A simple way to make seekers more effective

ReiMei - Lost City
ReiMei - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
So i've been reading threads of new classes and a lot of people are saying the classes are underpowered specially seekers compared to our last expansion new classes the uber fishes, so i went to ecatomb and started reading all the skills with detail... mystics dont seem any underpowered besides for fact they dont have a stun skill ( unless the pets have one but i couldnt look on those). Seekers on the other hand, having to depend on those debuffs to appear so they can stun/para is kinda like a demon veno's ironwood: a nice effect but hard to get and that makes them ineficient in pvp imo since all other classes can stun/para/ w/e with a skill itself and with more than 20% chance >__< and to top that, those nice debuffs to reduce pdef, metal def and such cannot be used on playersb:angry . So anyways i though that to make up for that devs could make it possible for 2 of the sword buffs( sky walts, preachblade, soulsever) to be on at the same time ( i dont go for the 3 of them together cause that would make them op, i mean stun+para+def lvl reduc+ MASSIVE dmg+ more def lvl reduc lol sins much? xD) that way they have the chance to either stun/para( if one doesnt work the other will) or just stun and high dmg on gemeni. Idk its just an idea, oh and also making the buffs provided by blade fervor a bit better would be nice, like 2 more atk and def lvl, no comments on the mirage consummer ones as my seeker hasnt learned them, pointless to waste a mirage stone for 30 mins of +3 atk lvl =/. Well thats all i have to say, flame on if you wish ^^' oh and forgive me if i made any typos, not a pro in english b:surrender
Post edited by ReiMei - Lost City on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    (Def lv - 20) + (Immobile 3 seconds) + (Stun 3 seconds) + (Atk & Def lv - 3) +
    (Metal & Phy Def - 30% ) + (Wood & Water critical chance + 30%) +
    (Fire & Earth critical chance + 50%) + (Critical chance + 1%) +
    (Atk lv + 6 to self) = Profit

Yes . . yes i want the lv 100 skill giving them 100% chance to lent every de buff.
    And another damaging lv 100 skill that has all elements and able use the combined de buff at once.
    (b:dirty)
    Yes . . yes one hit. (b:kiss)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • trollfacee
    trollfacee Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    seekers just takes REAL skill to use. even more so then other classes imo. this is a class that you honestly cant just FC to lvl 100 and expect to get anything out of them. you have to learn which debuff/weapon buff/etc does what and which skill activates which debuff and all that jazz. that takes a bit of time and it has a slightly higher learning curve then most classes.

THAT being said, seekers are not good at 1v1 pvp. group scenarios is a different story tho. they will be great in AoE parties.
  • ReiMei - Lost City
    ReiMei - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    (Def lv - 20) + (Immobile 3 seconds) + (Stun 3 seconds) + (Atk & Def lv - 3) +
    (Metal & Phy Def - 30% ) + (Wood & Water critical chance + 30%) +
    (Fire & Earth critical chance + 50%) + (Critical chance + 1%) +
    (Atk lv + 6 to self) = Profit

Yes . . yes i want the lv 100 skill giving them 100% chance to lent every de buff.
    And another damaging lv 100 skill that has all elements and able use the combined de buff at once.
    (b:dirty)
    Yes . . yes one hit. (b:kiss)

Thats why i pointed out that the 3 sword buffs shouldn't stack but just 2 so you cant get the massive profit lol and also the wood, water, fire and earth debuffing skills are pretty useless to the seeker itself unless idk you get a mage buff xD. And you cant wear blade fervor together with saber rattle so it would be just +3 atk lvl =/
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A simplu way to make seekers more effective is to stop looking for reasons to complain about its lack of thereof-overpoweredness.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    needs 5aps. nuff said.

lol jk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    trollfacee wrote: »
    seekers just takes REAL skill to use. even more so then other classes imo. this is a class that you honestly cant just FC to lvl 100 and expect to get anything out of them. you have to learn which debuff/weapon buff/etc does what and which skill activates which debuff and all that jazz. that takes a bit of time and it has a slightly higher learning curve then most classes.

THAT being said, seekers are not good at 1v1 pvp. group scenarios is a different story tho. they will be great in AoE parties.

Maybe in PvE they are useful to an extent (not much with the 5 aps floating about).

In PvP they are useless in both single and group PvP.

