Unbinding Charms

Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Suggestion Box
Alright I know that there have been a million of these threads but seriously, don't tell me to use the searchbar.

Binding is 50 silver ea. Why not make a unbinding charm for 50 silver aswell for Genesis?

You're still making profit.. I don't like the fact that once its bound its yours forever.
Post edited by Elemental_w - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Alright I know that there have been a million of these threads

Then why are you bringing it up yet AGAIN? They already saw the suggestion before. It was ignored. Deal with it.
    I don't like the fact that once its bound its yours forever.

And I don't like the fact that people like you keep reposting the same suggestions over and over all the time, when you KNOW the devs will ignore them. But anyways, that's the whole point of bound equipment. You're not supposed to give it to others. Their game, their rules, their way of playing it.

And I -am- telling you to search before posting a suggestion again. The mods will tell you the exact same thing.
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    telling PWE that "they'll still make a profit" won't get you listened to. if you could tell them "you'll make an EVEN BIGGER profit", you might have their ear. hence any potential unbinding charm would have to be priced at more than what the bound item is worth to replace, because right now their profit from binding charms is 50 silver plus whatever it takes to make a new item when the player no longer wants the bound one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Be happy its not like jade dynasty.

Mounts are bound if you use them
    Fashion is bound if you wear it
    Heck, most important items are untradable

Just think, it could be worse than PWI has.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Xcecutioner - Dreamweaver
    Xcecutioner - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think we should have a unbinding charm for unbinding the stuff that we bind ONLY, because we only use bind when it come to pvp and to prevent hackers. But u cant not use the unbind charm to unbind stuff that comes bind already. What do u guys think about that?
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think we should have a unbinding charm for unbinding the stuff that we bind ONLY, because we only use bind when it come to pvp and to prevent hackers. But u cant not use the unbind charm to unbind stuff that comes bind already. What do u guys think about that?
    now think about it if we have unbind charms, a hacker cant get on ur account buy unbind charms and unbind all ur stuff to steal them. it will completely take out the hacker safety concept of binding. also to the op. if you seen this topic b4 y repost it, since you are obviously going to get the same result as b4.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It would defeat the whole purpose of bound equipment. It's not meant to be unbinded.
  • High_aim - Dreamweaver
    High_aim - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    now think about it if we have unbind charms, a hacker cant get on ur account buy unbind charms and unbind all ur stuff to steal them. it will completely take out the hacker safety concept of binding. also to the op. if you seen this topic b4 y repost it, since you are obviously going to get the same result as b4.

I agree to u both but if a hacker get into your account and he buy unbinding charm he gonna have to get pass the code to take off the gears or weapon. If there was a unbinding charm they should be more worth then 50 silver so that it be kinda harder to get.
  • MisTiLady - Harshlands
    MisTiLady - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011

A Hacker cant steal them even if they unbind them, cuz they cant trade,drop,mail,AH, etc.

Also, it does not defeat the purpose of bound equipment. If i choose to bind an item using a binding charm, its mainly because i dont want to drop it in pvp. So if i can do that, then i should be able to have an unbind charm to unbind the item i bound so i can give it to another one of my characters via acct. stash etc. Though, the items that are meant to be bound on equip (TT Gold items) will not be able to be unbound using an unbind charm.

Of course the binding charms are 50s, so why not make the unbind charms 1G.

You developers really need to consider this, instead of comming up with more ideas for packs...seriously.
  • Kawaiidesune - Lost City
    Kawaiidesune - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A Hacker cant steal them even if they unbind them, cuz they cant trade,drop,mail,AH, etc.
    Of course the binding charms are 50s, so why not make the unbind charms 1G. .

not that hard if they use the players money that they **** to buy the charm. >,>
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    not that hard if they use the players money that they **** to buy the charm. >,>

Safety lock. That and making sure you have a gold trading password/bank password that's different from your account password.
  • BluntTrauma - Harshlands
    BluntTrauma - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If i choose to bind an item using a binding charm, its mainly because i dont want to drop it in pvp. So if i can do that, then i should be able to have an unbind charm to unbind the item i bound so i can give it to another one of my characters via acct. stash etc.

ummm, just so you know you CAN acct stash bound items.... and if ANYTHING, the unbinding charm should be like 10G, not a measly 1G. itll make you think more before binding an item, and the devs might see an interest in it being so pricey now that everyone wants to unbind everything.