It's called "Bullying"...

2»

Comments

• Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This will be my last post in this thread, as, like angel, when I encounter people seemingly intent on baiting me I prefer to walk away. My point about people apparently deliberately misunderstanding each other is only proved by saying that I equated bullying to rapine and murder. I did not, and you know I did not. Large sections of red text and personal attacks, lol, it looks like the trolls are at work here, consequently the debate stultifies, and I am outta here.
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bullies are pathetic, the ones that let bullying get to them and kill themselves or think less of themselves because of it or worse. I've been bullied all my life it's had it's affects on me such as making me a bit more untrusting of people, but I've learned to not really give a damn what anyone thinks of me. They can think whatever they want, and if they're insecure enough to feel the need to insult me for being different then that's their problem not mine.

Bullies are idiots, sometimes they realize their mistakes and other times not. Just don't let them get to you, not because "well bullies are just living a worse life than you and they can't deal with it" because that's well... that's just plain ****, some do it just because they can. You shouldn't let bullies get to you because wasting time worrying about what idiots like that think is, well.. a waste.

In any case... this thread is super long and I hated reading through it. It bullied my poor eyes :/

No but really... who wants to come get high with me? :D
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bullies are pathetic, the ones that let bullying get to them and kill themselves or think less of themselves because of it or worse. I've been bullied all my life it's had it's affects on me such as making me a bit more untrusting of people, but I've learned to not really give a damn what anyone thinks of me. They can think whatever they want, and if they're insecure enough to feel the need to insult me for being different then that's their problem not mine.

Bullies are idiots, sometimes they realize their mistakes and other times not. Just don't let them get to you, not because "well bullies are just living a worse life than you and they can't deal with it" because that's well... that's just plain ****, some do it just because they can. You shouldn't let bullies get to you because wasting time worrying about what idiots like that think is, well.. a waste.

In any case... this thread is super long and I hated reading through it. It bullied my poor eyes :/

No but really... who wants to come get high with me? :D

I love when I read posts that summarize what I want to say. I hate my wording ability. *Steals zanny's post* 8D
    And i'll watch you get high, but that's about it! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    I love when I read posts that summarize what I want to say. I hate my wording ability. *Steals zanny's post* 8D
    And i'll watch you get high, but that's about it! :D

Eh.. I had a lot more to say but I scrapped it. Bullying kinda hits home since it happened to me a lot... I never did anything to provoke it, just sat there and read my books. I endured it every year of school, multiple bullies every year and I hated it. The insults didn't bother me, just going through it every day was a pain. I admit there have been one or two people I've bullied, but even then... it was after they did something to royally **** me off and that only lasted a week or two. I don't insult people for no reason because if I don't know the person I don't really have any right to judge them.

Suicide... honestly anyone that let's it get to them so bad that they actually kill themselves over it is just... well.. not mentally healthy anyway, committing suicide over being bullied is absolute **** and not a reason to kill yourself. I've sat here, been bullied my whole life, my dad left before I was even two, came back when I was 11, was ALWAYS drunk and smoking then left a month or two later, then died last year. Bullied, no father figure, raised by a mother that can hardly work because of being disabled and no relationship I've ever been in has worked out. I'm still here, alive and well. I know there are worse things that could have happened to me and I'm not trying to give some sob story, I'm just saying my life hasn't been the easiest and I know how pain feels, how it feels to be constantly tormented and disappointed, and yet here I am... not suicidal.

Suicide's not the way out.. everyone has potential for a decent life, if not a great one. If you kill yourself you destroy that and the bullies win. You let them destroy everything you could have become.

Hmm.. I should really put a joke in here somewhere before people start thinking I can be serious.
    edited March 2011
    Well no one has an easy life, unless you're one of the few born with a golden spoon in your mouth. I'm glad that someone from such an enviroment that was also bullied agrees with me that suicide over it is complete bullcrap. (Although I still stand by suicide in general being **** too).

