Which server will be first to have a 1 color TW map?

2»

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    TW pay wont be helping gear any players, if you have like, 20 lands then it MIGHT be enough to cover the charm costs of the factions members, and that's if you have only one TW that lasts longer than 15 minutes.

In half decent TWs that's true, but for the first few weeks charms won't cost very much. In our last TW my charm wasn't ticked even once.
  • UrDian - Harshlands
    UrDian - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I hope Harshlands IS NOT the first to go 1 color! The last few months of Zulu were just BORING with no competition once Kylin imploded. Anyone looking for fun TWs and an active community should come play on Harshlands. While it's inevitable that 2 or 3 strong factions will emerge, there are currently 5 or 6 that have at least a fighting chance of surviving on the map for a while.

A multi color map makes for a LOT more entertaining TWs. Hopefully PW will get their act together and add the 40v40 Faction Base Siege wars, soon!
    edited March 2011
    I hope Harshlands IS NOT the first to go 1 color! The last few months of Zulu were just BORING with no competition once Kylin imploded. Anyone looking for fun TWs and an active community should come play on Harshlands. While it's inevitable that 2 or 3 strong factions will emerge, there are currently 5 or 6 that have at least a fighting chance of surviving on the map for a while.

A multi color map makes for a LOT more entertaining TWs. Hopefully PW will get their act together and add the 40v40 Faction Base Siege wars, soon!

Zulu disbanded didn't it?

Anyways, grats on 103
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Zulu disbanded didn't it?

Zulu disbanded into Catalyst and AfterLife. Catalyst being Zulu's "core" + people they like while AfterLife is basically everyone they didn't like in Zulu.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Queequag - Archosaur
    Queequag - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I know most people hate Archosaur however it's got a suprisingly large chance of a 1 colour map on Archosaur 1 faction always dominated (Narla) they disbanded because the faction was full of drama queens that just want to be cool, thus Nemeses was formed from only the respectable players with the same leader as planned at the disband and was dominating the map again knocking out the only 2 chances of beating us Elusive (Zulusive whatever they remake as) and Darkside easily and once again that's going to happen
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Heya.

I don't know about other servers very well, but on Dreamweaver, as things stand, there is no single force strong enough to stand against Regenesis. The best geared players are split into many factions, while Regenesis is well-geared across the board, as well as possessing leadership that already allowed them to conquer the map once before. Tempest is a shell of what it used to be. Equinox did, in truth, pull off a few successful defenses before the map reset, but also experienced some crushing defeats. In addition, recently Equinox lost a handful of rather jerk-faced players who happened to be rather well-geared, so I don't see Equinox being any better off than it was before the reset. Dynasty, or any of the other mid-level factions (Spades, XBushidoX, Kindred, etc) don't currently have what it takes either. The one land Regenesis currently has is strategically placed to acquire 1K streams in under a month, just like they had before the map reset.

That being said, while rank 9 gear does dramatically increase defenses, the damage increases are even more insane. That means, its harder to survive in TW, which means, defenders have a slight edge. I've heard plenty of tales where r9 wizards are doing 20k+ damage on a disturbingly regular basis to enemy barbs and bms. With damage like that, its a lot harder to take catapults into the base. In addition, with their pushback and auto-rez, mystics should also play a role in increasing the strength of the defending faction. Furthermore, if Regenesis has to once again defend 3 ways, I believe that their progress can be slowed. However, given their history, this will not stop them permanently.

I don't think Dreamweaver will be the first to see a one-color map, but as things stand now, its only a matter of time before it does become one color. And this time, its not a vibrant green---its a murky brownish hue.

Will our server let this happen again? We shall see.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    HT will probably not be the first to get a full map. Power is too diverse among different factions.

Enrage can win any 1v1 TW, but if the top 3 factions land a TW gank, things may end out different, but even if Enrage loses 1 land, they can gain a land with ease.

Ultimately, someone will be losing lands while Enrage slowly just creeps around the map if HT got the "legendary ganking" on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited March 2011
    Heya.

I don't know about other servers very well, but on Dreamweaver, as things stand, there is no single force strong enough to stand against Regenesis. The best geared players are split into many factions, while Regenesis is well-geared across the board, as well as possessing leadership that already allowed them to conquer the map once before.

The situation is identical in RT. We have enough well geared people to at least challenge QQme, but everyone would rather stick to the faction all their friends are in...which is fine, but if you do that, you can't complain when QQme takes the map.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Surprised that HL is 3rd in votes lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Surprised that HL is 3rd in votes lol.

