Which server will be first to have a 1 color TW map?

Rawrgh - Raging Tide
Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
So, with the reset making TW maps a bit more colorful for now, It'll be interesting to try and guess which server will have a one color map.

My top picks: Lost City - 1 color map (I think) before reset

Raging Tide - Very large power difference between the number 1 and 2 factions. Add that the server wasn't able to really band together to make a defense to stop our map eating beast and double/triple attacks become rare.

Heaven's Tear - Stayed around a 1 color map for a few weeks before the reset.

Honestly I think between those three the first to have it will just be the one that is the most lucky with not getting outbid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
Post edited by Rawrgh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sanctuary is likely to never have a single color map... Too many active TW people, and some up-coming TW factions. Plus, I think the big factions like it being interesting. b:laugh They just like owning Arch, 1k, and the cities. b:pleased

There's been some interesting events on our TW map. Faction A attacked Faction B last Saturday, then Faction B attacked Faction A Sunday. Both won def, so I'm not sure if both decided to go alliance, or there were two no show TWs. b:laugh (I'm in one of those factions, so.... I should be able to get the story lol).

The big factions tend to keep eachother occupied, as well, which also leaves smaller, less OP factions some room to have their own little wars. XD Which is kinda how we like it. Plus, a small faction will occasionally win a land due to someone big no-showing due to 2 or 3 way def. :P
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _MysticFate_ - Heavens Tear
    _MysticFate_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Heaven's Tear - Stayed around a 1 color map for a few weeks before the reset.

I'm sorry, but I don't know where you get your information.

A "few weeks"?

Try a few months.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    LC pretty much seems to have only one dominating power

i consider RT and Arch dead servers, form what i read on forums
    so meh dunno

situation on Dreamweaver:

Regenesis has the guild roster for winning
    but i doubt that we will be first, since we are at one land only atm :P
    (assuming the first faction has to win 1 land every week)

the only real rival faction Eqinox seems to be weakened

but they have plenty of time to recover and win some TWs, like they did before (or turtle win)

tbh i prefer more of those 3 hour turtle timeout wars over owning all the map again

**** 1 color map, lets have fun! :PPP

edit:
    in a few weeks or maybe next week we will see mystics knocking cata barbs out of the base :O!
    i like potato
  • Chuck_N - Lost City
    Chuck_N - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Unless Ess replaces most of the people we lost before we start getting double attacked by Veng and Instinct, I doubt LC will be the first.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:angry went back to this thread, to see if it saved my post from earlier.. didnt..

damn systemadmin saw was i on other sites, blocked pwi site while i was posting.. realised when clicked reply b:cry

not making semi long post again..

but in short. i'll say LC.

DW have good chance, cos second best fac kinda died and their good barbs/dd's gone. not too big force now. and the new fac formed is the jerk core in lead o.o ( idk how that will end lmao)

Reg's tw force atm is very strong. unless something happen, atm tw's shouldnt be too hard 1v1.. but ya kno ganks.. never know whats gonna happen.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    All I know is if HT ends up w/ one color, and that color isn't orange.. I'm gonna rage a lot, lol.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's way, way, way too early to tell. A lot of things can happen in a year, which is the absolute minimum time it will take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Not Harshlands. The top guild split in to two different guilds, with all the geared people creating a small guild that wouldnt even be able to fill a tw. The other one is full of essentially the rejects. The other two powers will keep eachother occupied for a long time. but, I don't see Harshlands ever being a single colour with the guilds right now. I prefer it this way.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    which ever server has the most R9s.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Not Harshlands. The top guild split in to two different guilds, with all the geared people creating a small guild that wouldnt even be able to fill a tw. The other one is full of essentially the rejects. The other two powers will keep eachother occupied for a long time. but, I don't see Harshlands ever being a single colour with the guilds right now. I prefer it this way.

gratz harshlands

equal powers? the best thing a server can have xD

but balance is fragile
    i like potato
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My vote goes to HT. How many months did Enrage hold the entire map? ...yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    lolwut? Number of R9 people doesn't change much if they're in different factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2011

See.. If you have tons of R9's, they don't all get along.

So they tend to inhabit 2, 3, or more factions. Thus, they end up fighting each other, and not just owning the map. If you add R8 and R9 together, you can't fit them all into one faction anyway, at least on Sanct, so right there, you have 2 heavy hitter factions.

If you have fewer R9's and R8's on a server, and everyone can get a long, then you can have a single color TW map.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm going with Lost City since it's the only server to be dominated by a single guild twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    What's with all the votes for HL, I'd think they would be last to have a 1 color map seeing as how their dominating guild (zulu) disbanded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    LC pretty much seems to have only one dominating power

i consider RT and Arch dead servers, form what i read on forums
    so meh dunno

situation on Dreamweaver:

Regenesis has the guild roster for winning
    but i doubt that we will be first, since we are at one land only atm :P
    (assuming the first faction has to win 1 land every week)

the only real rival faction Eqinox seems to be weakened

but they have plenty of time to recover and win some TWs, like they did before (or turtle win)

tbh i prefer more of those 3 hour turtle timeout wars over owning all the map again

**** 1 color map, lets have fun! :PPP

edit:
    in a few weeks or maybe next week we will see mystics knocking cata barbs out of the base :O!