I have a joke but forums would censor it so I can't say it =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Well no one has an easy life, unless you're one of the few born with a golden spoon in your mouth. I'm glad that someone from such an enviroment that was also bullied agrees with me that suicide over it is complete bullcrap. (Although I still stand by suicide in general being **** too).

I have a joke but forums would censor it so I can't say it =(

Tell it to me when I get my laptop fixed :P

And yeah.. I can understand it in a select few cases, and I mean VERY few, but for bullying? **** no, that's pathetic. Gots to get off the computer now... see ya Nighty :D *waves and leaves*
    edited March 2011
    Tell it to me when I get my laptop fixed :P

And yeah.. I can understand it in a select few cases, and I mean VERY few, but for bullying? **** no, that's pathetic. Gots to get off the computer now... see ya Nighty :D *waves and leaves*

byeeeeeeee :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angelmunchkin
    angelmunchkin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Maybe I worded it wrong. Well yes, I did, and I will admit it. Wording isn't my strong suit, I'm sorry to have offended you and anyone else who took offense to it. I would appreciate if you would edit it out of your quote.
    The rest of my post I stand by; I was raised to believe suicide is the stupidest thing to do and a coward's way out. Bullying is bad but I still don't jusify it as a good reason to suicide. And no one ever said bullying is okay, Janus said it was a part of life, which it is, it's bound to happen. You can try to get rid of it, like racism, but after how many years since blacks rebeled against the white majority do we still have racism? No one says to turn a blind eye to bullying, but there's nothing we can do to stop it. There's no way there can be someone at every bullying spot at all hours of the day in hopes to catch a bully. There's always going to be that one insecure person that wants to make other people feel as bad as they do, it's human nature. But that doesn't mean you should be taking your life over it. People just tend to throw in the towel and say it's over too soon, when they don't ask for any help or try to fix the problem themselves. Instead of doing that, they do something drastic and think it's the best thing to do, but it never is. It doesn't faze the bullies that they hurt the person, that's what they want. When the realise they get under your skin, they don't stop. They keep doing it until they get bored of you or you stop them. But unless you stop them, they won't stop, and will just move on to terrorize another person.

Another thing that is annoying me, is you keep saying the bullies don't know what else is going on in the people they bully lifes. Did you ever stop to think about what the bullies might be going through? They are victims themselves, whether it be from self esteem issues or bullying in their own home enviroment. I remember once I was jealous of my cousin's body, so I called her anorexic without a thought because of how skinny she is, and she went over to my grandmother's a cried her eyes out about it. Never have I felt so bad as to bully someone, especially since I didn't realise I was doing it. But just because the person getting bullied may have something wrong with them, doesn't mean the bully doesn't have anything wrong with them. Why do you think they are bullying in the first place? It's to make them feel more secure and/or to release pent up anger they have towards another person. While it's important to help a victim, it is also important to find the reason why the bully is being a bully.

But there is never a way to eliminate bullying. There's always going to be bad people in the world, and with those bad people we will have the bullies, the rapists, the drug dealers and robbers. We can't change other people even if we want to, but we can change how we deal with these people.

No!
    I WILL NOT help you cover up your callousness. You would not have said it if you didn't mean it. It wasn't worded wrong, there is only one way to say something like that and you said it.

/end discussion

(Just answering her request.)
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, FFXI.
    edited March 2011
    No!
    I WILL NOT help you cover up your callousness. You would not have said it if you didn't mean it. It wasn't worded wrong, there is only one way to say something like that and you said it.

/end discussion

(Just answering her request.)

Wow, so you sit here on your high horse and say how bad bullying is, yet when I ask something nicely and apologize for it because I have dyslexia and can't word things right, you refuse. Thank you so much for bringing up the only thing I'm really ashamed of in myself, the fact that I can't write properly and comprehend what I'm reading after the fact. Grats on being childish AND a contradicting *****.
    Anyway, it's not like I can't just ask Shelly or Kritty or Grim to edit it out for me, I didn't mean it the way it came out. Jeez.