People are cynical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited March 2011
    RT isn't far behind HL though...
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    Amrd - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    RT because #1 faction uses multiple alt factions to try to outbid the #2 faction and trying to keep them locked up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladesaber - Dreamweaver
    Bladesaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have played both in HT and DW but only TWed on DW so i'll try to speak with what info i have. As far as HT goes Enrage(unless something changed that i haven't known about) is a strong but rather stuck-up faction -just personal opinion don't flame me for it-. Ever since Tao separated(yes i was there when Tao existed) no other faction i've seen can take em. As for DW well Regenesis is rather powerful and more then likely will control most if not all the map, however i think EQ, Tempest(maybe dunno the situation there), Dynasty, Kindrid(speaking as a member of it so maybe a little biased), and possibly either Spades or :3 will hold land. If some new faction comes with about 100 rank 9s it might pose a threat but in most cases those kinds of factions don't work.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    RT because #2 faction doesn't bid well and gets outbid by random scrub factions, and also places themselves in a position where they only have one land to bid on cause they lack any real strategy.

Fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Fixed.

2 lvl 100+ in a faction whose mains are in QQme bidding on a faction w/ 170+ members yet can still somehow outbid vicious not fakebid?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why the hell are people voting for Harshlands? The map has yet to be taken by anyone; hardly seems like a good server to bet on for this. Zulu was going to, but then this reset kinda blew it. :U
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    wut?

If you think it was fake bid, send a ticket, so GMs can look at it and go "lol no" and not do anything cause it wasn't a fake bid (at least by any QQme member)

And maybe Dylena should be dropping a bit more than 500k or w/e
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    wut?

If you think it was fake bid, send a ticket, so GMs can look at it and go "lol no" and not do anything cause it wasn't a fake bid (at least by any QQme member)

And maybe Dylena should be dropping a bit more than 500k or w/e

You seriously believe that QQme isn't fakebidding and that Dylena is only bidding 500k? Either your putting up a front or your ignorant, I believe the former. Tell me why does this "rice" faction continue to bid on land it cannot win despite it bidding tens of millions on that land if not to lock vicious in? And this rice faction is conveniently led by QQme alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Which alts? It's nice to hear such and such's guilds alts but I'd like to know the name of the alts.

Maybe bidding more than 500k, but clearly not enough.

Maybe they bid because they want to win? I can think of a few times a guild had to attack another several times before they were finally successful in their attack.

And, really, we're wasting tens of millions every week JUST to land lock Vicious? We all know we can easily win an attack against them so it's not even worth the coins. Hell some of us were talking about letting Vicious go and take some of the level 2 lands so we wont have to deal with the NPCs and can just take them.

And, even if we are fake bidding (we aren't), you have to admit that it's terrible strategy by Vicious to take one of the like, 2 lands, that only have one option for attacking after a reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Carebear drama? In MY Perfect World forums?

It's more likely than you think.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Which alts? It's nice to hear such and such's guilds alts but I'd like to know the name of the alts.

All the factions w/ the name "rice" in it.
    Maybe bidding more than 500k, but clearly not enough.

Read my last post, it was in the tens of millions.
    Maybe they bid because they want to win? I can think of a few times a guild had to attack another several times before they were finally successful in their attack.

They had 1 member show up for TW and you expect them to think they can win vs a faction of 170+ members?
    And, really, we're wasting tens of millions every week JUST to land lock Vicious? We all know we can easily win an attack against them so it's not even worth the coins. Hell some of us were talking about letting Vicious go and take some of the level 2 lands so we wont have to deal with the NPCs and can just take them.

Then tell your people making the "rice" factions with barely anyone in it to quit bidding on the only land Vicious can bid on. And yes they are your people, I'm pretty sure ShineZ and Stilleh were QQme and still have their mains in QQme.
    And, even if we are fake bidding (we aren't), you have to admit that it's terrible strategy by Vicious to take one of the like, 2 lands, that only have one option for attacking after a reset.

That I'll admit to, b/c Dylena is fail at bidding strategy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    The names of the characters not of the faction.

Crazier things have happened, and I don't think their level average is very high. A well geared 100+ could easily solo like 30-40 7x.

What do you mean.... "Your people"

No but srsly only We<3Rice is QQme ppl, the rest are just posers. Stilleh and ShineZ are mains, not alts, and dont have any chars in QQme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    The names of the characters not of the faction.

RainZ uses ShineZ ijs because they are on same account. And I'm pretty sure RainZ is your director.
    Crazier things have happened, and I don't think their level average is very high. A well geared 100+ could easily solo like 30-40 7x.

Their leader is lvl 101 and they have many lvl 90+, explain to me how a lvl 100+ can still solo that.
    What do you mean.... "Your people"

No but srsly only We<3Rice is QQme ppl, the rest are just posers. Stilleh and ShineZ are mains, not alts, and dont have any chars in QQme.

You mean RainZ is not your people?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]