seekers in frost?

Options
Ehh - Lost City
Ehh - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
whats their role and what skills need to be leveled?

need to know so i can start on the skills
Post edited by Ehh - Lost City on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    whats their role and what skills need to bed leveled?

need to know so i can start on the skills
    honestly i think its a bit too early to really find out because most are just going in to powerlevel so

Current Role: Keep charm, pot, GA, and hypers up. Stay out of aoe range and make sure to find high levels 5.0 aps. Even the 90+ seekers are still in the baby stage of learning what skills are useful because they leveled in 10 days.

Future Role: TBA. We need to wait. Its never a good thing to get rushed advice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • IamRoland - Harshlands
    IamRoland - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    honestly i think its a bit too early to really find out because most are just going in to powerlevel so

Current Role: Keep charm, pot, GA, and hypers up. Stay out of aoe range and make sure to find high levels 5.0 aps. Even the 90+ seekers are still in the baby stage of learning what skills are useful because they leveled in 10 days.

Lol w/e to the above. Ran 5 FCs last night starting at lvl 80. Highest LVL in squad was 90 barb, was smooth as silk.

LVL vortex and use for the big mob pulls but make sure the mana cost stays below 1/4 your total MP pool and you will need an MP charm/big pots to run it more than 4 secs. LVL it to high to soon and you may not be able to keep it long enough. It hits epic and I only have TT 70 +3 and lvl 4 skill. I pulled aggro many times, but its cake if you have a sin to BP, if not try to have BM to stun but get them to wait till your zhen is up to do it.

Also lvl Icon and gemini slash and use on bosses and smaller mob pulls. The casting time self buff is helpfull to have to use with gemini slash as it takes a loooooonnnggg time to cast and some of the bosses or spawned mobs will interupt you and that makes for rage.

Also, lvl the 3 debuffs for bosses, prioritize the lowest lvl one as it is works best with your skills. Use the next one up to help archers, and the top to help mages deal more.

This is not rushed advice as have 5 FCs to heads on this char and did all my skill homework ahead of time.

Even though ever lvl 30 seeker noob is dumping on the class, I think they have tons of potenial to be epic late game, they just take a lot more thought and smart game play than a point and click BM or SIN, but I like that, its a helluva alot more interesting.

Have fun out there my seeker brethern.
  • remedy411
    remedy411 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Too early? Get real? I am already 80 on my seeker and I have level 60 TT sword and lvl 60 white gear and i beat a 79 BM and he had purple gold gear and gold axes. and pvp I already owned lots of people. Its not that hard to figure out what the moves do and when to use them. Well in my experience anyway. but yea, the moves are only up to lvl 59 culti so we dont even have all our moves intgrated into the game. Cant wait until the finsih. Already have 3Mil spirit for it :P
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if it were really THAT easy then all powerleveled characters would be pro because 'its not hard to figure out what skills do what'. But the reality isnt so. There is only a handful of pple that REALLY know wtf their doing, the rare ones. Out of them, the smart ones realize that their situation doesnt apply to everyone. (aka: ''because i/friend did it, anyone can" syndrome)
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Laliah - Heavens Tear
    Laliah - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Yea...i been running FF/FC's on my seeker for at least a week now.

The role i take is the role of semi-BM. I tank alot. I lead party into mob groups. I hold aggro from squishies. And I destoy lures of tons of mobs in seconds with lvl 7 vortex. I use +4, 2socket TT80 Shrinotwins, Flawless Sharded. My vortex does, on average, 11k per dmg tick with no debuffs (thats 11k per 1.5 seconds). If Heaven's Flame, Subsea, or Tangling Mire is on, Mobs killed before i even have to use a mp pot (under 4 secs).

Ive also been single tank in place for a barb, able to tank Fragrance and Nix without problem. At my lvl (87) I have 5.7k unbuffed hp(well over 7k buffed) so it isnt much of a problem.

So in my experience, I believe it would be fair to say that we can replace a BM in squad with about 75-85% proficiency. The major lack being the BM's undeniably useful aoe stun with makes lures tricky if no BM or Barb is present, but not impossible. Im sure i'll be able to do much more at 90, but currently I've been pushing my char as far as i can as so far have only really died when there was the occasional party wipe, because of bad barb lure or someone missed a hand at Oceana, but not from lack of ability to tank or pull mobs.

