Need confirmation on APS with CotD

Options
_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Assassin
Hi everyone,

I just recently hit 99 and got my first taste of 5 APS, which is quite lovely b:dirty

But on topic, I'm having difficulty calculating my APS with Chill of the Deep and demon spark.

I'm calculating this because I'm thinking about possibly restat-ing to use Deicides to help me farm in areas with level 150 bosses. I found that 5aps sparked Deicides hits around the same, if not more, damage than 3.33 sparked Hook and Thorn on ? leveled bosses. Both of them on pure dex build. And if I restat to strength and used Chill of the Deep and still have 5APS sparked, it might be a lot better farming with this than daggers.

Right now I'm 4 aps unsparked with Deicides, and when I turn 100 and get the rank 8 top, I'll be 5 unsparked.

Now that I've explained that, I was wondering, what would my APS be with Demon Chill of the Deep and demon spark?

This is what I've guessed, and I want to know if I'm correct. I know that level 10 CotD cuts your APS in half.

So 5APS * 0.5 = 2.5, meaning level 10 CotD takes 0.5 off of APS (1-0.5 = 0.5). If we divide this by 10, each level of chill is 0.05 off of APS. Since demon CotD is the same % reduction as level 7 (70%), then it's safe to say that the total amount off of APS would be 0.05 * 7, or 0.35. So 1-0.35 = 0.65, which should be our multiplier on our APS

Doing this, 5 APS * 0.65 = 3.25.

From the list of APS for fists/daggers (1.43, 1.67, 1.82, 2.00, 2.22, 2.50, 2.86, 3.33, 4.00, 5.00), 3.25 is closest to 3.33.

So I'm guessing that with 5 APS unsparked, I'll be at 3.33 APS unsparked with demon Chill of the Deep on, meaning when I spark I'll be at 5 again.

This is my gear

http://pwcalc.com/746d4dfec4ac9c36 (top and bottom is r7 at the moment, but at 100 turning to r8)

Thank you in advanced!

And before anyone says "Why are you going to use claws on a sin? Do that on a BM" or "Roll a BM if you're going to use claws on a character", I want to say no. I love assassins and the options I have with them. I do not need your opinion b:angry
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Now that I've explained that, I was wondering, what would my APS be with Demon Chill of the Deep and demon spark?

This is what I've guessed, and I want to know if I'm correct. I know that level 10 CotD cuts your APS in half.

So 5APS * 0.5 = 2.5, meaning level 10 CotD takes 0.5 off of APS (1-0.5 = 0.5). If we divide this by 10, each level of chill is 0.05 off of APS. Since demon CotD is the same % reduction as level 7 (70%), then it's safe to say that the total amount off of APS would be 0.05 * 7, or 0.35. So 1-0.35 = 0.65, which should be our multiplier on our APS

Doing this, 5 APS * 0.65 = 3.25.

From the list of APS for fists/daggers (1.43, 1.67, 1.82, 2.00, 2.22, 2.50, 2.86, 3.33, 4.00, 5.00), 3.25 is closest to 3.33.

So I'm guessing that with 5 APS unsparked, I'll be at 3.33 APS unsparked with demon Chill of the Deep on, meaning when I spark I'll be at 5 again.

You're about as wrong there as you can be. No offense.

Attack Speed buffs and debuffs aren't taken out of your attack rate, but out of your attack interval. If you had 5 aps unsparked, that means a 0.2 attack interval.

Also, attack speed buffs don't stack, but a debuff and a buff do. They stack additively: Demon Spark is -25%, Level 10 Chill of the Deep is +100%, so together they're +75%.

With 0.2 Attack Interval, Demon Spark and level 10 CotD, you'd thus be looking at 0.2*1.75 = 0.35, which equals to 2.86 aps.

To get 5 aps with Chill of the Deep, you need: 0.15 attack interval and Level 7 Chill of the Deep or Demon Chill of the Deep. That means that you need every single piece of -interval in the game.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    CoD works weird with interval, it ends up doubling the effect of interval and halfing the effect of demon spark, if you get full interval gear every piece you will be 4.0 unsparked and 5.0 sparked up if your missing a piece of interval youw ill be 2.86 unsparked and 3.33 sparked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ah, thank you VERY much Olbaze for the confirmation. I was very confused on how CotD worked with interval gear and demon spark, and now I finally got an answer.

Guess I gotta play around with aps a bit XD

No offense taken! I had a great feeling I was wrong.
  • Toneshifter - Harshlands
    Toneshifter - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Cotd action click here.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    XD That video was why I was thinking about CotD with spark