What are weakens of mystic?

Options
codeq
codeq Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
I'm barb... Whats it the mystic weakens against barbs? How can i beat them? Think before you say... Don't say barbs have high hp, because they stun/freeze lock me and will be no good.
Post edited by codeq on

Comments

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1) you have high hp as a barb

2) you should have magic defense ornaments and refine them

3) you're a damn barb, kill them how you kill everyone else, turtle, run in, armageddon

4) mighty swing, penetrate armor, bestial onslaught, profit?

5) learn your class, if you have trouble with mystics you probably cant kill wizards, venos, clerics either.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Shadovvnn - Heavens Tear
    Shadovvnn - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1) you have high hp as a barb

2) you should have magic defense ornaments and refine them

3) you're a damn barb, kill them how you kill everyone else, turtle, run in, armageddon

4) mighty swing, penetrate armor, bestial onslaught, profit?

5) learn your class, if you have trouble with mystics you probably cant kill wizards, venos, clerics either.

Turtle slows me down so i won't be able to catch them because now all people know what turtle does
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    /epicfacepalm

i dont get the idiots on this site. a mystic is no diffrent from a veno/cleric. kill them just like u would kill a veno/cleric -_-

there not OP at all, they actually fail pretty hard in pvp with there only saving grace being push back, thicket, and cragglord. thats pretty much the only 3 skills u have to worry about from a mystic. not like a veno that can purge/amp/steamroll u with nix
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    why should us mystics give our weaknesses away? :P go find out yourself and discuss them in the barb forum :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Nethare - Dreamweaver
    Nethare - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I treat them like a robe veno with no nix. I shoot them with arrows and they lie down because their Pdef is horrible. Arma should one shot alot of them.

When you see their plants on you pop slam to knockback and kill them. Other AoEs like Beastial Onslaught may also help with plants but the knockback is nice on them. Invoke during a cragglord or when they energy leech the storm mistress, ups their Matk. Big downfall is that newly summoned pets can't really do much. Knockback works on their pets just like venos.

If they are kiting you too much try slows like Surf Impact and staying in tiger form.

I kite barbs alot and honestly what gets to me is that in tiger form your speed is higher than mine, your massive hp means I have to do it for a long time and you can slow me alot. Also if I leave your range after you have finished channeling a skill but before the end of the cast I still get hit. Which is very relevant given that the channels are tiny on all the slows and stuns. Archers have lots of movement debuff which makes it easier for us and we have anti stun, Mystics not as much. Not to mention barbs miss me pretty much constantly whereas a robe class your going to hit most times.

Overall the best advice I can give to fight them or any class is to read THEIR skill list; If you know what your opponent is capable of than it is easier to find a weak point. For example: The starting pet can stun but the mystic itself cannot. It instead uses sleep, slow, potential freeze and potential silence.