My exp comes from doing well over 10+ FF's so far, about 3 a day or more, so you can know what i say isn't speculation, like you see alot in the Seeker forum doing, but real experience.

Its a fun class, but its very much so lacking in many aspects but it is nevertheless very useful when you learn how to use it to its max potential. I have alot to learn still, and not everyone learns at the same speed. But Seeker rep will increase in time. Hopefully more will become aware of our abilities soon because ppl still treat me like im some alien creature. "ooo...i wanna see you do this...can you do that?...I've never seen a Seeker this high lvl before" Its cute :3
    -One of Heavens Tear's Top Seekers since patch. So far...so far... b:laugh
  • Bentus - Dreamweaver
    Bentus - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Firstly ensure the following skills are lvled up

1.) Northern Sky Waltz , Staggering Strike
    2.) Parched Blade Dance, Stalagstrike
    3.) Soulsever Minuet, Gemini Slash
    4.) Heart Shatter
    5.) Mind Shatter & Soul Shatter not too much (You dont want the casters getting aggro of the boss)
    6.) Edged Blur
    7.) Blade and Sword Mastery
    8.) You can have vortex at lvl1 which would help u hold it much longer
    9.) Adrenal Numbness
    10.) Blade Affinity

On mobs pulls,

1.) Activate Soulsever Mineut
    2.) Get the Spirit bore status activated (a couple of attacks should be fine), once mobs are in range
    3.) Gemini Slash

If there are other AoE DDs in squad, this is more than sufficient.

Vortex is a nice and high dmg skill but definitely not necessary for the seeker to use when there are other AoE DDs around. Why waste the mana charm?

If youre the puller,

Method 1
    1.) Activate Soulsever Minuet
    2.) Activate Edged blur when you near the cleric's BB (this would ensure the mobs are hit and aggro doesnt switch to the cleric)
    3.) Get the spirit bore status
    4.) Blade Affinity
    5.) Gemini Slash
    6.) Stalagstrike for extra damage.

Method 2
    1.) Stalagstrike (so that aggro stays with u)
    2.) Vortex

Under all these circumstances two handed blades/swords are better since they have higher atk

ON the boss
    1.) Heart Shatter (if it works) - def lvl - 30
    2.) Spirit Bore + Gemini Slash (except on Oceani messger aka head room boss unless u know ur timing well) - atk lvl - 10 and def lvl - 10
    3.) Change stance to Northern Sky Waltz
    4.) Use the Eye of northern sky + staggered strike combo - def lvl - 20

The above would ensure higher damager output from the squad

5.) If you want activate the Mind and Soul shatter buffs

AoE stuns are really not needed if you know what youre doing
  • IamRoland - Harshlands
    IamRoland - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if it were really THAT easy then all powerleveled characters would be pro because 'its not hard to figure out what skills do what'. But the reality isnt so. There is only a handful of pple that REALLY know wtf their doing, the rare ones. Out of them, the smart ones realize that their situation doesnt apply to everyone. (aka: ''because i/friend did it, anyone can" syndrome)

I guess you like to pretend different, but the PvE part of this game isn't rocket science, in fact it's painfully easy. Once you have a couple hundred FCs logged on your on a char, figuring out how to do it on a new isn't all that hard.

Oh and btw, since this game is sorely lacking in variety of builds, one persons situation pretty much does apply to everyone. There is only one set of skills for this char, and only at best 2 ways to build it.
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Haven't done any fccs with my seeker yet (guess why lol) but I'm pretty sure they will kick some serious ***, expecially with a bm!

HF + Gemini Slash = b:dirty
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Those people who are bad with their class aren't bad because they powerleveled. They're bad just because they're bad players. They could spend a year hitting level 90 and would still suck.

This game isn't hard, it's not difficult to figure out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Zankanto - Sanctuary
    Zankanto - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can solo all mobs in FC without cleric if I have bloodpaint. Lv8 Vortex and some herb mp foods is enough to keep that up till everything dies.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can solo all mobs in FC without cleric if I have bloodpaint. Lv8 Vortex and some herb mp foods is enough to keep that up till everything dies.

this^

my vortex is lvl2 btw and still pulls are a piece of cake with bp. we did the main pull in exp room with 3 seekers, 1 bm, at like ~83 with crappy gear (got bp from a sin).

currently my seeker pulls everything, then vortex and puff, mobs dead.

on bosses, debuff, dd.

when we will get 3 sparks, blurred edged, unfetter/blade affinity, vortex
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Pwnographic - Harshlands
    Pwnographic - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    fc pretty fun, just be careful with ur vortex aoe, i pull all agro, died a few times but **** happens, lvl 9 vortex is crazy,lol ill have 10 when i wake up :)
  • InTheClouds - Raging Tide
    InTheClouds - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Those people who are bad with their class aren't bad because they powerleveled. They're bad just because they're bad players. They could spend a year hitting level 90 and would still suck.