Edit: Yay, Shelly is amazing. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thabeav
    thabeav Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So what you are basically saying, is anyone who fights to end any kind of wrong doing... is stooping to level of the wrong doers?

If someone chooses to have a moment of feeling like, oh I dunno, **** someone... then **** there will be? That's your logic. We're supposed to accept that?

First we accept bullying... the victims never get their justice. We make the victims adapt and we don't rehabilitate the bullies.

Moving along..

Drug dealers are a fact of life too... are we suppose to just adapt to them selling drugs to our children? Or are we suppose to fight it... oh, wait... that might lower us to their level.

Moving on along...

****, incest, child molestation... oops can't fight those either.

And then we hit our dead end...

Murder... it's a fact of life, but I guess we are just suppose to adapt to that too.

A functional society seeks out and punishes those within it who are disruptive and abusive. That includes it's bullies. And if it's children who are doing the bullying, then parents need to discipline their children for doing so and teach them better.

Trying to right a wrong does not bring those who seek justice down to the level of those who are committing the injustices. I have no idea where you get that information from, other than the fact that you admit to being a bully and you don't see any reason why you should be disciplined for it. You like to hurt people, but they are not suppose to do anything about it, except let you continue to hurt others.

You make me sick...

NOTE: **** is R A P E... language filters >_>,
    What i am saying is everyone makes their own choice and its something GOD cant even take from us. If someone CHOOSES to R A P E someone, and yes it does happen, unless we are right there to stop it, IT STILL HAPPENS! No matter where you go, no matter what you do, human life will always have the blood and guts to go along with the sunshine and rainbows you want. Nothing anyone can do can fully stop it from happening. That is what you have a hard time accepting. No one WANTS it to happen, BUT IT DOES.
    edited March 2011
    thabeav wrote: »
    What i am saying is everyone makes their own choice and its something GOD cant even take from us. If someone CHOOSES to R A P E someone, and yes it does happen, unless we are right there to stop it, IT STILL HAPPENS! No matter where you go, no matter what you do, human life will always have the blood and guts to go along with the sunshine and rainbows you want. Nothing anyone can do can fully stop it from happening. That is what you have a hard time accepting. No one WANTS it to happen, BUT IT DOES.

what i was trying to say. +1 to this post b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angelmunchkin
    edited March 2011
    Wow, so you sit here on your high horse and say how bad bullying is, yet when I ask something nicely and apologize for it because I have dyslexia and can't word things right, you refuse. Thank you so much for bringing up the only thing I'm really ashamed of in myself, the fact that I can't write properly and comprehend what I'm reading after the fact. Grats on being childish AND a contradicting *****.
    Anyway, it's not like I can't just ask Shelly or Kritty or Grim to edit it out for me, I didn't mean it the way it came out. Jeez.

Edit: Yay, Shelly is amazing. b:cute

According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health, dyslexia is a learning disability that can hinder a person's ability to read, write, spell, and sometimes speak. Dyslexia is the most common learning disability in children and persists throughout life. The severity of dyslexia can vary from mild to severe. The sooner dyslexia is treated, the more favorable the outcome; however, it is never too late for people with dyslexia to learn to improve their language skills.

Children with dyslexia have difficulty in learning to read despite traditional instruction, at least average intelligence, and an adequate opportunity to learn. It is caused by an impairment in the brain's ability to translate images received from the eyes or ears into understandable language. It does not result from vision or hearing problems. It is not due to mental retardation, brain damage, or a lack of intelligence.

Dyslexia can go undetected in the early grades of schooling. The child can become frustrated by the difficulty in learning to read, and other problems can arise that disguise dyslexia. The child may show signs of depression and low self-esteem. Behavior problems at home as well as at school are frequently seen. The child may become unmotivated and develop a dislike for school. The child's success in school may be jeopardized if the problem remains untreated.

I can identify the writings of a dyslexic and you do not fit the bill. It isn't a reading comprehension problem, it's a problem seeing written language normally... example: I see the word "mob", my friend from FFXI see's "mod", I see "month", he sees "mouth". And he has trouble putting sentences together in writing. I can understand what he says in chat, most people can't, but I've known him and played FFXI with him for 5 years.

You write/spell just fine... my friend from FFXI is dyslexic (Yea, I know you don't know him and you should be glad you don't). And, judging from your arguments, you don't have reading comprehension problems either. You're just trying to find a way out of what you said, an excuse for it. There is no excuse!

Dyslexia is a real, true life problem for some people and it can be disabling. Don't use it as a crutch when you don't have it.

EDIT: I just noticed that the quote in my post was edited by a moderator (Shelly). All the proof I need to leave PWI permanently. The moderators/GM's are partial to specific people... defend and coddle some, while others are left to be flamed, accused, and belittled... made to appear to be "the bad guys", even when everything they were trying to support was in the better (maybe not best) interest of their peers.
    Not to worry, concerning the post, though. I did a print screen of it, so it still exists should anyone want to know what this final argument was about.
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, FFXI.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    @ angelmunchkin
    I get what Nightmarez was trying to express and I can definitely say you are taking it the wrong way.
    Even if she isn't dyslexic by the definition, she very likely had some difficulty expressing exactly what she wanted to say in the way she wanted to say it. It's a common thing, I wouldn't call a problem, just a person has to be quite taken with the subject of English to truly master how to use it to perfectly express their mind.

Anyway, you're being really accusing with her... and you know what, she doesn't have to make excuses or prove anything to you.

And for the record, I honestly doubt anyone cares about the "final argument", the fact that you actually went so far as to print it out as proof to some invisible audience seems to me like an indication that you are far too affected by what has been said, way beyond what is reasonable or necessary. Chill out man, chill out. You can argue without getting hurt and losing your senses and composure you know. Why not practice some understanding instead of getting en-flamed by what others say.
  • angelmunchkin
    edited March 2011
    @ angelmunchkin
    I get what Nightmarez was trying to express and I can definitely say you are taking it the wrong way.
    Even if she isn't dyslexic by the definition, she very likely had some difficulty expressing exactly what she wanted to say in the way she wanted to say it. It's a common thing, I wouldn't call a problem, just a person has to be quite taken with the subject of English to truly master how to use it to perfectly express their mind.

Anyway, you're being really accusing with her... and you know what, she doesn't have to make excuses or prove anything to you.

And for the record, I honestly doubt anyone cares about the "final argument", the fact that you actually went so far as to print it out as proof to some invisible audience seems to me like an indication that you are far too affected by what has been said, way beyond what is reasonable or necessary. Chill out man, chill out. You can argue without getting hurt and losing your senses and composure you know. Why not practice some understanding instead of getting en-flamed by what others say.

I have NOT accused her of anything, except what she actually did... she said something very horrible and now, even the moderator is helping her cover it up. You can't "accidentally" say something like that.

I'm gone... Shelly, just close the thread, because even after I am gone, they will continue to accuse me of $h!t... $h!t that's not true.... oh wait... you don't care!
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have NOT accused her of anything, except what she actually did... she said something very horrible and now, even the moderator is helping her cover it up. You can't "accidentally" say something like that.

I'm gone... Shelly, just close the thread, because even after I am gone, they will continue to accuse me of $h!t... $h!t that's not true.... oh wait... you don't care!

Imo, she didn't say anything you had the right to accuse her negatively about. What she said wasn't horrible if you understand the main point, but what you seem to be focused on is the deliverance. As for if it was accidental, I never saw her say anywhere that is was exactly accidental, but she did mention several times that it was just poorly delivered.

and well, accusation, while it sounds like a harsh word, is exactly what I did but I wouldn't see it in a negative light, as my intentions were to explain to you that the way in which you were viewing and responding to comments was not exactly mature. It was heated and emotionally charged, even now it still is. This isn't the correct way to be dealing with others on a game forum, especially over such a broad topic in which many different kinds of people have things to say and a right to say them. Bluntly put, it's not justifiable to lose one's own head and go ballistic at a comment that isn't absolutely aligned with the trendy sunshine-and-daisies view of an issue. At this point, you are even starting to come across as a little victimizing and unforgiving, tbh. This certainly isn't the way to react if a point is meant to come across from you to someone else.

I do agree with you on one point. I too believe this thread is better off closed, however it's for different reasons than you have.
  • angelmunchkin
    edited March 2011
    Imo, she didn't say anything you had the right to accuse her negatively about. What she said wasn't horrible if you understand the main point, but what you seem to be focused on is the deliverance. As for if it was accidental, I never saw her say anywhere that is was exactly accidental, but she did mention several times that it was just poorly delivered.

and well, accusation, while it sounds like a harsh word, is exactly what I did but I wouldn't see it in a negative light, as my intentions were to explain to you that the way in which you were viewing and responding to comments was not exactly mature. It was heated and emotionally charged, even now it still is. This isn't the correct way to be dealing with others on a game forum, especially over such a broad topic in which many different kinds of people have things to say and a right to say them. Bluntly put, it's not justifiable to lose one's own head and go ballistic at a comment that isn't absolutely aligned with the trendy sunshine-and-daisies view of an issue. At this point, you are even starting to come across as a little victimizing and unforgiving, tbh. This certainly isn't the way to react if a point is meant to come across from you to someone else.

I do agree with you on one point. I too believe this thread is better off closed, however it's for different reasons than you have.

I didn't go ballistic... I have been accused and belittled for my views and now I am tired of it. Go point your finger at someone else, I'm sure there are plenty of other people with views similar to mine that you can point at and accuse and whatever the heck else you want to do to them. That seems to be what the PWI forums are for... but I'm gone, so it doesn't matter now to me. By Saturday morning, my last character (PunkinKatt, lv 70 veno) will be fully deleted... then my leaving will be official.
    And I am a forgiving person... but only to a point. I can't forgive being repeatedly blasted for my views and accused of things that I did not do or did not say. While I do defend myself, and I do speak up when someone says something, like what she said, I have not and do not blast people for their views. I openly disagree and they don't seem to like it, so they blast me. This thread has been a fine example of bullying... in text form. And I am not saying that I am the only one that this happens to on these forums, so don't even bring that up (preemptive statement). I know there are lots of people who have left PWI (game and forums) because of this very issue.

/closethread
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sufficed to say, OP takes things very personally. I merely disagreed and voiced a dissenting opinion yet I was told I kick puppies and other nonsensical ad hominem blather.

Just an FYI, I can pretty much see how readily putting one's self in a "victim" role would, in essence, make their self, consequently, into a bully magnet. Consider an alternate example of a pretty young lady, inexperienced, and why, being excessively submissive in an outward sense, and the much higher chance she runs into a person, more keen on spotting this type of behavior, who takes full advantage of that character trait. Relate this to bullies and how a person like this can essentially be teasing the bull, unknowingly (or knowingly?) waving red in front of it. Hence, why everyone should consider first and foremost actions that can promote bullying as a self-preserving method of prevention in this regard.

OTOH, I'm not sure if this is the OP's cry for attention or maybe just some social anxiety problem that is already highly prevalent in MMO's. Who knows. Probably should be closed though. As hard hitting as the topic was on debating, nobody made it more personal, or more personal jabs, than the OP.
  • angelmunchkin
    edited March 2011
    Sufficed to say, OP takes things very personally. I merely disagreed and voiced a dissenting opinion yet I was told I kick puppies and other nonsensical ad hominem blather.

Just an FYI, I can pretty much see how readily putting one's self in a "victim" role would, in essence, make their self, consequently, into a bully magnet. Consider an alternate example of a pretty young lady, inexperienced, and why, being excessively submissive in an outward sense, and the much higher chance she runs into a person, more keen on spotting this type of behavior, who takes full advantage of that character trait. Relate this to bullies and how a person like this can essentially be teasing the bull, unknowingly (or knowingly?) waving red in front of it.

