Veno - Pet Raising / Trade : thks Im New

Options
arreall
arreall Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Venomancer
Hello All

Im new to PWI and i want to say right off, I am impressed with the in game community
here compared to other MMOS i have played.

Ok , that being said, heres my issue.

I have a lv 25 veno and a lv 18 veno. I didnt raise a good tank on my lv 25, just used the scorp. So i started a new veno to raise my magmite ( my intentions are to trade it to my lv 25 at lv 25, so my original char will have a tamer tank equal to his lv )

So heres the question, is pet loyalty linked to a specific player char or does it transfer from char to char once the pet is raised and traded.

Keep in mind im a complete noob to PWI, sry if its an idiotic question

Cheers
Post edited by arreall on

Comments

• Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The loyalty is linked to the pet while it is in the hatched state. If you revert your pet to an egg, it's loyalty will go to 0, regardless of if the egg changes hands.

I'm kind of curious as to why you have a second veno for the sole purpose of raising up a new pet. Level 25 isn't that high and you might as well just level your tank pet on that veno, there's really nothing to lose.

The only reason I would really create a new veno to replace a level 25 veno is if you seriously messed up your stats.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You have to egg a pet to transfer it, and loyalty resets to 0 when you egg it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i dont see the point in making the new character to raise a pet, you could have done it on your level 25.

anyways, your loyalty of your pet starts off low when you hatch it. you need to use oils (from pet merchant) to get its loyalty up, and make sure you feed your pet when his icon goes green (or any other color for that matter), or the loyalty will decrease. get your pets loyalty to max, its worth it. to prevent having to feed your pet, you can wear a tome (like a Christmas tome for example, that adds 1% crit).

loyalty is not linked in any way, it doesnt transfer from the other pet. i dont know why ur really worried about this anyways, it only costs like 10k to get your pets loyalty to max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, you didn't really need to make a new character just to level a pet. In fact, pets level way faster than players, so it honestly would have been easier just to level it on the character you already had.

You'll come to see that pet leveling is like a part-time job for a veno. I'm careful about keeping all pets up-to-date so that it doesn't get out of hand. It's still some work, but the reward is maximum pet power for your level, and that is by all means worth it.
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    when you start out with your first pet, they give you water. but water is the slowest way to raise your pets loyalty. what you need, when in the lower levels yourself, is to raise the pet loyalty faster with Seseme oil, then maintain it with either that or Peanut oil if it gets hit or dies. ***important*** when you pet takes damage, heal it right away, and give it food (the oils), to maintain its health and loyalty. for ordinary hunger, water is fine

eventually, you will get a tome from the stash box, or buy one off a shop, and that takes care of most of the feeding, other than the feeding it needs after being killed....i always use seseme oil. im always amazed at venos who fight their pet, dont heal or feed it, and wonder why it doesnt fight well.

caring for it is the answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    additionally pets gain experience from each mob you kill based on their level, not yours, if your pet has 500 loyalty and is lvl 18 when you get it, you can train it on lvl 18 mobs and get the full 15 xp per kill for the pet, regardless of what level you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if u dont plan on getting a baby hercule and a phoniex,about 100 us dollars each or 100 million game money, than get a glacial walker(land),patite sawfly(air), abysmal turtle(water) ASAP. Dark wanderer for magic attack monsters(mobs) but not needed.
    Get them to your level as soon as you get them and your game play will be easier and more fun. You get quests to increase your pet slot or buy cages from game with real money. I go with a pure magic build which is 9 magic and 1 str every other level.PROBLEM thow is low hp and takes heavier damage BUT you will never run out of mana unless soloing bosses so save those mana potions(pots).
    edit:
    MAX OUT ITS LOYALTY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory