Duels from BM perspective

Yulk_owns - Lost City
Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
From my own experience, mid level ofc and somewhat low level... I used BM (Yulk alt) which was fist/sword/pole. I have to say, like around 85% of the battles was won b:chuckle . I must have been really quick yeah. Anyway, onto the points from easiest to hardest. (never fought wiz because they were rare, haven't found any, and ofc earthguards cause I deleted Yulk before expansion)

Barbarian: Longest to take down, but pretty much the easiest to me IMHO, they can't really stun lock or do much damage (me using HA ofc) I can just wear down his HP and take him out with combo from stun locking.

Archer: They are easiest to take down IMHO. However, winged shell will delay that, while they have ranged and can kite with metal attacks which can be pretty much annoying and lead to losing. But going in their faces with catching skills is pretty much over for them.

Assassin: I do not see the reason why stealth is so "OP" when its not, since they mostly melee, pretty much ranged attacks will take them out pretty much, they have one and I have 3, even when they do hit me, it is hard for a PHYSICAL attack. But still, I never really lose to assassins and not really get hurt that much.

Cleric: If I stun lock them, they can't do anything but lose, but if stun fails, their IH will recover back while they kite unless if I chain crits or manage to keep hitting them while their def is low. Funny they plume shot me most often b:chuckle

Psy: I honestly have to say say, i have the least win ratio from here besides veno, they cast really fast and pretty much first hitter wins. I have to make sure I do not get hit as much either and take minimum magic hits because of the soul retaliation. So its 50:50.

BM: OFC, with multipath, should be complex, oddly I won a lot of them fights, but yeah, it shouldn't be that way.

Veno: I really can't stand fighting veno, I only won once from them (that was from them being too much brag like and when they got focused, I lost pretty fast). As far as veno (in a better potential OFC) knows how to play a little bit, pretty sure I don't think stun locking will even help (stun locks interrupt from pet). Befuddling mist can make me miss pretty often. After 3 losses, I stopped looking to duel veno b:surrender
I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Yulk_owns - Lost City on

Comments

• ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver
    ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm not sure why, but I always start laughing when I read your posts.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    First, I don't get it when you say Barbs are easiest. Then saying archers are the easiest for you.

Second, since your BM never even got passed 49, and assuming that you only dueled your levels.. clearly the assassins haven't unlocked their full potential. Go get to 90 and duel a sin who has -interval, maxed focused mind, tidal protection, stealth, power dash, stuns, and water buff. Duel a sin who knows how to glitch and strike at the right time.

Third, I really don't think anyone would really care about mid level dueling so why bother posting?

I'm not sure why, but I always start laughing when I read your posts.

^+1

Goody goody, a Mid-levelduel guide from Yule. We all will benefit from a noob's point of view on duels 8D

^+1
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    From my own experience, mid level ofc and somewhat low level... I used BM (Yulk alt) which was fist/sword/pole. I have to say, like around 85% of the battles was won b:chuckle . I must have been really quick yeah. Anyway, onto the points from easiest to hardest. (never fought wiz because they were rare, haven't found any, and ofc earthguards cause I deleted Yulk before expansion)

Barbarian: Longest to take down, but pretty much the easiest to me IMHO, they can't really stun lock or do much damage (me using HA ofc) I can just wear down his HP and take him out with combo from stun locking.

Archer: They are easiest to take down IMHO. However, winged shell will delay that, while they have ranged and can kite with metal attacks which can be pretty much annoying and lead to losing. But going in their faces with catching skills is pretty much over for them.

Assassin: I do not see the reason why stealth is so "OP" when its not, since they mostly melee, pretty much ranged attacks will take them out pretty much, they have one and I have 3, even when they do hit me, it is hard for a PHYSICAL attack. But still, I never really lose to assassins and not really get hurt that much.

Cleric: If I stun lock them, they can't do anything but lose, but if stun fails, their IH will recover back while they kite unless if I chain crits or manage to keep hitting them while their def is low. Funny they plume shot me most often b:chuckle

Psy: I honestly have to say say, i have the least win ratio from here besides veno, they cast really fast and pretty much first hitter wins. I have to make sure I do not get hit as much either and take minimum magic hits because of the soul retaliation. So its 50:50.

BM: OFC, with multipath, should be complex, oddly I won a lot of them fights, but yeah, it shouldn't be that way.

