An idea to make TW bidding/reward better.

Options
MagicEmpress - Lost City
MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
Totally different from the other thread(s) and not a complaint....

Defending. A good defense should be rewarded. As it stands now the if the attacking faction wins they get the territory. If the defender wins they get to keep it but gain nothing. They simply "maintain". They would get the territory coin if there was no battle.

My idea:

If the defender holds the territory they should recieve whatever the winning bid of the attacking faction was in addition to the 10 (or 20 or 30) million territory coin.

This way the succussful defenders actually gain something from fighting other than just "maintaining".

It would be better than just having the game "eat" the coin.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Post edited by MagicEmpress - Lost City on

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can't even imagine what the QQ would be like if this happened.

Well, I can, and it would be pretty bad.

Defending land is a pretty big part of TW, you get to keep your 10mil a week, and IMO that's good enough.

Besides, this would make fake bidding easier.

Have alt faction bid 200mil on your land.

Roll alt faction in 5 minutes

Keep the 200mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hmm...

I see the point. I didn't consider dishonest bidding.

Well then maybe a penalty for the attacking loser. The losing attacking faction can't bid to attack any of the winning faction's terriory for one week. That gives the succussful defenders something.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Well then maybe a penalty for the attacking loser. The losing attacking faction can't bid to attack any of the winning faction's terriory for one week. That gives the succussful defenders something.

Sure .. but in return if the defender loses then they shouldn't be able to defend any other lands they have the week after .. Sounds fair no ?

Defenders get a 10mil+ " prize " for defending land. Nothing else is needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I like how it is currently, to be honest. And as I see it, when we successfully defend our territory, we ARE getting rewarded - we still get to recieve that land's reward for another week.

And the other faction that attacked us - they were defeated, and "punished" : they lost the money they used to bid against us.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Morrzan - Sanctuary
    Morrzan - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Didn't TW used to be like that? Winners recieved the bids and the weekly 10/20/30m? They changed it because of fake bidding.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Didn't TW used to be like that? Winners recieved the bids and the weekly 10/20/30m? They changed it because of fake bidding.

No, I don't believe it was.

Attacking faction got their money back if they won the TW and lost it if they lost the TW. Defending faction, if they won, was rewarded by the rewards for owning the territory, nothing more.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No, I don't believe it was.

Attacking faction got their money back if they won the TW and lost it if they lost the TW. Defending faction, if they won, was rewarded by the rewards for owning the territory, nothing more.

Defenders used to receive 90% of the bid from unsuccessful attacks. This was part of why fake bidding was rampant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Defenders used to receive 90% of the bid from unsuccessful attacks. This was part of why fake bidding was rampant.

And now I know b:victory

Though I'm fairly certain that knowledge is useless now b:chuckle