WTB The top the girl is wearing in the "bing" offers picture.

sarahhowells
sarahhowells Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
kthxbai. b:dirtyb:dirty
Post edited by sarahhowells on

Comments

• Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't mind that as fashion either. :3

They are really getting a lot of millage out of that picture. o.o;;
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    so like whats the catch to the bing offers thing? there has to be some catch. cuz if everyone can reap off of a free 327 gold then gold prices will be lowered significantly...
  • angelmunchkin
    angelmunchkin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    so like whats the catch to the bing offers thing? there has to be some catch. cuz if everyone can reap off of a free 327 gold then gold prices will be lowered significantly...

That's 3 gold and 27 silver. >_>,

EDIT: And that offer requires installation of third party software, which is probably pack full of all kinds of goodies...
    Like adware, browser hijackers, and perhaps, a few of your very own hidden running processes monitoring your every move online and slowing down your web surfing enjoyment. Yep, sounds like it's worth a whopping 3g, 27s to me.
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, FFXI.
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011

EDIT: And that offer requires installation of third party software, which is probably pack full of all kinds of goodies...
    Like adware, browser hijackers, and perhaps, a few of your very own hidden running processes monitoring your every move online and slowing down your web surfing enjoyment. Yep, sounds like it's worth a whopping 3g, 27s to me.

Oh I deff don't doubt the fact that its full of fun hidden ****. Did something similar on another website and when I tried to uninstal it the program uninstalled everything else including my antivirus program. Took over 3 hours of technical support from Bell just to reinstal my antivirus program and get things some what back to normal.

I can't even do the offer since im in Canada b:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Nelphan - Heavens Tear
    Nelphan - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Actually it's 327 zen (around 3 gold).

Also I didn't see the Bing offer when I visited the offer page. I only get the one from Nokia and Web.com b:puzzled
  • Aio - Lost City
    Aio - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    requires installation of third party software.Like adware, browser hijackers, and perhaps, a few of your very own hidden running processes monitoring your every move online and slowing down your web surfing enjoyment.

You do realize that it was made by Microsoft? You even download it all from a Microsoft website, your computer OS is even made by Microsoft, and you've also probably used Microsoft Office at some point in time.

And lets be honest, anyone that still uses IE nowadays is an idiot. Firefox/Chrome/Opera w/e is incredibly faster then IE. So installing a toolbar for a search engine I never use, in a web browser I never use, made by a software company that has come up with a lot of great things but can't seem to make a web browser thats worth a damn thing is very much worth 5 minutes of time (if even that) and 3 gold, 27 silver.
  • Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide
    Vasto_Lorde - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Id <3 to have that fash on my veno b:sinb:mischievousb:chuckle if ya know what i mean ;D
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ...does that technically count as a "top"?

or even as "wearing"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Damn it !
    As always "Unfortunately there are currently no offers available for your country. Please try again later."
    FYI i'm from Bulgaria
    Will that ever be fixed or i will stay poor forever ?
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • sarahhowells
    edited March 2011
    Damn it !
    As always "Unfortunately there are currently no offers available for your country. Please try again later."
    FYI i'm from Bulgaria

I vote 2nd option.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Damn it !
    FYI i'm from Bulgaria

Don't feel too bad. My offers page looks nothing like the screenshot and I see nothing about Bing on it. (And I'm in the USA.)

PWE is good at announcing things too soon sometimes. b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • sarahhowells
    edited March 2011
    Don't feel too bad. My offers page looks nothing like the screenshot and I see nothing about Bing on it. (And I'm in the USA.)

PWE is good at announcing things too soon sometimes. b:sad

Took me 3 minutes to do it, and my offers page is always filled up...
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    WTB: The girl in the pic...minus the top. b:dirty
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • angelmunchkin
    angelmunchkin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    You do realize that it was made by Microsoft? You even download it all from a Microsoft website, your computer OS is even made by Microsoft, and you've also probably used Microsoft Office at some point in time.

And lets be honest, anyone that still uses IE nowadays is an idiot. Firefox/Chrome/Opera w/e is incredibly faster then IE. So installing a toolbar for a search engine I never use, in a web browser I never use, made by a software company that has come up with a lot of great things but can't seem to make a web browser thats worth a damn thing is very much worth 5 minutes of time (if even that) and 3 gold, 27 silver.

Microsoft isn't beyond loading your computer down with stuff to watch your internet activities. It may not have viruses or annoying pop-ups, but it has other useless processes that allow it to send information back to Microsoft. Those processes, even if you don't use IE, will load at startup, unless you go into msconfig and disable them. So, if you feel confident in your ability to disable it's processes, then maybe it's worth trying.

And, I don't use IE either... too slow. I use Firefox.
    "People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a demon to shame... We all stand precariously on the edge between darkness and light... And when we fall, we are greeted by only madness and chaos." ~Raogrimm: Galkan Talekeeper, FFXI.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011

LOL "pack full of goodies"
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Microsoft isn't beyond loading your computer down with stuff to watch your internet activities. It may not have viruses or annoying pop-ups, but it has other useless processes that allow it to send information back to Microsoft. Those processes, even if you don't use IE, will load at startup, unless you go into msconfig and disable them. So, if you feel confident in your ability to disable it's processes, then maybe it's worth trying.

And, I don't use IE either... too slow. I use Firefox.

1 Microsoft can not monitor your activities unless you give them permission. 2 their TOS must state that a program will monitor you and send info back to them. If they do not they can be sued by the users. The can have charges brought up on them. They aren't one of those scamming download sites on the net. They are a licensed business and are govern by the laws of the US. That is why every program they make ASK if you would like to participate in monitoring to help make the program better. By clicking no the program is not allowed to send them anything. If it did the legal stuff goes into affect again.
  • Din_Toran - Sanctuary
    Din_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Lets see... hmmm.... Microsoft.....

Win 3.1
    Win 98SE
    WinME
    Windows Vista
    IE (version does not matter)
    Windows Mail
    Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger/whatever they are trying to pass it off as now (the MOST buggy and easiest to ****/hijack/send you viruses of ANY messaging client out there.)
    Windows Defender
    And their latest and greatest **** up.......
    Microsoft Security Essentials

Yeah, we should trust stuff from Microsoft....... NOT

Edit: and Yeah, that top is hot. I'd also like to know what the outfit the Dragon Orb chic is wearing is.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    1 Microsoft can not monitor your activities unless you give them permission. 2 their TOS must state that a program will monitor you and send info back to them. If they do not they can be sued by the users. The can have charges brought up on them. They aren't one of those scamming download sites on the net. They are a licensed business and are govern by the laws of the US. That is why every program they make ASK if you would like to participate in monitoring to help make the program better. By clicking no the program is not allowed to send them anything. If it did the legal stuff goes into affect again.

You've obviously never dealt with Apple.

They're subject to the same laws as everyone else, and they completely ignore them time and again. Nothing's stopping MS to be the same way.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011

*Stares at IE icon on my desktop*

b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Brus - Lost City
    Brus - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So only Americans can get that bonus?
    Isn't that a bit racist lol

But meh everybody knows that "Nothing comes for free" so maybe it's better that way.
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2011

But meh everybody knows that "Nothing comes for free" so maybe it's better that way.

Racist? No.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    *Stares at IE icon on my desktop*

b:cry

take heart; Internet Explorer does have one good use...

...to navigate to getfirefox.com and download an actual web browser onto a brand new install of MS Windows. b:laugh

(seriously, if it doesn't come with adblocking as a plug-in at the very least, then it isn't a functional web browser IMO. javascript/flash blocking isn't really optional either, and a LSO cleaner is quite nice to have as well. firefox has 'em. unless IE does, i won't think of it as a browser.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011

...to navigate to getfirefox.com and download an actual web browser onto a brand new install of MS Windows. b:laugh

(seriously, if it doesn't come with adblocking as a plug-in at the very least, then it isn't a functional web browser IMO. javascript/flash blocking isn't really optional either, and a LSO cleaner is quite nice to have as well. firefox has 'em. unless IE does, i won't think of it as a browser.)

I unfortunetally have to use IE. Some of my game sites still dont support anything but IE and dont work right on anything else.b:angry God damn it sites catch up with the rest of us in the 21st century.
    edited March 2011

I've tried all the other browsers but I'm so used to IE and all the other ones are actually really slow. When people say IE sucks I always wonder what the hell they're using, because it gets me from website A to website B relatively fast and without a problem. I guess I'm just happy to use the internet rather than worry about why I don't have FireFox or Opera or whatever b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FallenSnow - Raging Tide
    FallenSnow - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Damn it !
    FYI i'm from Bulgaria

like 3 golds gonna make u rich -_-
    retired 11/11/2009 cause of packs. came back 8 months later just to realise it got worse. retired second time 10/11/2010.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    American isn't a race. Also, as far as I can see, you don't have to be an American, you just have to be in the United States. ;-D

Now, have you considered a vacation in the US? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
    edited March 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Now, have you considered a vacation in the US? b:chuckle

Are you implying that someone gain something by bending the rules and going to US only to do the US only offers?
    Oh Sangodoc, you funny man, you.

Also, no one should come to US to vacation, i'd go somewhere with less morbidly obese people b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear
    Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Are you implying that someone gain something by bending the rules and going to US only to do the US only offers?
    Oh Sangodoc, you funny man, you.

Also, no one should come to US to vacation, i'd go somewhere with less morbidly obese people b:surrender

Yea idiot cuz who knows the fat american might eat you.
    edited March 2011
    Yea idiot cuz who knows the fat american might eat you.

I'm from the US, I'm just stating we have a higher rate of morbidly obese people than other countries. And we all know the only good thing about US is Disney World/Land. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rider2011
    rider2011 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I made an account on the web site but I can't log in to perfect world my friend downloaded it on computer but i wanted to make my own so when I get my computer from the shop we can log in together I need some help