Veno: I really can't stand fighting veno, I only won once from them (that was from them being too much brag like and when they got focused, I lost pretty fast). As far as veno (in a better potential OFC) knows how to play a little bit, pretty sure I don't think stun locking will even help (stun locks interrupt from pet). Befuddling mist can make me miss pretty often. After 3 losses, I stopped looking to duel veno b:surrender
    Goody goody, a Mid-levelduel guide from Yulk, the bm that never got past 49 and only dueled players who haven't unlocked half their useful skills. We all will benefit from a noob's point of view on duels 8D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    I deleted Yulk at LVL52 b:bye, I have another BM at 51. And another at 52, and another at 79. b:bye
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    ^But everything you say describes 5x duels.

You should be able to beat every class and/or tie with a sin at 79 if your as good as you say. I beat venos and psys in "duels" just fine at 79.

Oh yah, wiz at 89 with high refined aqua dash, undine strike, maxed force of will and BIDS is pretty scary.
    edited March 2011
    I deleted Yulk at LVL52 b:bye, I have another BM at 51. And another at 52, and another at 79. b:bye

I don't quite get your game plan. If you would have said barb at 51, a cleric at 52, an archer at 79 it would make more sense to me. Why keep playing the same class over and over?
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011

His unique 1 weapon style of playing. Such as him trying to be a pure 1 wep bm. Which isn't very bright,
    edited March 2011
    Wait a second... a pole/fist/sword bm can stun lock?

From my own experience, mid level ofc and somewhat low level... I used BM (Yulk alt) which was fist/sword/pole.

Cleric: If I stun lock them...
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    I don't quite get your game plan. If you would have said barb at 51, a cleric at 52, an archer at 79 it would make more sense to me. Why keep playing the same class over and over?

I have 3 barbs, 2 clerics, 2 wizs, 2 venoes, 2 sins, 1 seeker, 2 archers, oh yeah, I have multiple classes b:bye. Cause I want to? Not only BMs I have. And OFC BMs can stun lock w/o axes. Its called aeolian blade and roar of the pride, don't forget demon MSS and stun-add ons.
    His unique 1 weapon style of playing. Such as him trying to be a pure 1 wep bm. Which isn't very bright,

I am always multipath you noob. b:shutup

And I know magic attacks hurt from magic classes like wiz -_-", as far as you saying psy you beat easy in duels is that either you were quicker or the psys were not doing anything, and did venoes forget to use bramble on themselves? LOL. I guess the venoes you fought had nix without bleed. So pro.

Edit: It is supposed to tie up to BMs, but when it comes to magic, bms have not much HP like barb so that can be a problem as a who beats who first. I guess it was a bad idea to hyper your BM to think that sins tie with BMs when BMs have better advantage. IJS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What levels were these archers you were pwning so much? 10+ levels lower doesn't count... And nor does dueling the same one again and again. Different people have different playing styles .-.

You could beat up one person easily but find someone same level/class and with worse gear and get facerolled if you don't adapt.

Dueling someone without all their skills isn't really going to the full potential either. 79/59 skills can sometimes make a world of difference.
  • Neldth - Heavens Tear
    Neldth - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    If archers are the easiest for you, especially at 59+, than they don't know how to play they're class in a PvP fight Lol.... I kill level 100 Fist BM's half the time from stunning/freezing with WoG and Winged Shell, Cloud Eruption to get spark back up and go after them with sparked magic attacks after using Thundershock to lower they're Metal Resistence. And even without Cloud Eruption, the magic attacks hit like a beast on HA users.

And yes, yes we do have multiple magic attacks.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    The funny thing is you actually think that it's hard to escape a Psychics soulburn and physical resist.. or a nix veno with bramble hood.

Psychic physical resist and soulburn, you roar and wait 6 seconds. Then drake bash. punch punch u win. Unless the psy is smart and uses white voodoo.

Bramble.. WotB + roar then run for your life or stunlock the veno with a low level weapon and at the same time, auto attack the nix with fist.

Really it's NOT hard to beat a mage when you have 6k magic resist.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    What levels were these archers you were pwning so much? 10+ levels lower doesn't count... And nor does dueling the same one again and again. Different people have different playing styles .-.

You could beat up one person easily but find someone same level/class and with worse gear and get facerolled if you don't adapt.

Dueling someone without all their skills isn't really going to the full potential either. 79/59 skills can sometimes make a world of difference.

50 - 60 = 10 levels lower than you... You are sooo right, I should not fight LVL 60s... I should be fighting LVL70s to be fair.... You are an idiot LOL. Didn't I show screen shots of pwning LVL 60s as LVL40ish? I could have swore I did. I would never fight a lower level, infact, 7 levels is the lowest I go, but no highest limit. I dueled a lvl 2 cleric on this psy and one shot her from normal attack just to end the duel after she plume shotted me for like over 3 mins, that was BOOORRRING..... I never want to do that again. I have no desire to attack lower levels.
    If archers are the easiest for you, especially at 59+, than they don't know how to play they're class in a PvP fight Lol.... I kill level 100 Fist BM's half the time from stunning/freezing with WoG and Winged Shell, Cloud Eruption to get spark back up and go after them with sparked magic attacks after using Thundershock to lower they're Metal Resistence. And even without Cloud Eruption, the magic attacks hit like a beast on HA users.

And yes, yes we do have multiple magic attacks.

I said BARBS are the easiest since they barely hit me, range + stun lock is not hard. And archers are 2nd easiest, they do not hit me too hard, and they do go down fast. And I beaten a LVL70+ archer (he was too much showing off saying he would one shot me) at 49 as a BM. Cloud eruption LOL! I have that on my archer too because people don't let me build spark for FF on my archer to barrage -_-" On top of that, metal attacks do hurt, but I still manage to get them locked before they start hitting me again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I don't think these barbs you fight don't have much HP nor the archers know how to run. b:chuckle
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I dueled a lvl 2 cleric on this psy and one shot her from normal attack

Yulk has made a mele psy. The world as we know it is at an end.
  • shouske
    shouske Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    plz lvl past 9x then let's talk pvp. k?b:bye

btw yulk stick to ur pve encounters that u r notorious for. lmao
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    duels as a bm over 9x+ or pk encounters...

barbs: if u keep them stunned long enough then u have a chance. but if not and u don't have decent aps on ur fists then ur going to get r4ped. badly.

venos: the only time i have problems with veno's is when they either have a nix or bramle and get a damn stun on my a$$ before i get one in on them first. all in all a stun locked veno = a dead veno. but tbh a HA veno is something most bms may want to avoid lol.

sins: sadly enough there aren't that many sins that beat me in pvp or pk. im not taking anything from those that actually r able to kill a non charmed bm but r8 sins with plus 4 and higher refines can just aps away at me and im dead. btw sins r overrated in pvp imo.

psy: r alot harder than what people give them credit. i get pwned by my cuz who uses a ****** tt 7x weap. im usually dead before i can touch him unless i can stun him first.

bms: depends on who im fighting and their gear. if pitted against a bm with similar gear and refines then i should be able to win depending on if i get the majority of the stuns in.

wizzies: they hit a lot harder then psys. they can one shot me if they hit a crit. so i have to resort to use true emptiness to lower their dmg effectiveness. and like other aa classes, stun lock=dead.

archers: can be a pain but r doable. it's hard to get a lock on them when they kite so much. also with their high crits that just makes it worse. when faced against an archer i tend to m marrow just to be on the safe side but that stunning arrow and other pshyical skills they have hurt like hell.

clerics: probably the easiest class to fight. what a bm needs to do against these guys is to keep them stunned long enough and kill them quick before they start with the self healing cycle. if u don't use wotb against a cleric and u r slept then ur screwed.

mystic: not enough info

seekers: not enough info
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    50 - 60 = 10 levels lower than you... You are sooo right, I should not fight LVL 60s... I should be fighting LVL70s to be fair.... You are an idiot LOL. Didn't I show screen shots of pwning LVL 60s as LVL40ish? I could have swore I did. I would never fight a lower level, infact, 7 levels is the lowest I go, but no highest limit. I dueled a lvl 2 cleric on this psy and one shot her from normal attack just to end the duel after she plume shotted me for like over 3 mins, that was BOOORRRING..... I never want to do that again. I have no desire to attack lower levels.

Insulting people will get you no where. I never said those were the levels you dueled, I merely said that it didn't really count.
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Could you please clarify on this stun-locking matter? If you are not axe, then you have one 6 second stun skill with a 15 second cool down (at level 10). Correct me if I am wrong, but you cant stun-lock with just that skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Ryoutah - Harshlands
    Ryoutah - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Could you please clarify on this stun-locking matter? If you are not axe, then you have one 6 second stun skill with a 15 second cool down (at level 10). Correct me if I am wrong, but you cant stun-lock with just that skill.
    who me? lmao i have drake bash and aeolin blade. also oi helps too.b:victory