mystics for tt farming?

Stipulation - Heavens Tear
Stipulation - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
What level will be decent for a mystic to farm tt in a group?

Also, which one should I be looking for runs in? (pref. lots of demand for items that are somewhat easy to get but sell cheap (er))

Mystics imo provide a mostly support role, but I think should be used in conjunction with a cleric in tt runs.

Im just wondering what level I should be to start farming tt for money properly.

Any and all input would be appreciated =]

EDIT: tl;dr, what level should I be to run tts in a group, what level should i be + gear needed, if ever, be able to run solo
Post edited by Stipulation - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The same level as the rest of the squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • trololololololll
    trololololololll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    And what level will that be?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you can start TT at level 60 in 1-1. but if you want to go for making money, level 70+ TTs are better for that (1-2, 2-1), and the higher level TT the better (in most cases, anyways). pretty much, as long as your with a squad, the minimum level for that TT should be good enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • trololololololll
    trololololololll Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you can start TT at level 60 in 1-1. but if you want to go for making money, level 70+ TTs are better for that (1-2, 2-1), and the higher level TT the better (in most cases, anyways). pretty much, as long as your with a squad, the minimum level for that TT should be good enough.

What, in your opinion would be the best class for TTing? besides veno, (cant afford a herc, only have 43m on HT server =[) Im considering making a cleric then getting ff runs up till 70. Is that a good idea? Also I cant afford any 4-5 APS classes :P
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What, in your opinion would be the best class for TTing? besides veno, (cant afford a herc, only have 43m on HT server =[) Im considering making a cleric then getting ff runs up till 70. Is that a good idea? Also I cant afford any 4-5 APS classes :P

if by TTing in teams, then cleric or barb. but solo, yes veno wins with a herc. 5 APS are everywhere, you can find a DD for TT more easily than you can find a barb or cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Alleia - Dreamweaver
    Alleia - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Firstly, don't hijack a thread. Your post doesn't answer the OP's question, it veers off onto a discussion of other TT-farming worthy classes. Start your own thread for more answers.

As for your comment about rolling a Cleric - not for TT farming. This from personal experience, even with -chan gear takes too long and repairs are too costly - especially if you're trying to farm a 1x at level 70. You aren't able to solo into the good TT-3's, and until a much higher level can you get into 2-1 and 2-2. You'd be stuck farming TT 1x's and they are mostly useless for mats since you can't do squad mode. Roll a Herc Veno or -int class.

OP's original question - You should be farming mats at the normal level you start TT's. Other posters are correct - the 70's mats sell much better and at more cost than anything for the 60's, especially since too many classes can easily farm these.

Not quite sure you will ever be able to solo, depending on your build and gear later on. Problem being that I'm unsure how Mystics 'pull' and to clear a TT you (or your pet) need to be able to either take the hits of multiple mobs at once or pull each one (and Zealing them all is absolute insanity).

When it comes to squad TT's I'm not sure where Mystics will fall in the 'loot division' at the end of the TT run - it all depends on how much support you've provided since usually Clerics and Barbs/Tank get first pick. Stick with the normal ranges of squads and you will do fine.