl100 one, its a golden quest to get a key later one and you get it at lvl74-79. you have to talk to npc inside. and its not like every veno, cleric and whatever can a kill lvl100 bm with nirvana fists.

whatever...asking for help or complaining is i guess useless here. all you get is 0 support from those you expect actually the most.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    its not lvl100 one, its a golden quest to get a key later one and you get it at lvl74-79. you have to talk to npc inside. and its not like every veno, cleric and whatever can a kill lvl100 bm with nirvana fists.

whatever...asking for help or complaining is i guess useless here. all you get is 0 support from those you expect actually the most.
    Which is not a cultivation quest. You do not need access to past maps to complete cultivation until you are level 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if he had 10 hours of pk, hes red name, that makes him vulnerable, and, last time i checked, killing red names a free-for-all. QQmoar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if he had 10 hours of pk, hes red name, that makes him vulnerable, and, last time i checked, killing red names a free-for-all. QQmoar.

The 10 hour timer is for when you switch from blue to white.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Nah, he could be white. If you turn on PK mode, you can't turn back for 10 hrs on PvE server.

But as it was stated, he made the choice of going into pk mode. Whites on PvE server is like reds on PvP server, free game anywhere. If he can't quest or help with quest because he's getting hunted, that's his fault. Unlike players on PvP server, him getting PK'ed was a result of his choice, so the PK harassment rule doesn't really apply. Deal with it or stay blue.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Rising Tide server strikes again! I swear... b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You're on a PvE server, PK is a CHOICE that you CONSCIOUSLY make. If you flip that switch, you have to live with the consequences. QQing about it is just a waste of energy.

Here's my take on it. PvP is an aspect of the game.
    Because we are on a PvE server and PvP is not forced on us, it's a choice we have to consciously make when we are playing.
    This changes the aspect of PvP in my opinion, when comparing it to a full PvP server like Lost City.

● People will complain. I usually make it a point to knock them down a couple more times. Complaining for getting killed when you're in PvP mode on a PvE server is just stupid. (more than 2 or 3 times is a bit offensive though)

● If someone drops gear, I will typically return it. (While in town, for their safety)

● I have no problems with RPK, in fact, it's mostly what I do.

● I try to avoid the congested areas like Silver Pool and West arch simply because of lag-spikes. So this makes areas like SP and general quest areas a great battlefront.

● My favorite thing is to patrol areas where I usually quest and take on those near my level. Drop in out of the blue and start laying it on. Many don't really know how to deal with a cleric that starts whacking on them. =P (although with R8 and R9 this is becoming more difficult for me, LOL)

When I flip that switch to PK mode, my entire play attitude changes. It's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr, Hyde.
    One of my favorites was when i was in my 70's. A large group of level 30-40 individuals were hanging around Silver Pool PKing each other in one massive group. (Where the usual crowd was I have no idea.) I targeted one in the middle, hit Plume shell, landed and threw tempest. Like 11 people dropped all at once. What a rush. I just got back up and left. Didn't touch their gear, didn't pick off the remainders. Loved that, sure I was 20-30 levels higher than them.

PK isn't fair, that's the largest part of the thrill.
    I love the rush of having to watch everything around me because you never know what the next green dot on your map is going to do. I don't like it 24/7 which is why I am on a PvE server. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    In this thread, Carebears that tried to be manly and ended up bawwwing.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Nah, he could be white. If you turn on PK mode, you

oops, my bad. well i guess a white name is still partially vulnerable (to red names) on a PvE server though ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It has been directly stated by Frankie before that pk in Secret Passage is not allowed, regardless of server or circumstance.

Fuzzy is still searching for the post to quote it.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    PK mode on a PvE server is a Choice Duh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hudini - Harshlands
    Hudini - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it has been directly stated by the community that he is an idiot
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    It has been directly stated by Frankie before that pk in Secret Passage is not allowed, regardless of server or circumstance.

Horse****. As a moderator you need to find the quote first before you say such things, as you have a higher level of accountability.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    fiercerage wrote: »
    Horse****. As a moderator you need to find the quote first before you say such things, as you have a higher level of accountability.

He's right though, frankie did say that. Finding it though is not an easy task.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

o.o Really? Every time I go in there people are having crazy pk-fests in the main room. Now I could understand Frankie stating that it is now allowed for pk *griefing* to occur there, but it seems crazy to just disallow it in general. I don't remember ever reading that.

Well... this thread again. Unfortunately, as I said, Secret Passage is always a pk fest. And because of that, you have a whole group of pkers gathered in one area that you need to then run through to get to mobs/boss/whatever that you need... this becomes a problem when one of them (which is inevitable) is a jerk. Of course, like the others said, on a PvE server as you are, you should really just wait out the timer and get your boss afterwards; there is no reason not to do so. But at the same time, if you were being killed repeatedly by the *same* individual when specifically questing then you were being griefed and that isn't allowed. All you can do is ticket it like you did, and they are probably overloaded with tickets about Jones' Blessings and DQ rewards and glitches and who knows what else at the moment so it would likely take ages before you get anything other than the original automated response that always gets sent out when your ticket is received.

Good luck to you (or your friend) but seriously in the future, just don't go in there when you are white-named. It will save you a lot of frustration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • fiercerage
    edited March 2011
    Options
    He's right though, frankie did say that. Finding it though is not an easy task.

If frankie said that, then he should sticky it at the top of the PK forums then, because that is a (stupid) gamechanging rule.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy found what he was looking for, it can be found here

But basically, it reads:

The official rule:

Killing players in Secret Passage is not allowed, no matter what the circumstances are.

Does that answer the OP's question?
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    IMO, the fact that you can turn off PK in a PvE server, doesn't justify harassment. b:surrender
    Sure, it's a choice to go whitenamed on a PvE server. Going by that logic though, playing a PvP server is a choice as well. Doesn't mean you can harass every lvl 30+ out there and tell them to go to a PvE server.
    Well you can ofcourse, but it's still an offence if you don't let the player complete his quest by killing him over and over. Just like following someone around and one-shotting his targets.
    I believe a GM even said this applies to PvE servers as well, but it's better if one posted here since the other reply is probably buried somewhere unfindable.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Perhaps someone should tell some GMs to just hang out in the Secret Passage then... there would be a lot of banning going on. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    fiercerage wrote: »

Cause y'know, making a statement and then clarifying "I don't yet have the proof but I'm pretty sure" is a more outrageous crime than **** babies.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LOL I just found the same post Fuzzy.

Personally though, I can see how this would apply to a PvP server. But on a PvE server, really, you have the choice to PK or not, banning someone for killing in SP on a PvE server is just stupid. The person getting ganked didn't have to flip that switch.

If you get PK'ed on a PvE server, really, it's your own damn fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fiercerage
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy found what he was looking for, it can be found here

So he hides a made-up on the spot rule on the 13th page of a random thread buried in General Discussion which if acted upon could literally ban thousands of players?

If you're going to make up rules, please make an announcement and sticky.
This discussion has been closed.