OTOH, I'm not sure if this is a cry for attention or maybe just some social anxiety problem that is already highly prevalent in MMO's. Who knows. Probably should be closed though. As hard hitting as the debate was, nobody made it more personal than the OP.

You can point your finger somewhere else too. Those who opposed me took the subject at hand more personally than I ever took anything. That's why they jumped on my ****... FROM THE GET GO!
    I did NOT TELL you you kick puppies... I said it wouldn't surprise me if you did (altogether different)... another example of someone saying that I said something that I did not.
    edited March 2011
    You can point your finger somewhere else too. Those who opposed me took the subject at hand more personally than I ever took anything. That's why they jumped on my ****... FROM THE GET GO!
    I did NOT TELL you you kick puppies... I said it wouldn't surprise me if you did (altogether different)... another example of someone saying that I said something that I did not.
    "I was told I kick puppies" = "I wouldn't be surprised if you kick puppies".

Why? Even if you wanna bother with a diatribe differentiating these two distinctions by some meticulous degree, the point of mentioning this was to show that you both take things too personally and are too fast to attack someone on a personal level, even when you were not engaged in such dialog. Given what occurred there, I'd say what you were doing was actually kinda like bullying, if we use the broadly interpreted version you seem to ascribe to. b:laugh
  • angelmunchkin
    edited March 2011
    "I was told I kick puppies" = "I wouldn't be surprised if you kick puppies".

Why? Even if you wanna bother with a diatribe differentiating these two distinctions by some meticulous degree, the point of mentioning this was to show that you both take things too personally and are too fast to attack someone on a personal level, even when you were not engaged in such dialog. Given what occurred there, I'd say what you were doing was actually kinda like bullying, if we use the broadly interpreted version you seem to ascribe to. b:laugh

1) If I "told" you you kick puppies, it would read "You kick puppies". Something would've had to believe to be true. An accusation.

2) To say, "It wouldn't surprise me if you kick puppies" IS an ENTIRELY different thing. Something that I neither believe nor disbelieve, but would not be surprised if it were to turn out to be true.

You're just proving that what I have said about false accusations against me to be true.

I don't take anything "too" personally... but if you are lying about someone... THAT IS PERSONAL... whether you're lying about me or anyone else.
    edited March 2011
    You wasted all that time just to post a re-assertion of your previous post without even reading what you responded to? That's skillz. Plus the "victim" card yet again, just for kicks. Bonus points there.

So how was I lying to you when you told me (and here I'll quote exactly what you said so you can't waste time trying to divert attention from the point being made for your woes me ****), and I quote:

If you don't see anything wrong with hurting other people, then you have a problem... a serious problem... and I am done speaking with you. I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if you kick puppies too.

Even when I never threw out anything ad hominem toward you before that, only disagreeing with you?

First off, you took disagreement too personal. That's a given with your overreaction ("I'm done") to it, which is illustrative in the real world of a pissy teenager stomping off. Secondly, you took it to a personal level with the puppy comment. While I'm not offended by any of this in the slightest bit myself (it's actually kinda entertaining), your posts here are not without a sense of irony given how you complain about the effects people (mostly bullies) have upon others yet attack those who disagree with you without regard to their feelings.

And with the attitude you portrayed here in a discussion, I can see why a bully might have fun trying to bully you, or even a troll trying to get a rise out of you. Your overreaction is of the type that would trigger a response from the aforementioned. But given your woes me deck of victim cards and inward feel sorry for me attitude, I really doubt some objective introspection and thinking is much a possibility here in the societal game of action and reaction. Moving onto greener pastures.. b:bye
  • angelmunchkin
    edited March 2011
    Last from me, forever, on any part of the PWI forums.

