Which server should I choose?

suricatsu
suricatsu Posts: 4
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well, I just downloaded the PWI client and I'd like to know in which server should I play

I have friends both in Archosaur and Heavens Tear, and I don't know if any of these servers have problems with lag or full server.

Well, I'm asking this because I never played here in PWI, but I play PW in the brazilian server since 2010 and I have an average knowledge of the game.

Well then, what do you suggest me? Archosaur or Heavens Tear?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• suricatsu
    edited March 2011
    UP, I just fixed the text (I didn't see before it was a blank post xD)
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Archosaur has one of the lowest populations of any of the servers. That being said, it's a good server if you can find a nice faction. If you can't... have fun world chatting and begging for squads.

It won't have extreme problems with lag (aside from West Archosaur, which is always a lagfest) and it's definitely not a full server.
  • suricatsu
    edited March 2011
    ouch, I wouldn't like to beg for a squad xD

is Heavens Tear a most populous server then?
  • AnniVenna - Archosaur
    AnniVenna - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Arch server is the newest out of all of them
    Heaven's Tear sever is one of the first if i remember correctly and its alot more crowded
    I started out on HT and back then it was a fun server, not sure about now though
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Archo has a far more self-sufficiant economy, with a lesser problem with lag :D (in the most part.... but as stated before, in the west of Archro it's always filled with lag; no matter the server)
    Heaven's Tear has one of the worst economies, as well as a rather full server :/. There's no problem with 'good' factions; there's actually more of a surplus here.... But if you want to get anywhere in this game, you need money... and with an economy like this; good luck :). HT is often the first to hit 1million coins for 1 gold b:shocked (so.. 1million coins = $1..... it's like hyper-inflation)
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    suricatsu wrote: »
    Well, I just downloaded the PWI client and I'd like to know in which server should I play

I have friends both in Archosaur and Heavens Tear, and I don't know if any of these servers have problems with lag or full server.
    As far as I'm aware, there's never been a "full server" problem on any of the servers.
    suricatsu wrote: »
    Well then, what do you suggest me? Archosaur or Heavens Tear?
    Those are both West Coast PvE servers. Heaven's Tear is one of the original West Coast servers, while Archosaur is the newest server. This is just a guess, but based on their age difference, I'd think finding more experienced players and rare items would be a bit easier on Heaven's Tear, while ranking higher on the server would be easier on Archosaur. Heaven's Tear will probably have more players, which most likely means easier to create squads but harder to rank highly at events, while Archosaur will likely be the other way around.

I'd base your decision on which of those things sound more appealing to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • suricatsu
    edited March 2011
    wow, that's a lot of replies, thank you very much *-*

well, I didn't like the fact of HT's economy to be that way described as "hyper-inflation", it worries me because I want to play here hoping not to spend much money (because in the PWBR, where I came from, if you don't spend rivers of money, you won't get to anywhere =/), and I wouldn't like to spend much money to play and have fun on TW later in the game.
    Well, I can see Archo is the best server for me, it's new, but I don't want do be top at all (because to be top, I suppose I'll need do spend a large ammount of money...), but I want to start little, to equip myself without spending that much.

Well, thanks everyone for you oppinion, it was a great help for me ^^