1) No reliable stunning skill. Voidstep has a 3 minute cooldown which makes it impractical to use except when chasing a person close to death.

2) Everything is chance based.

3) They are a heavy armor class.

If you've ever been in TW you'd know how quickly heavies die, exspecially with all the rank 8/9 +10 wizards, and psychics out there. The only thing BM's are good for in TW is to stun - not DD. The only thing barbs are good for is cata-pulling (again not DD). In fact there is no heavy class in organized PvP (TW) that trys to do what seekers are intended to do, simply because they wouldn't live long enough against the magic classes.

In Group PvP - your in the air too much to even care about your seekers AOE. Your AOE is really only going to hit one person (most of the time) in group PvP.

There is nothing that a seeker has that makes it particularily effective in PvP.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011

3) They are a heavy armor class.

So are barbs. HA isn't that gimped to magic you know.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So are barbs. HA isn't that gimped to magic you know.

I guess you've never met rank 9 Wizards an Psychics with 9x+ attack levels refined with insane base magic damage.

Only think keeping them alive is:

1) Immune pots
    2) Turtle
    3) A charm.
    4) Clerics healing them.
    5) A stun that they can use when they need to.

But sure, if you think getting hit close to 10K uncrit each shot wont make you gimped them by all means think so.
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    SaiIorMoon - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I guess you've never met rank 9 Wizards an Psychics with 9x+ attack levels refined with insane base magic damage.

1) Immune pots
    2) Turtle
    3) A charm.
    4) Clerics healing them.

But sure, if you think getting hit close to 10K uncrit each shot wont make you gimped them by all means think so.

Full rank 9 wizards and psychics with 9x+ atk lvl =/= full rank 9 seeker with 1xx Def lvl (Minus JoSD/Blessing)
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011

1) Immune pots
    2) Turtle
    3) A charm.
    4) Clerics healing them.

Guess you haven't seen a R9 barb tank R9 mages without much trouble.

Any barb in gear not R9 will get rolled easily by any mage with R9. But even the playing field and a barb regains it's survivability.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

1) Immune pots
    2) Turtle
    3) A charm.
    4) Clerics healing them.

Met them... they are still squishy too...
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    8x Seeker with TT70 blade hit me for 1.5k non-crit.

Nuff said.

• KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    needs 5aps. nuff said.

lol jk.

your right.I had a lvl 100 seeker in the squad lastnight all cashed out and such..but really was there jsut for show since sins,bm,archers were the ones doing the real dmg LOL.But ty mr. seeker for the buff and debuff stuffs..bout it.
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Its a nice idea, and it really would make seekers a bit more effective in 1 vs 1 pk. As it is right now, seekers don't have a reliable way to lock down a target who doesn't want to get close to the seeker.

As far as seekers being effective in group ok, of course they will be. A few of you ppl are forgetting something important; seeker skills hit hard! Like, really really hard. A few of them have wizard-class damage. In a set of simple experiments, my lvl 64 seekers using a lvl 60ish 1* unrefined unsocketed weapon easily does 4k dmg within several seconds against my cleric, when cleric is geared with arcane armor (using the 2 spark aoe skill). If you've actually used the 2 spark skill, you'd know that the damage rattles off in a burst; it says every 1.5 seconds, but in reality, it does the first three attacks (4.5 seconds worth) almost instantly. The gemini slash skill also does wizard-class metal damage; also, another thing about the seeker debuffs is, they last a really long time on the target. If you manage to get the debuff that lets you stun, then you have quite a long window in which you can use the skill to activate the stun; parchblade something or other. And lest we forget, there are a variety of zerk weapons available for seekers, just in case you thought they didn't hit hard enough yet.

Several of the seeker skills are ranged & aoe off of the target, which sounds useful in TW; technically you *don't* need to get close to the action, at least, not as close as other melee classes do. Also, out of all heavy armor classes, seekers get the best all-around defenses against both physical and magic with their self defense-level buff. At the very least, it annuls the effect of your Jones blessing. Oh, and in TW, magic defense charms are the easiest to use, because unlike physical dders, magic damage comes in fewer hits.

Annnd finally, the seekers are not a finished class yet. Once we've seen endgame seekers, then you can comment; not until then though.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    8x Seeker with TT70 blade hit me for 1.5k non-crit.

Nuff said.

They can hit for far more than that if they had a 3* dual sword +5 or more.