I would have to agree with Rawrgh entirely, people never take the time to learn their class anymore. Mind you the few that actually do. It's a process of time, and trial and error. Not who can get to level 100 in two weeks or who can get to 40 in two weeks. I still think the Seekers have a lot of room to build on and work from. All good things take time.
    +-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-+
    |S||t||r||e||n||g||t||h| |T||h||r||o||u||g||h| |P||u||r||i||t||y|
    +-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-++-++-++-++-+ +-++-++-+
    edited March 2011
    Options

yeah sadly its like a good half of the pple out there if im really honest. Just some can acknowledge that and others are ignorant to think there are any like that. I guess they just like to pretend everyone is the same.
  • nockzk
    nockzk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I my self has been playing the seeker. I got to lvl 80 ( I would have like to get to 90 well that is for spring break) lvl my skills and my gear to meet lvl 80 how do i say this hmm well being lvl 80 is not just lvl it is gear and knowing what the hell you are doing. I still need to learn what to do when to do and how to what for the squad. That is why I am playing, to learn. what I am trying to say is that I love the seeker more the my other charter. I will get to lvl 101 soon but not knowing what to do and why i did it. I know that when ever the 79+ skills come out i will be ready for them. A work in progrees that is all, to learn how to play it does take time and that does not mean that ppl can not learn fast. I am saying that do not judge seekers to soon. I am happy that seekers can out this is what I wanted to play in the first place. A warrior and mage in one. I will be happy when I do get it up to 101 and be able to just play and not lvl so fast, I know I could just play yet differnt meaning is applied here, it is kind of like love. well i am going to stop rambaling on about nothing.

Just have fun and be happy that is what a game is for.

Thanks,

Nockzk
  • Jlora - Sanctuary
    Jlora - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

So true b:pleased
  • LovieBooo - Raging Tide
    LovieBooo - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    well i was powerlvled in 2 days and didnt do anything in fc so i dont die,i dont have vortex yet cause i didnt have time to do fb 59 but this weekend when i log on im gonna make my seekers 1 of the best on the server ^^b:pleased
    oh and almost barbie get out of the seeker forums, focus on getting nirvana claws already geez b:dirtyb:bye
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    something iv been wondering. isnt edged blur a 360 AoE. cuz if it is that might work just as well as vortex cuz u can use ur other aoes with it. im not 100% on this so id like to knowb:puzzled
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

So I'm deducting the OP is a bad player from your point of view then.

This kind of post just prooves Deceptionstar is at least semi-right. I don't think everyone should spend ages grinding till lvl80 like before, when you can lvl fast but :

1) Any person who got in fcc at least 1 time shouldn't ask about a seekers role in fcc.
    2) Any person who lvls seeker as their first main toon has to know how to use his aoe skills by the lvl he starts to fcc.

Yeah, with a high lvl main powerlvling shouldn't make anyone a bad player. But everyone must have to get used to a classes CD and channel times.

@ OP : go spend some time near Sanctuary and aoe-grind on seaweed thieves. Once you master that, you're ready to fcc.
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    there are kids playing this game, so dont expect everyone to have the know how to.

then there are playstyle.. some people have yet to figure out what class is easy for them to play.

eventually they will realise what class clicks for them, and they will be good. take times though

Just try to use AoE after a bm stun and you should do well as a DD.
    if you are like the BM replacement, just make sure you be the first to attack compare to other DD.

As you are HA.. compare to LA and AA you will be better @ surviving after grabbing aggro. (not much but enough.)
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
    edited March 2011
    Options
    there are kids playing this game, so dont expect everyone to have the know how to.
    mentally? or physically ? b:chuckle
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Gotta love when I see a Seeker using vortex to kill only one or two mobs at time...
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye