Marketing Research: Does Duke's Token Announcement influence you to buy Packs?

Veonita - Dreamweaver
Veonita - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Please do not try to flame PWE / Packs / Sales in this Thread, it is not ment for that and I wouldn't listen to someone flaming me either.
Want to Troll?
-> Go elsewhere.

Question 1: ( Please answer in Poll )
Does Duke's Token Announcement influence you to buy Packs?

Question 2: (Please answer this one in a Post)
Would you prefer Best Luck Token Announcements to be exchanged for some more Announcments of rare Items like Gems for example?

Please vote only ONCE.
We all are able to see who voted and for what.

I belive it would be better if Duke would announce Stuff like Garnet Gems etc. instead of Best Luck Tokens.
What do you think?

From my point of view noone cares about Best Luck Tokens while SOT,LGWT or Gems are much more attractive and more of a reason to buy Packs.

Greetings Veonita
I am:
VeonitaMage Lvl 001 Mage
LadyVeonita Lvl 034 Archer
VeonitaMysti Lvl 055 Mystic
$exyAlexis Lvl 090 Cleric
$exyAIexis Lvl 092 Sin

Im in your Mind and I will never leave~
Post edited by Veonita - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Actually, yes at first it did effect me, and I purchased about 50 packs in hopes my name would appear up on a system message. Although it did effect me at the time, it hasn't since. Ever since anni packs, I've wanted the messages to go away.

To answer your second question, I want no system messages related to packs to ever be put out when someone gets anything. It's annoying as hell, and although the GMs a months back stated after they turned Duke's shouts back on, that they would turn it off... They never did. They just made the list of items he shouts smaller.
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I would love it if he could shut up completely, or just turn him off in the chat settings so the others who want to still enjoy him can do it.

If I'm in a squad that I need to follow the chat, Duke kinda ruins my gameplay and annoys me too much.

Same goes for the bidding hall... I don't know who was so smart to put it at the same time as TW... if I'm in the middle of a TW I'm not gonna go be busy with the bids lol
    Following when the TW starts it's a pain in the azz, bidding hall huge spams, together with the duke spams and some words in faction chat end up annoying me if I wanna follow that freaking little box.

When I play the game, I don't need someone spamming me with offers like a market in the street...
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It will affect the human brain, no matter if you want it or not.. its like commercials in tv.

people with tendensy to gamle or easy to get, will get attracted by all the red spam.
    Devs know that, else would be no reason at all to make duke shout.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It will affect the human brain, no matter if you want it or not.. its like commercials in tv.

people with tendensy to gamle or easy to get, will get attracted by all the red spam.
    Devs know that, else would be no reason at all to make duke shout.

This.

If they cared what we wanted, it would have been removed ages ago. We have been complaining about the Duke for who knows how long... and if anything it has only gotten worse. The spam fills my screen these days and on top of it now we have the Bidding Hall. But what it comes down to, is money. That is what they care about, and if there is even a chance that this will generate more, then this will stay. End of story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2011

No, because I know just how many packs there are opened for every one of those tokens. It just looks like they're common with the sheer amount of people opening them.

Would you prefer Best Luck Token Announcements to be exchanged for some more Announcments of rare Items like Gems for example?

I'd like to see best lucks removed from that list. Noone really cares about those. I'd prefer just some of the "higher end" items to be announced, like Scroll of Tome, Rapture chests, etc, things with the lowest % chances.
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i wish duke could be turned off.
    that is all i can say without being rude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    1.) No, it does not influence my urge to buy packs.

2.) If this was the case, it would influence me to buy packs. But I'd rather NO duke shouts at all, or a way to turn it off.

I mean, what's the point of having a checkbox for "System messages (RED)" in the UI options, if it's uncheckable? -.-
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The announcements do not in any way make me want to buy packs. What they do make me want to buy, however, is the ability to turn his messages off, account-wide. I would gladly pay to make that red spam go away. I don't read the messages, I don't care about who got what. All I see is red text spamming my chatlog (especially if I've been afk and am reading the log from when I was gone). I just scroll through it and don't read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XSheLioNx - Heavens Tear
    XSheLioNx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd prefer Duke didn't say anything at all...
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd prefer if the Wraiths invaded, killed Duke, and possibly some of the catshops in W Arch, and silenced his loud mount forever.

Ever since he started SPAMMING all chat channels, I've completely stopped buying packs, period. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • fiercerage
    fiercerage Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    23 people are clueless when I responded with this post. (Middle answer had 23)
  • Dess - Heavens Tear
    Dess - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'd prefer if the Wraiths invaded, killed Duke, and possibly some of the catshops in W Arch, and silenced his loud mount forever.

This, +100. I wish to God that they'd turn Dukes Pack announcements off, permanently. If they absolutely MUST leave him on, make it so he only shouts about WTLGs, gems, and other extremely rare items.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Nope. I buy 1 pack every blue moon, or basically when I run low on tokens. 1 pack gives me enough tokens to last me for 2 months.
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    fiercerage wrote: »
    23 people are clueless when I responded with this post. (Middle answer had 23)

Why do you say that? Some people are not influenced by every piece of marketing hype they see, and some people are able to resist the pavlovian instinct to gamble when they see someone else win.
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    He don't influence me to buy packs. Them being on sale influences me. I buy them for regular tokens to get stuff I need like wine, doalls. The last batch of Packs was the only time I ever got something other then regular tokens. I got a platnum Spirit charm. WOW.
    Still have no elusions of getting something good from them. They are just a way to get stuff slightly cheaper then in the CS or in game coin.

I only want duke to shout about events. Wraith attacks, Assult on Archo Stuff like that. So I know when to come running. I hate haveing to sift through his spam to make sure I don't miss the attacks I love.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    1. No.
    2. I don't want to see announcements of ANY kind. Period. PWI, stop being so stubborn and let us turn system messages OFF in the channel settings!
  • Megabyte_ - Heavens Tear
    Megabyte_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011

No, because I know just how many packs there are opened for every one of those tokens. It just looks like they're common with the sheer amount of people opening them.

I'd like to see best lucks removed from that list. Noone really cares about those. I'd prefer just some of the "higher end" items to be announced, like Scroll of Tome, Rapture chests, etc, things with the lowest % chances.

^^ This... Though it would be great if we had the option to turn off Duke Shouts altogether. As many have stated, it becomes problematic in squads, faction, etc when suddenly a wall of red text appears b:surrender
    edited March 2011
    1. No.
    2. I don't want to see announcements of ANY kind. Period. PWI, stop being so stubborn and let us turn system messages OFF in the channel settings!

Some Announcements are important. Duke shouts on the GM channel if I'm not mistaken. I know he used to atleast. So people would end up missing the announcements that the server is going down for some reason. 1st time that happens the forums will blow up from not being told that the servers was going down. When in fact everyone QQing was told they just had it turned off.

They need to get all noncrucial and nonevent announcements off that channel.
  • AnniVenna - Archosaur
    AnniVenna - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011

>this
    I say we kidnap him and throw him to the wraiths ourselves, even they must be tired of his constant whining
  • Din_Toran - Sanctuary
    Din_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I want Duke to stop spamming the packs and get back to the normal announcements. You remember when all he shouted about was wraith attacks, weddings, and Herc/Nix acquisition? Those were the good days.

Either shut him up, or make it so I can turn off pack announcements.

(h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.

Yeah, I'd say he's in violation.
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Does not influence me, i'm not a big cash shopper. Just wish there was a option to turn his chat off, for those who really don't care about him. If he stays there though, yeah..maybe just announce rarer items..Who really cares who won a Baby snow hare O.O
    edited March 2011
    >this
    I say we kidnap him and throw him to the wraiths ourselves, even they must be tired of his constant whining

Why do you think they are always attacking archo.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes, but only when it was announcing the good stuff.... primarily during the first few Annipack sales. After? No.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My initial response was "darn, that person has great luck!" when I saw the same person win a few things but after two seconds of thought I realized how many 100's of pack people are spamming to win multiple times. That thought made me more nauseous and want to avoid packs. When you see someone winning its because of bulk, not luck.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • jaanyoo
    jaanyoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I log in game after a few months of inactivity..

I log Right back out as soon as I see the red blocks of text in world chat.

b:bye
  • Saving_Grace - Raging Tide
    Saving_Grace - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't think I've ever been influenced by any commercial at all. If they are funny and entertaining I watch/read them, and 5 mins later I already forgot what it was about. If not I simply skip 'em or switch the channel.
    In the case of Duke's yapping... I already stated on these forums several times that I recognize this model of boosting sales. Brainwashing with constant messages of exactly the same content goes as far back as the 1st war world propaganda that some countries perfected to 100% efficiency later on. It's funny to see it still works in USA (and some other countries for that matter) on mass scale (in in both military and sales purposes), and every huge company there relies to brainwashed masses. In addition to that, it's also very efficient in Perfect World.
    That said, I would never vote to shut Duke up. Let him speak!! Let fools pay me 1.5mil per Gold I payed 400 coin last week. Helps me gearing up faster, which is really a pain in the neck for me, because No gear or big coin comes from stuff I enjoy doing.
    I would however vote for option of Duke filter so that I can hide him, but that would give the option to others which means we have less brains washed = cheaper Gold = no good for me!
    b:laughb:chuckle
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No..I just hate the red text,but as a merchant it shows me who the gamblers are and who I'll sell my gold to lol.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    it doesnt influence me because i have had not-so-good luck with things of this nature in other games, im not going to waste my money on getting fail items from packs here, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm getting better at tuning out duke day by day. Red chat is automatically skipped by my eyes.
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Dukes announcements are actually starting to agrivate me...what's next his going to announce when a users uses the restroom? b:surrender

So no, his announcements did not influence me to buy any packs, just agrivated me with the red wall of spam.

And to this question.:

And no i would prefer Duke to shut the heck up once in a while.. Only announce when someone gets a lunar item or something....not the best token of luck. God. b:angry