Valley Entrance quest

Options
Slearn - Sanctuary
Slearn - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I picked up this quest in Heaven's Tear and I am wondering how it's done?
- it tells me to kill things in Frigoris, 10 monsters in all.
Do I get the Essence of Nature and go in that way Solo mode from the NPC?

Can I take my wife in with me or does Solo really mean alone and nobody can share it with you -ie a squad? If I can take her, do we need 2 Essence of Natures?

Thanks in advance. And no, I do know what the dictionary definition of solo means, but in PWI things are not always what they seem.
Post edited by Slearn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You need complete that quest at squad mode, if you go at solo mode you dont get the collect drops from mobs, at least didnt worked on me.

If you wanna do the solo mode with your wife you both need one Essence of Nature each of us then 2 Essences, choose the same Lunar battle field and you both can join solo/together Lunar mode where the mobs and bosses are not relly hard to beat, they drop fragments.

Good luck :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • LTraveller - Dreamweaver
    LTraveller - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It seems that there are both squad (20 drops from nivastok-like mobs) and solo mode (3 different types of mobs) quests. You need 1 essence to open solo mode, even if you have someone else in squad. BTW, after completing first solo mode quest you can get several others. Don't try to teleport to Grayhaired Man, he's not there. Apparently the quest is bugged.
    LTraveller, lv85 veno
    NamiOto, lv80 full support cleric
    RoamingAdmin, 7X fist/axe BM
    Ion_Cannon, 6X full mag wizard

(full support: healing + fire support)
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    quest to kill 3 types of mobs works, i did it yesterday with friends, its solo mode, but there were 3 of us (qite like tt sibgle mode, just im not sure if limit is 3 or 4 players). got credit for the kills without any problem, that quest is part of the chain, but as was said part with graybearded man cant be completed as hes not there. still i think doing the available part of the chain is worth it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slearn - Sanctuary
    Slearn - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.

My wife and I did the first 2 quests in the Valley Entrance chain without difficulty. It was even pleasant farming the mats for the Essence of Nature.

We now have the Talisman of the Glade item to take us to the GreyHaired Man (A suffered soul quest) and didn't use it as per advice we read here.

Also seems that maybe the First Attack quest you get from the Taoist is bugged so we won't go into Frigoris valley looking for the 20 element dusts. From the PWI database it appears the Frigoris: Prajna (91) is the monster you want to see. The level 93 one you get from solo mode doesn't drop the element dust. I am guessing it is another Lunar mode that we don't have at the moment.

I know a lot of people have failed A Suffered Soul and First Attack, so I thank you that we could benefit from your experience. We await Lunar to be sorted out so we can all continue.
  • Bioxic - Archosaur
    Bioxic - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hmmm dis quest sucksb:chuckle

bioxic-1-2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Connera - Heavens Tear
    Connera - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The Greyhaired Man appears for me, so it seems it has been fixed.
    I'm hated by former friends, entire factions, PWE, and people I've never met before. I'm hated on servers I've never logged onto.

... and I honestly wasn't even trying.

Enrage has nothing on me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yudai - Sanctuary
    Yudai - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Don't take my word for it - but i think that in order to complete the First Attack quest for the 20 Element Dusts, you must run Lunar in Trophy Mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks NowItsAwn.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.