Level 100 skill cooldowns and you.

Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
My title is so polite, amirite?

No but seriously, the level 100 skills seem to have the weirdest cooldowns. Some classes have the most useless bullcrap for their level 100 skills, and they have ridiculous cooldowns on top of them. Other classes have some sweet stuff for their level 100 skills, and they're free to spam them like mad.

For instance, Assassins can gladly absorb 20% of the physical damage they deal every 120 seconds, but I'll be damned if a BM gets to use Flash on me more than once per 15 minutes; Sword BMs are already OP enough as it is. It's important that we restrict Barbs from having ANY good damage skills like Ancestral Rage, so we should only let them cast it once every 5 minutes. Clerics though? Feel free to sleep your target, debuff him, triple spark and try for a one shot. If that fails, just use Seal of God, wait it out and try again. By the time Seal of God is done, sleep is off cooldown and vice versa. Cause y'know, obviously clerics deserve to basically just play target practice for all eternity, and it'd be absolutely ridiculous for anyone to request a higher cooldown on either of those two skills.

And I know Assassins get a free 200 chi every 60 seconds, but if you think Archers deserve full chi more often than every 15 minutes then I WILL CUT YOU. I WILL FIND YOU, FRIGGIN COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND CUT YOU AND YES THIS IS A WRITTEN THREAT.

But yeah, what's the deal? The cooldowns for these skills look as if they were pulled out of a hat at random.
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cause this is PWI your playing..
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The same guy who decided not to alter the prices on guild base items for PWI players, designed sins, and came up with the idea of packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    cause this is PWI your playing..

Say what you may, but normally the cooldowns and general setup of all the skills are fairly balanced, with a few exceptions. The level 100 skills though have cooldowns that seem to suggest Chuck Norris himself invented those skills, but then when used it's as if you're just trying to jab a toothpick in the enemies' eye. Meanwhile, there's a couple that are god damn useful that can be spammed as if they were learned at level 19.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I'm probably not getting any of the skills for that reason. >.> But of course, sins usually get the advantage in everything. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    The same guy who decided not to alter the prices on guild base items for PWI players, designed sins, and came up with the idea of packs.

God damn it I hate that guy. They should really fire him.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Which was this guy.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I'm probably not getting any of the skills for that reason. >.> But of course, sins usually get the advantage in everything. b:chuckle

There's literally only 7 spammable 100 skills, 6 of which belonging to three classes (Clerics, sins and Psys, the last one belongs to Barbs), 3 of which are damn OP. Clerics get Seal of God, which is basically a do-over in the same way that Force Stealth is a do-over for sins. Sins get Blood Frenzy, which I'm sure I don't have to explain how OP 20% damage absorbtion is. Psys get a nice spell with a decent channeling time, but a short cooldown (10 seconds) and a fair shot at a 5 second silence effect. Other than that, there's lots of 100 skills that have huge cooldowns that seem like they would prevent anyone from actually bothering to use them, though they'd still be perfectly acceptable if their cooldown was less than 180 seconds (Flash, Ancestral Rage, Elemental Invocation, Blood Vow).
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    In over 2 years of playing PWI, I've still yet to even see a barb use Ancestral Rage. I could probably chalk it up to playing on a PvE server where insanely expensive lvl 100 PvP skills aren't in such high demand.

But still. I don't even know what it even looks like, or what kind of damage it's capable of doing.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    In over 2 years of playing PWI, I've still yet to even see a barb use Ancestral Rage. I could probably chalk it up to playing on a PvE server where insanely expensive lvl 100 PvP skills aren't in such high demand.

But still. I don't even know what it even looks like, or what kind of damage it's capable of doing.

It's good damage.

I mean, it's 200% weapon damage. Axes have a lot of damage on them, and barbs are in desperate need of more damage. A barb used it on me twice and both times, it really hurt. A ranged 200% weapon damage skill is something that a lot of squishies would hate.

But yeah, 5 minute cooldown. Kinda limits it's uses. So I guess barbs will continue being helplessly kited as their charms tick like mad and they deal mediocre damage.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i have ancestral rage its a useful skill but i dont get how the only immoblize we have, has a 5 minute CD b:angry
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    i have ancestral rage its a useful skill but i dont get how the only immoblize we have, has a 5 minute CD b:angry

Silly barb. Your only purpose is to buff the other classes and pull cata.

Now get back in your cage.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've seen it used and I'm hoping to get it for myself soon.

It's a very hard hitting skill. Beastial onslaught is 100% of weapon damage and can sometimes hit 8k+ crits (non zerk) on squishies. 200% is insane, plus the range is great. Go up to a mage and they'll more than likely seal. As soon as that ends, triple spark, vacuity, cloud eruption, and ancestral rage. They'll usually use distance shrink not expecting the 18 meter range on ancestral rage and get one shot.

The cooldown doesn't seem that bad, just that a lot of skills similar in power/utility have much lower cooldowns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011

The cooldown doesn't seem that bad, just that a lot of skills similar in power/utility have much lower cooldowns.

Still.

This game will let me stun you for 6 seconds, freeze you for 6 seconds, silence you for another 5, and repeat that chain until either the stun (85% chance), silence or freeze (both 50%) fails. Then I can Psy will and resist for 10.

That first chain is possible solely because of the level 100 skill. Meanwhile they tell Sword BMs they can only use Flash once in a blue moon and they tell Barbs that that Beastial Onslaught crit is literally the only chance they've got.

wat
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sins get Blood Frenzy, which I'm sure I don't have to explain how OP 20% damage absorbtion is.

Just a note...that skill overwrites Bloodpaint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVoodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011

thought up 5.0 aps, don't forget that...
  • trollfacee
    trollfacee Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    u know whats funny? barbs trying to pvp. lolb:cute
  • Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They'll usually use distance shrink not expecting the 18 meter range on ancestral rage and get one shot.

Wait wait wait.
    18 METERS??
    thats awseome
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I demand axe ultimate for bm's
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And I know Assassins get a free 200 chi every 60 seconds, but if you think Archers deserve full chi more often than every 15 minutes then I WILL CUT YOU. I WILL FIND YOU, FRIGGIN COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND CUT YOU AND YES THIS IS A WRITTEN THREAT.

But by the time you find my house, 15 minutes will have passed.
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    trollfacee wrote: »
    u know whats funny? barbs trying to pvp. lolb:cute

lol...I'll more then likely reck most of the ppl u play with ijs. You would have a new outlook on barbz b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I was satisfied with the 15 minute level 100 archer chi skill until sins came out with a lvl 29 chi skill that was a lot better (even at level 1).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Silly barb. Your only purpose is to buff the other classes and pull cata.

Now get back in your cage.

Am I the only one that lawled really hard at this? b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • trollfacee
    trollfacee Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    lol...I'll more then likely reck most of the ppl u play with ijs. You would have a new outlook on barbz b:bye

nah i wont.

but if u can avoid getting dropped in 5-10 seconds by a sin or avoid getting 1-3 hit by a caster in rank 9, then maybe, JUST maybe, ill raise an eyebrow.b:flower
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I was satisfied with the 15 minute level 100 archer chi skill until sins came out with a lvl 29 chi skill that was a lot better (even at level 1).

I can just imagine some future patch notes:

Archer level 100 skills, cooldown reduced 10 seconds, mana costs reduced by 10 mana.
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Am I the only one that lawled really hard at this? b:surrender

nope... i really did LOL... the guy i work with looked at me b:chuckle
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I can just imagine some future patch notes:

Archer level 100 skills, cooldown reduced 10 seconds, mana costs reduced by 10 mana.

You're giving PWE way too much credit.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Just a note...that skill overwrites Bloodpaint.

Which means sins will have to go through the trouble of RECASTING that spammable and oh-so-neccesary for PVP skill.

Wow, this makes up for EVERYTHING.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Which means sins will have to go through the trouble of RECASTING that spammable and oh-so-neccesary for PVP skill.

Wow, this makes up for EVERYTHING.

Meanwhile, both archer 79s overwrite their (almost useless) evasion/speed buff. I agree with Long. Totally makes it balanced. :D
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'll cut my wrists if my mystic gets crappy *** 100 skills QQ

Long btw du bist verruckt
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've seen it used and I'm hoping to get it for myself soon.

It's a very hard hitting skill. Beastial onslaught is 100% of weapon damage and can sometimes hit 8k+ crits (non zerk) on squishies. 200% is insane, plus the range is great. Go up to a mage and they'll more than likely seal. As soon as that ends, triple spark, vacuity, cloud eruption, and ancestral rage. They'll usually use distance shrink not expecting the 18 meter range on ancestral rage and get one shot.

Is it really 200% of base damage as opposed to weapon damage as said on Eca? Because that's like an automatic crit, way bigger than any weapon damage add.

But too bad Distance Shrink is 25 meters (or 30 if Demon), and Triple Spark takes 3s to cast. :(
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty