Are you Light or Full Int Mage? :D

Skid_Row - Heavens Tear
Skid_Row - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Wizard
The title says everything.

I read some guides about it (english and non-english), and I got pretty confuse between the two builds.

Some people say that "Light Mages don't hit good", and some say "light mage hit almost as good as Full int".
In other hand, some people say "Full int mage die to much to kill", and some say "Full int kills eveything before be touched!"

So I don't know which way to choose. :(

So, tell me, are you Light or Full int? Why? b:cute
Post edited by Skid_Row - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    erm...where to start, where to start...

1) do you have a wiz? Cuz your forum avatar says otherwise.

2) In the lower levels when weapons usually aren't refined or that powerful, LA does similar damage.

3) In lower levels, LA gives much better survivability.

4) endgame, LA suffers from diminishing returns. The phys defense it offers is hardly better than AA, and the mag defense it offers is much much worse.

5) endgame, LA does waaaay less damage when you begin to refine weapons and your opponents get better gear.

My advice is that you either go AA all the way, or LA until about 8x or 9x, and then restat to AA.
  • Lascial - Dreamweaver
    Lascial - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    From level 1-30, I was Arcane. At 30 my friend managed to convince me to go Light, and I enjoyed it. As light armor you have noticeably higher survivability, and you don't notice a huge damage difference until 75+. After 75, that's when armor starts getting better stats. And the lack of Light armor with any kind of magic enhancing stats is what makes a Light armor Wizard disliked at higher levels. However, if you plan on doing Frostcover, I'd recommend sticking with Light armor until 80. I didn't switch until 80, and the extra defense in the big pulls in FC is very nice. But I wouldn't wait any longer then 80 to switch if you choose to go LA at first. Just to show stats, I'm a demon wizard, at level 96, I have 20 gems, I went 10 immaculate hp, 10 immaculate def, and my defense is over 7K self buffed(demon barrier), and over 4K hp, and the higherst refine I have is +2 b:laugh
    So don't worry about not having enough def as AA, our Barrier gives us plenty.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As long as you keep your weapon up to date, you should have no problems killing most mobs with them hitting you maybe one or two times max. I would just lvl all the way as arcane. If you take in the cost of the respec scrolls you will have to spend later on, you might as well have stayed arcane and gotten hypers or oracles and lvl'ed up quicker as arcane.

FC - wise, in most cases if you get aggro that's enough to kill you, being LA would still kill you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
This discussion has been closed.