Honestly, I don't think we're even close to have a 1 color map again like it was the case before Calamity splitted. I'm not sure if it was rumors, but I heard Regenesis didn't plan on taking the WHOLE map one day. But well, if not 1 color, I think it could become 2 colors on the whole map at least xD. But well, ihmo, I think Dynasty and Equinox are more than strong enough to prevent it from happening. Tempest too, maybe.
  • AnniVenna - Archosaur
    AnniVenna - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lost for sure
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Don't you guys know

The more powerful the characters gear -->> increased ego, less capability for teamwork, mental instability, greater sense of entitlement.

Just stereotyping here. One reason all the rank 9's wont be in the same faction. A faction growing strong and dominant should create a backlash against it, an equal and opposite reaction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Don't you guys know

The more powerful the characters gear -->> increased ego, less capability for teamwork, mental instability, greater sense of entitlement.

Just stereotyping here. One reason all the rank 9's wont be in the same faction. A faction growing strong and dominant should create a backlash against it, an equal and opposite reaction.

b:chuckle I loled at this!

While I agree with it, in some cases, it's not always true. It's not true most of the time. Um, I'd like to use Legendary on Sanctuary as an example. Lots of endgame players, lots of them are 5.0, R9, -60% channeling, or a combination of such. Recipe for massive Egos, people who are self centered, and massive 'look down the nose' syndrome at lower level players? No... I've asked on WC for help for BH39/51/59 before, and after no reply, asked if there's a Bored Higher level cleric/barb/bm/anyone/whatever willing to help, and sometimes, someone from Leg will respond, and run us through. I've had several clerics from Leg help with BH59, in fact, and a BM and Archer.

It's not just limited to Legendary, a 5.0 BM from Amplified and a friend in Leg duoed the last two bosses in 1-3 for my party once after our cleric and Herc Veno quit.

There are some who have the ego trip going on. But there is still a lot of good going on as well.

Edit: I'd like to add, I've had help from people in literally every one of the big name factions on Sanctuary, Nef, Amplified, Leg, Vindi, etc., so my experience isn't limited to just one or two players from 2 factions lol ;)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    RT might be the 1st. It's not only that no other faction can match up to the top faction but there aren't enough opposing factor factions to gank them with or they are just unwilling.

We also have too few TW'ers overall as a server and I haven't known any faction to field full 80 in a TW for months now save for the top one a.k.a. QQme.

And yes TW wise,RT is pretty much done for,too many experienced players quit the game and we're left with the new generation players that you see running around with r8 +10 weaps and +2/+3 tt90/tt99 unsharded gears and complain about not being able to come charmed to TW.

R.I.P. RT b:cry
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sanct is obviously SOOO carebear, that not even R9 can fix it...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited March 2011
    Sanct is obviously SOOO carebear, that not even R9 can fix it...

I can't believe I'm saying this but....WTB character transfer from RT to sanc b:sad

We are at the point where we actually need more serious ppl and less trolls. b:surrender
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    We have lots of experienced/serious players.

They're just all in QQme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    We have lots of experienced/serious players.

They're just all in QQme.

True story. b:cry
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    True story. b:cry
    Pretty obvious why

No serious player is really gonna apply to vicious or w/e when their members show up uncharmed with no apoth and no defense charms. No one wants to be the one guy who burns up a platinum charm and apoth and defense charms in a TW only to lose because around him are a dozen people who are dying and then sitting at the respawn point asking for heals from the base buffers because they didn't bring a charm or even hp pots.

I remember hearing about people in levi meditating during TW because they didn't have MP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    QQME will be first. they havent lost a TW more than a few times last year. they would have cleared the map if the game didnt reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if it happened on several servers on the same weekend. As it is I don't see the leading guilds on RT, LC or HT not gaining a land every week unless if they get outbid or leader forgets to bid or w/e.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have hope in our server darn it b:cry

This is what I see happening in RT:

4 weeks-
    Most non-factor factions have been cleared out, or are on the verge of extinction. Top factions holding most of the land are QQme, Vicious, Vertu, Goonsquad, Varden, and Murr.

8 weeks-
    QQme is slowly starting to clamp down on map. Undefeated in TW thus far, and no factor factions have banded together to gank it. Remaining factor factions have cleansed map of non-factor factions and are warring with eachother for every bit of land they can get.

3 months-
    QQme owns all lvl 2 and 3 lands except perhaps Raging Tide and/or Dreamweaver. QQme has also landlocked at least one factor faction, probably Vicious.Bandwagoners of said landlocked faction become frustrated with lack of 5min rolls and start leaving faction. Said factor faction becomes a shell of it's former self.

5 months-
    Map looking pretty identical to how it used to look. QQme holds 85-90% of map and 2-3 factor factions war with eachother for a handful of lands.

And that's as far as I'm willing to predict. Will QQme take the whole map after this point? Hopefully not.

The only way I can see something changing is if the experience players get from the reset helps make more TW-ready players. Also TW pay returning may help because, if factions are smart, they'll have the money to help gear players.

Btw I voted for Lost City.
    Recurring theme is recurring yo.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    The only way I can see something changing is if the experience players get from the reset helps make more TW-ready players. Also TW pay returning may help because, if factions are smart, they'll have the money to help gear players.

TW pay wont be helping gear any players, if you have like, 20 lands then it MIGHT be enough to cover the charm costs of the factions members, and that's if you have only one TW that lasts longer than 15 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands
    SeaCrit_Sin - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You all actually plan on sticking around long enough to find out?

What expansion have you been playing?

b:shocked