I read what I am replying to, and if I sometimes repeat myself in my own postings, it's because I feel emphasis is needed to make myself understood. I have never over-reacted... I have strongly reacted to some posts toward the end of this thread... I don't even see how it is possible to over-react to something that is appalling. That aside, if I react strongly to something, such as bullying, or the comment that Nightmare made, it's because I care about people. I don't make accusations and I have not made any accusations. I reply based on what is said (even if I don't reply to every detail within the post) and it is up to the readers to understand what I've said, just the same as I am responsible for my own understanding of what others write. And I have done my utmost best to understand what you all have written, but some of it is just blatantly obvious. Unfortunately, many, if not most, of you haven't understood anything I have said, and apparently made no effort to. And there was no effort made to understand where I was coming from on this subject... And some of you simply don't see anything wrong with bullying... either that, or you were just looking to flame someone and I got caught in the crosshairs.

I know bullying will always be around, that does not mean that I (or anyone else) should have to adapt to it or get used to it, or whatever. It's not wrong to want a better world for my grandchildren... not a worse one, and that is what turning a blind eye to injustices will bring for them. So I advocate for something better... a world where bullying, though it may exist, is not tolerated... where the bullies pay the price for what they do, not the victims. I stand by that. And I am not talking about playground bullies (children). As I said before, I am talking about people of the age of accountability, and yes, that includes minors, once they reach that age of accountability, which, if I'm not mistaken, is 13. Parent's are responsible for disciplining young children, and their teenagers, when their behavior becomes abusive to other people (child, teen, or adult), or otherwise disruptive.

I know that this post will probably bring more flames and accusations... because that seems to be the nature of the people on these forums... it seems to be bully haven... but if directed at me, personally, then you're just talking to air... because I am gone!
    edited March 2011
    I can identify the writings of a dyslexic and you do not fit the bill. It isn't a reading comprehension problem, it's a problem seeing written language normally... example: I see the word "mob", my friend from FFXI see's "mod", I see "month", he sees "mouth". And he has trouble putting sentences together in writing. I can understand what he says in chat, most people can't, but I've known him and played FFXI with him for 5 years.

You write/spell just fine... my friend from FFXI is dyslexic (Yea, I know you don't know him and you should be glad you don't). And, judging from your arguments, you don't have reading comprehension problems either. You're just trying to find a way out of what you said, an excuse for it. There is no excuse!

Dyslexia is a real, true life problem for some people and it can be disabling. Don't use it as a crutch when you don't have it.

EDIT: I just noticed that the quote in my post was edited by a moderator (Shelly). All the proof I need to leave PWI permanently. The moderators/GM's are partial to specific people... defend and coddle some, while others are left to be flamed, accused, and belittled... made to appear to be "the bad guys", even when everything they were trying to support was in the better (maybe not best) interest of their peers.
    Not to worry, concerning the post, though. I did a print screen of it, so it still exists should anyone want to know what this final argument was about.

Wow. Because you have a friend that has dyslexia you think you know everything about it? It's not the same for every case. You think because you can read an article about it that you know everything about it?
    The only reason why I don't show "signs" of it is because I edit my posts over 5 times because I have to keep re-reading what I wrote to see if it makes sense. And yes, I was diagnosed with dylsexia because I cannot wrote things properly, a side-effect of it, and i cannot spell things properly, which you can ask Kritty or any of my other friends that I talk to a lot on how i can spell (I have done things like mod instead of mob, ot if instead of it, etc.), and I cannot comprehend what I'm reading half of the time (I have tried to better myself in this area by reading higher education level books). Just because I can take the time to go back read, read and more read posts and fix them doesn't mean I don't have it. And yes, the inability to word things is a part of dylsexia. Just because your friend doesn't have that side effect doesn't mean I don't.

And there is not "coddlying" in the forums. I asked Shelly and she did it. If I did what you did to me and then you asked Shelly to fix it, she would. It's my post and I can do whatever I want to it, regardless of how I get it done.
    Annnnd no one really cares that much about what I said. If they did, don't you think they would have made a bigger arguement over it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Enough with the "Bullying" stuff. Seems that leading a normal conversation is not possible when one or two people are misunderstanding what you're trying to say and the thread turned into a fight about who's right and who's wrong.
    Closed.
This discussion has been closed.