When do you leave a squad as a cleric?

Options
PineappleTea - Raging Tide
PineappleTea - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Cleric
When do you leave a squad as a cleric? What does have to happen to make you leave a bh?
I want to see if there are people that think same way like me b:sweat
Post edited by PineappleTea - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When finished.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    when people are being stupid and cause me to die (on my cleric back in the day) A few close calls, i tell the person to knock it off, another close call I tell the party to replace that member, then if I die or constantly come close to dying I'd leave squad.
  • Lolotte - Lost City
    Lolotte - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    People complaining about loss of exp after a rez.
    People being rude.
    People not being a team player in squad.
    People not open for general advice from squad.

As a cleric i do my utter best to keep the whole squad alive. But rarely at cost of my own life or the tanks life. If another squad member somehow screws things up for the rest, ill adress that. Depending on the reaction of said squad member or the others ill decide to stay or leave and spend my time in more usefull ways.
  • Lolotte - Lost City
    Lolotte - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When finished.

That was the first thing that popped in my mind. Then i thought about all the sht you have to go through as a cleric at times and what i find acceptable or not. I think youre awesome for putting up with it. I simply wont.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When people trash talk to me and i know i can find squad quickly.
    However i try to be patient , cause most of the times in a BH or TT i just have to go there and endure everything to get my quests/mats done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • GoogleMaster - Raging Tide
    GoogleMaster - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When finished.

^^That! b:pleased Or when everyone else has ragequit because of some noob b:surrender
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That was the first thing that popped in my mind. Then i thought about all the sht you have to go through as a cleric at times and what i find acceptable or not. I think youre awesome for putting up with it. I simply wont.
    Well, if I really don't like how someone behaves, I say it. It either changes or the person leaves. I am there to get my bh done so why should I leave b:angry
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    +1 to "when it's finished"

I try to make a point to see the whole dungeon through. If 1 or 2 people are being nasty, there are still 3 or 4 who are generally perfectly polite and therefore do not deserve to lose their heals.

Then again, I have a tendency to nanny-goat my squads. I consider myself something of an authority on people staying alive (as healers, it's our job!) and make sue my squaddies know it. If someone's being disrespectful, I ignore it. If they do something dangerous/stupid, I tell them what they did wrong and we move on. If they're being disrespectful and doing something dangerous/stupid, I let them die, and then explain in excruciating detail why what they did was stupid while they're lying there, waiting for a rez. The lesson usually sticks best that way. b:chuckle

And as a plus, any reasonable squad members will usually back me up. It's a bonding experience. b:laugh

I've yet to quit a squad out of anger or frustration. Then again, I have a rather thick skin for that sort of thing. Like I said, more often than not, it's just 1 or 2 people who are being the tools... the rest of the team just digs in and bears it for the sake of the whole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I try to stay...even through the weird squads. There were a bunch of cleric world chatting for a bh metal the other day, and I jokingly said "let's make an all cleric squad!". Some bm took it seriously, so it was 1 bm and 5 clerics. We got all the way to the boss with about a billion deaths (the bm died more than the clerics did >.>), but the bm couldn't stay alive during the boss. I kept getting frustrated and finally left. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't often do bh on my cleric, but when I do, I do with fac people, and therefore haven't had to leave a bh squad...

However, if the squad was really bad, and we kept dying, and/or they were really rude...then I'd probably just log off and do bh another time.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I mainly leave a squad if I am having a bad day with my healing or something similar. If I can, I ask another cleric friend to replace me or try to find a replacement cleric in town or in central Archosaur.
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I leave BH when it's done.
    I leave Nirvana when a fail APS squad lets Vampire Soviern go on a rampage (and I mean 3-4 3.33+ APS in squad and everyone still one shot).
    I leave a squad when I die more than once (first time is a mistake, second time is a folly).
    I leave when squad members are rude.
    I leave when squad member(s) talk **** about faction mates/ friends that have no facts to back them.
    I leave squad when someone tries to tell me how to play my cleric, try to get me killed when I don't listen to them and then they die when their attempt back- fires.

I don't leave squad on BH3-3 because that boss is sometimes so easy, while other times he is just a pain the in ****.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soira - Raging Tide
    Soira - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can't even remember when was the last time I ditched a squad. When people are rude, get me killed or seriously fail doing their job, I just start acting rude to them.If it's one or two persons I just stop healing/buffing/ressing them b:laugh They tend to get the message b:chuckle

But if the whole squad is bad I just leave b:surrender
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Of course when I finished!
    And the only one time I had to left a squad was on a FCC run because the archer (Iwannabeabarb) gathered all the magical mobs hall, like if he was a barb, die in the middle of the hall and killed all the squad members............ I just revive all and left, that time I saw enought like to stay for more.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I rarely will leave a squad. I think its sick how much clerics lord their usefulness with "if you don't do what I want I'll leave" or not heal, or not rez... I had a veno recently tell me if I didn't friend list them they wouldn't amp bosses or pass sparks. Kicked. But clerics threaten the same thing because they can. If an archer threatened to leave because they didn't get their way, they'd get kicked. A cleric threatens to leave if people don't do what they want, people will do what the cleric wants. Its sad, and usually a bad idea. I do everything I can not to leave some squads just to punish them, but sometimes I need to.

So, reason I leave:

I suggest something, no one does it and we fail. I suggest it again, no one does it again and we fail. I suggest it a third time and if things don't change... I'm gone. Not going to stick around to fail again with a squad that doesn't listen to me.

When squads have blatent idiots that the lead won't kick. Some times it comes down to either they leave, or I do. Same with rude people. Same with under geared people. I'm a nice player and I'd love to help but with AFKers, bad players, or undergeared (over leveled) players its more like I am doing the BH for them. My job is to assist, not to cover for you or do your BH for you.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    99.9% of the time when it's finished.

However, when someone is extremely pissing me off, I leave. And it's only happened once.

I was doing BH59 a while back, and a wizard at ofo dived straight down into the pit where the boss was. He didn't die at first, just stayed down there. I thought it was strange and called the guy to come out, he didn't answer so I assumed he was afk.

The veno pulls the boss and we begin killing it and I'm healing. All of a sudden the wizard dies when he moves around down at the pit and calls out for a res while the boss is still getting killed. The barb asks me to go res him and everyone stops killing the boss while the barb just runs around keeping agro.

I go down and res him, but he dies again because of the four mobs down there. I res him once more but this time he just stays there and doesn't res. Then the barb dies from the boss since I couldn't reach him in time to run back. Other people begin to die as well and I'm just not quick enough to reach everyone since they had run far off as well from the pit area.

I'm pretty annoyed at this point, but I go and res everyone else. Meanwhile the wizard resses... outside. I had to go through all that trouble to res him and he ended pressing the other button even though the res was ready from the second time.

At first I didn't know, so I asked the squad members where the wizard went. He said he had ressed outside. I say I went through all that trouble and so did everyone else only to have him res outside. He starts to laugh at me and never apologizes.

I ask the barb to boot him since he had caused all this trouble for nothing, but he doesn't respond and I know he's not afk. So I LEFT squad.

Barb reinvites me over and over again, and when I asked him if he booted the wiz, he says no. I guess they were friends. :/
  • Silvatar - Sanctuary
    Silvatar - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    In almost all cases, I will see a task through to its end, no matter how well or how badly it is going. As a cleric, I know that the squad is counting on me to be there for them. As long as they are good people to be with (meaning they are polite, friendly, fun, and courteous), I will never abandon a squad.

However, if people are disrespectful, rude, or overly arrogant, I do not hesitate to leave the squad. I play this game to relax and have fun, so if someone is going to behave like a jerk, then I am not going to waste my time with them.

All that really counts is having fun with good people.
  • Iraeala - Harshlands
    Iraeala - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I go with "when it is finished" usually.

I believe I have only left two Squads in gaming sofar.

One was an FC where the squad was completely ignorant of what to do. I walked in and they said "hurry up we only have a 1/2 hour left and we're on the first boss!". Needless to say I high tailed it out of there.

The second was an FB 99 where I didn't even make it into the FB before I decided to leave. I was only 97 and was asked by the tabber to come because I have the level 11 no xp loss res. When I was heading in the rest of the random 10x squad started going "what you can't even get a 10x cleric you effin noob? eff this blahblahblah"

As I said "sorry, he asked me because I'm sage res" the barb squad leader kicked me. Then he read what I typed and went "OH WAIT NO WE WANT THAT CLERIC BACK INV INV."

But honestly, once you kick you've missed your chance.
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't think I've ever left a squad before on my cleric however I have this lovely little notebook next to my computer and it's got names in it. If I see those names asking for a cleric I go with a different squad because: a) I won't be told how to play my cleric b) I won't go with people that belittle other people c) I won't go with people that think they're the only person that I should be worried about healing, at the expense of the squad

Oh and I have 1 rule: you run ahead of me (using ur speed boosts, and holy path) and expect me to keep up (which even using HP I can't) nah....you either a) live until I get there or b) I'll rez you after I get there and then I'll keep chasing the squad, and no complaints about dying since you agro'd stuff before I was there.

Granted my cleric runs with some crazy suicidal agro nutty squad members (yup all 5 of them in the same squad)....so I can handle just about anything the "normal" squads throw at me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have yet to leave the squad, because if i do (or think about doing it) i'll feel bad for the other squad members. They haven't done me anything, why would i punish them?
    I even stuck around with some incompetent barb that kept dying on his pulls, just because my friends were there. In the end he kicked me because i was yelling at him for suddenly running in (while waiting for the wiz) and causing a squad wipe. I might be willing to stay, but i'm not going to keep my mouth shut about it. He couldn't take it and told me i was a fail cleric (yeah right) and kicked me out. Reason why he is the first and only person on my blacklist xD
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Once we've started, I try to stay until the end. I'd only leave if it were a ridiculously fail squad and one or two other people had left as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear
    XXMonaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I leave when my loss outweighs the worthiness of the squad.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    (didnt read the rest) yea im lazy lol..
    on the another note personally i dont leave a squad unless its rly hopeless
    mostly i would try to help as much as i can even when it would cost me some exp =="
    most of the time the squad is thankfull and says srry for all the deads so im happy i could help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Ondyna - Dreamweaver
    Ondyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When people act like they can play my character better than me b:angry I just hate it when the guy (that's usually the weakest link of the party and is constantly getting everyone into sticky situations) turns round and tells the cleric that they're doing a poor job.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:surrender I quit my cleric completely due to stupid squads, stupid players, inability to get into BH's, and a quest list that was... Too long to contemplate (and I kinda want the rep).

I was constantly getting asked to play my cleric while doing other things, about to leave, being used as a buff machine, getting asked to do instances way above my level, way below my level (no big deal), or just things I plain didn't want to do... So... I stopped even logging into my Cleric.

People would ask me for some help, and I would reply with "my cleric is semi-retired at this time. b:surrender" or something similar.

As for squads... I dunno. I did a bunch that were pretty bad, but stuck them out. I'm pretty vocal in squad chat, and if someone is blaming me for their failures, I start picking them apart. I take no **** from anyone. Sin takes aggro, and my heals can't keep up? i look at his gear. I see legendary daggers and NPC supplied armor? Then I tell him to use a bow or bare fist, because he can't handle the aggro. If I see legendary armor refined, and he's got good gear, then I realize it's my fault, and I change my plan to keep him IH'ed accordingly.

If I can keep a 101 Sin (who forgot to BP himself) above 80% HP without having to spam IH him through TT2-2 on a level 71 Cleric... Then a level 78 Sin with BP should have no problem tanking BH59 with good gear, and me healing.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary
    Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would leave squad if i realised that the run wouldn't work out (finish successfully) with squad-setup and such, in order to save time and potential squadwipes.

Otherwise, the only other reason to make me leave squad is if i really have to go due to RL stuff.

I can take most abuse and would rather stick around till the end in order to get the exp/drops i need, of course unless something occurs that prevents the squad from completing the task. (that isn't personal or drama related)
    Sailing this perfect world for treasure and Glory. This pirate awaits adventure and this is my story. (OP overdoseb:victory)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lierre - Raging Tide
    Lierre - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When finished.

b:victory
    I never leave my squads either, but the way I leave sure is a good way to announce to my ex-squad I didn't like them lol.

Yesterday, I left (probably) one of the worst TT2-3 squads I've ever been in. Me, my barb friend who called me, and a sleepy wizzie who was very good and nice were basically dragging along 3 dead weight dds. I don't get compensated for the 2 hours of time I spent helping them get the things they need while they don't do anything. Very no bueno. b:angry
    Please state the nature of your medical emergency.
  • Lelouchvi - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wouldnt leave a squad because then the rest of the squad has to try to find a cleric and that just sucks for them.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When fail players cause me to die, or they blame me for a death in a rude way, complain about dying, or if the squad gets wiped and they call me a fail cleric. Pretty much if they act rude i tell them to have a nice day and leave
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Tankarei - Dreamweaver
    Tankarei - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The cleric leaves the squad when there is no tanker.

I mean, either if there is no barb or the barb is not a tanker.

Tanking means you always go 20m ahead the party and make sure all the mobs are hating your *** out there, before the cleric reaches you to save your ***, coz when the cleric reach you, either your *** and his *** will be saved. The squad deal their AoE attacks, mobs dies and everybody go home happy.

And no, a Mystic will never beat the cleric in versality, mp economy, a quick maneuver that saves the whole squad, and Mystic will never beat the ****ing BLUE BUBBLE, nor the Hellish Red Bubble.

You know why? BE-COZ clerics are the real deal Healers and Mystics are DD's able to heal just like Wizards. Clerics dont need to spark burst to heal a barbarian well.

Edit: I tanked being healed by a Mystic, but she was using Devil Chihou, which she was using to attack meanwhile, thus regenerating less mp and spending lots of potions.