Bloodmystics Up-to-date, Comprehensive, Living, Breathing Wizard Guide

15678911»

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    maybe he died

Stop telling me what you know I want to hear b:angry

I told you, that cyber session was a one time deal, your not getting any ever again b:scorn
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Even though distance shrink might be annoying when fighting a wiz you should not forget that the wiz with 4.8m/s is as slow as a cleric and has to have something to keep the distance vs approaching melee classes. Tigerform + the 79 skill for barbs that prevents the barb from getting slowed and stunned can help you a lot when a wizard is trying to kite you.

This is why you always fight a barb (or BM) in the air. Always. Why take a class that runs twice as fast as you on the ground? In the air you can kite a barb forever lol, it's not even hard to do. BMs not so much if they are smart and use jumps. Still easier than on the ground tho.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • yuanyels
    yuanyels Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What's with these great - wordy lead people to continue to post? Do you know what people want to see when they look up guidelines? It is really not that difficult...

RS Gold,Cheapest WOW GoldWoW Gold Cheap,Buying WoW Gold
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    yuanyels wrote: »
    What's with these great - wordy lead people to continue to post? Do you know what fail cashshoppers want to see when they look up guidelines? It is really not that difficult...

RS Gold,Cheapest WOW GoldWoW Gold Cheap,Buying WoW Gold

fixed. no need for thanks.
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    would love to see this guide finish..
    Its more of those really wordy guide
    like user experience kind of guide.

maybe after its done, i will start a guide on Fist Wizard..b:laugh
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Don't wizards have as much hp as any other arcane class?

What, you want me to say "tied for lowest"? Fact is, other classes have more. No classes have less. To me, that's lowest. If to you that means "tied for lowest", to each his own.
    and don't they have the highest pdef of any arcane class?

Again, because we use arcane armor, we have the lowest. "Tied for lowest"? Eh, whatever.

I'm not taking into account buffs here. It's a general statement - an introduction.
    Wizards have some of the best defenses, and some of the best defensive skills like distance shrink, and force of will.

Wizards are so easily killed, especially by archers and sins. If wizards have best defensive skills, what does a psychic have? On second though, don't answer that. I don't want to come back here, lol
    Pretty irritating for someone to use a 2 spark skill only to have it fizzle when a wizard distance shrinks away.

Oh, we can run away with the best of them - doubt anyone would think that makes for fun pk, but to each his own.

Of course, so can bms and barbs and sins (the ultimate retreat class) and venos - you try to blast me for general statements, thought I show you how easy it is to do.

prof wrote: »
    you could've at least gotten a cv wand? cost nothing next to the hh100 sword, and gives relatively the same matk. I can't see any real reason to go so far with hh99 x.x the mods on it aren't even worth it b:sweat

sold my lunar insignia for 115m - which paid for the icebournes and a good bit of the refine (probably +1 through +7 or +8).

Again (repeating myself, again), its not about best - its about value, especially on a new server - as opposed to a (ahem) private server. An unrefined lunar to a +8 tt99 with 2 ice bournes? easy choice imo

And compare the magic attack - the difference between lunar and tt99 isn't much - a +10 tt99 is pretty darn close to a +9 lunar.

Of course, if you go into +12 land, the difference becomes bigger - but if you don't like the icebornes in the tt99, i imagine you would care even less for a +12 lunar.

P.S. And im not dead. Fun as trolling goes, it becomes less fun when you end up doing nothing but repeating yourself to people who couldn't follow a logical argument (let alone craft one of their own) to save their lives.

And, by the way, some friends from arch asked me to go tw with them on lost city, said they would powerlevel me a character. Much fun as I think wizards are, a third one I couldn't see myself doing on a third server, so i've been playing an earth guard on lost city server for the past month and a half or so, and guess what? I didn't see one wizard at west gate the entire time. Not one. And I was looking.

And when I asked "hey, where at all the wizards" everyone at west gate on lost city said, without exception "we never see wizards. ever."

So think of that everyone, when you hear all these lost city wizards talk about pk - they don't even really bother to show up.

If your looking for me, ill either be TW'ing on sanctuary, playing my earth guard on lost city (boring, i might just have them level me an archer), or on arch? i'll be at west gate

-BLOODMYSTIC, walking the walk, while lost city wizards talk the talk b:shutup
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    And, by the way, some friends from arch asked me to go tw with them on lost city, said they would powerlevel me a character. Much fun as I think wizards are, a third one I couldn't see myself doing on a third server, so i've been playing an earth guard on lost city server for the past month and a half or so, and guess what? I didn't see one wizard at west gate the entire time. Not one. And I was looking.

And when I asked "hey, where at all the wizards" everyone at west gate on lost city said, without exception "we never see wizards. ever."

So think of that everyone, when you hear all these lost city wizards talk about pk - they don't even really bother to show up.

If your looking for me, ill either be TW'ing on sanctuary, playing my earth guard on lost city (boring, i might just have them level me an archer), or on arch? i'll be at west gate

lol.. The fail is strong with this one.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What, you want me to say "tied for lowest"? Fact is, other classes have more. No classes have less. To me, that's lowest. If to you that means "tied for lowest", to each his own.

Again, because we use arcane armor, we have the lowest. "Tied for lowest"? Eh, whatever.

I'm not taking into account buffs here. It's a general statement - an introduction.

Wizards are so easily killed, especially by archers and sins. If wizards have best defensive skills, what does a psychic have? On second though, don't answer that. I don't want to come back here, lol

Oh, we can run away with the best of them - doubt anyone would think that makes for fun pk, but to each his own.

Of course, so can bms and barbs and sins (the ultimate retreat class) and venos - you try to blast me for general statements, thought I show you how easy it is to do.

sold my lunar insignia for 115m - which paid for the icebournes and a good bit of the refine (probably +1 through +7 or +8).

Again (repeating myself, again), its not about best - its about value, especially on a new server - as opposed to a (ahem) private server. An unrefined lunar to a +8 tt99 with 2 ice bournes? easy choice imo

And compare the magic attack - the difference between lunar and tt99 isn't much - a +10 tt99 is pretty darn close to a +9 lunar.

Of course, if you go into +12 land, the difference becomes bigger - but if you don't like the icebornes in the tt99, i imagine you would care even less for a +12 lunar.

P.S. And im not dead. Fun as trolling goes, it becomes less fun when you end up doing nothing but repeating yourself to people who couldn't follow a logical argument (let alone craft one of their own) to save their lives.

west gate is overrated
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the only time i show up to westgate is to one shot a group of ppl then leave. Maybe thts why blood thinks wizzies are so terrible at pvp, i mean west gate is just a place ot get ganked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    so i've been playing an earth guard on lost city server for the past month and a half or so, and guess what? I didn't see one wizard at west gate the entire time. Not one. And I was looking.

I hear Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders.
    edited April 2011
    west gate is overrated

Um, because its where high level or well geared players congregate to pk? Why wouldn't a wizard want to be there, they are soooooooo great at pk?

Honestly, I expected the lot of lost city wizards to come on here and say they were busy the last 9 months, or leveling alts, or some other excuse why they were awol. But no, they come on here and basically admit that they are afraid to show their faces there.

So much for the excellence of wizards at pk
    the only time i show up to westgate is to one shot a group of ppl then leave. Maybe thts why blood thinks wizzies are so terrible at pvp, i mean west gate is just a place ot get ganked

BLOODMYSTIC: ably surviving ganks since 2009

and 1 shoting groups, of course.

My complaint with wizzies isn't either of that. And I've never said they are terrible at pvp. I've said they are not well suited for pk (or more specifically, not AS well suited as many other classes for pk), even more specifically 1 vs 1 pk. Please at least moderately familarize yourself with what I've ACTUALLY said before you presume to declare (and wrongly at that) what I "think".
    I hear Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders.

Google reveals this to be a harry potter reference, which I take great pride in saying I don't understand in the least.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Started reading this guide, though it seems a bit peculiar. Since when did wizards have the lowest PDef of any class? Fully buffed i have more PDef than pretty much any LA char.
    We also have an amazing skillset for pk. FoW is incredible, distance shrink is godly, soporiphic whisper when used right is amazing despite its cooldown, plenty of other skills too.

You said in the OP that this guide is a collaboration of what is commonly believed about wizards. I'm not seeing that in the guide itself.
    I love drinking tea
    edited April 2011
    Started reading this guide, though it seems a bit peculiar. Since when did wizards have the lowest PDef of any class? Fully buffed i have more PDef than pretty much any LA char.

Already addressed.
    We also have an amazing skillset for pk. FoW is incredible, distance shrink is godly, soporiphic whisper when used right is amazing despite its cooldown, plenty of other skills too.

already addressed.

You've obviously consumed the same koolaid the lost city wizards have - from safety zone, apparently
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    I'm not going to read through hundreds of posts to check if you have "addressed" something in your replies. The fact is the incorrect information is still listed in the guide and until it is removed, it is not addressed.

I didn't attack you at all in my reply merely mentioned a couple of problems with the guide, so why are you getting so upset? Making comments about me drinking koolaid from the safe zone just make you sound like a bit of a crybaby, particularly as you have no idea about how much I may, or may not pk. Yeah, you wrote a guide, but part of the skill in writing a guide is being able to take comments on it constructively without getting all sensitive.

Considering your response, I have very little faith for your guide. It looks more like a QQ about how wizards can't match up to the other classes than a real guide anyway.
    I love drinking tea
    edited April 2011
    I'm not going to read through hundreds of posts to check if you have "addressed" something in your replies. The fact is the incorrect information is still listed in the guide and until it is removed, it is not addressed.

I didn't attack you at all in my reply merely mentioned a couple of problems with the guide, so why are you getting so upset? Making comments about me drinking koolaid from the safe zone just make you sound like a bit of a crybaby, particularly as you have no idea about how much I may, or may not pk. Yeah, you wrote a guide, but part of the skill in writing a guide is being able to take comments on it constructively without getting all sensitive.

Considering your response, I have very little faith for your guide. It looks more like a QQ about how wizards can't match up to the other classes than a real guide anyway.

Touch a nerve, did I? And the safety zone comment was a reference to the Lost City wizards, not you. I've never set foot on HT, and certainly know nothing about you. The koolaid comment was because you are saying the same, played out junk that everyone else has said and I decline the invitation to repeat myself - again. If you view that as a personal attack - so be it.

And if I come to Heavens Tear, I assume I will see you and tons of wizards at west gate, in pk mode, rocking it, right? uh huh, thought so.

P.S.: if you had read the thread, you would have also seen why the "guide" wasn't updated. But thats ok, your not the only one to make uninformed comments on these forums, certainly.
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Sae tab kills me at West b:surrender

Theres actually quite a bit of Wizards in PK at west (They seem to have come out of hiding ever since the first rep sale..) and I'm sure you'll hear about the HT-Wizard-Love-Triangle all over WC when you decide to Visit. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    No, you didn't touch a nerve, I'm not sure how you would get that from what I said. I can only assume that you are hoping you did. Sorry chap, while you may be getting a bit angry with all this, I'm feeling quite content right now :)

In response to your question, yes, if you came to Heavens Tear you would often see a lot of wizards rocking it in pk mode. I have personally gained over 1300 kills since January 20th, with very little TW. There are a number of other wizards who spend a lot of time pking.... Sabeel, _DeMoNiTazz, scrubby, xHonestyx, NuDe, rotnevni are just a few of the wizards who I reguarly see out of the safe zone having some fun.

p.s. I don't care enough about the thread to read it all, I already said that. Your guide still contains the obvious flaws. If you made a bunch of excuses to not update it in post #174, then go you, but that doesn't fix the guide.

Edit as I just saw Galox's post: Rofl Gal, I don't do that too much, I only RPK a little bit :( Not like that Evil_Angel_... wait, thats another one! Yeah, lots of HT wizzies pking. No idea who the love triangle is though lol.
    I love drinking tea
    edited April 2011
    No, you didn't touch a nerve, I'm not sure how you would get that from what I said.

My apologies again. I couldn't tell through all of your crybaby name-calling.

And note the post above yours - tab killing lvl 88 toons at level 102? no wonder you think wizards are op at pk. And not even an 88 sin, but another wizard. you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Sorry chap, while you may be getting a bit angry with all this, I'm feeling quite content right now :)

Angry? lulz
    In response to your question, yes, if you came to Heavens Tear you would often see a lot of wizards rocking it in pk mode. There are a number of other wizards who spend a lot of time pking.... Sabeel, _DeMoNiTazz, scrubby, xHonestyx, NuDe, rotnevni are just a few of the wizards who I reguarly see out of the safe zone having some fun.

says you, but I may come over to check it out.
    I have personally gained over 1300 kills since January 20th, with very little TW.

Yes, we've seen. Galox x 900 - pk kill numbers mean little
    p.s. I don't care enough about the thread to read it all, I already said that.

care not enough to read, but enough to comment. see my post above about uninformed commentary. thanks for admitting it.
    Your guide still contains the obvious flaws. If you made a bunch of excuses to not update it in post #174, then go you, but that doesn't fix the guide.

zzzzzzzz, why update it when its such good troll bait? 320 posts and counting!

cheerio!
    edited April 2011
    I chose demon, mainly for the additional immobilisations, as it was the complex short lock and kiting mix that caused me to ditch my cleric in favour of a wiz in the first place.

ooooooooo, you used to play a cleric? Nuff said. I see now why you think wizards have awesome pk skills.

But honestly, don't you wish you had a little more of the cleric's sleep skills, or buffs? maybe trade for one less wiz damage skill?

do you really need sandstorm when you have divine pyro/glacial snare? do you really need mountain seize when you have bids? Or, since your demon, maybe vice versa (keep MS (longer range for demon?) and give up bids)? Wouldn't you GLADLY trade either of them for an actual STUN skill that was like nearly any of the other classes stuns?

Ugh, why do I ask quesions that will continue this discussion?
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol Saeidon, don't bother. Blood is not very good, and just enjoys making a fool of himself on the forums. He reminds me of yulk tbh, just realize if you actually try to convince him of something, he'll write pages and pages of rebuttals full of logical fallacies that'll bore you to death. The rest of the wizard forums just ignore him now (nobody really takes him seriously).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Blood is not very good, and just enjoys making a fool of himself on the forums . . . . .he'll write pages and pages of rebuttals full of logical fallacies

An ad hominem attack WHILE criticizing alleged logical fallacies by others? Bravo! a new level of hubris heretofore unseen.
    The rest of the wizard forums just ignore him now (nobody really takes him seriously).

Considering 100% of these 300+ post are my REPLIES to others, I am not feeling ignored, lol.

Please ignore me more.

Oh that's right, you've said before that you would ignore me and not read my posts, yet here you are - tell me again who shouldn't be taken seriously?

And for someone that qq rage quit over the rep/rank sale last fall and said they weren't going to play this game anymore, and is now still posting nearly 6 months later - tell me again who shouldn't be taken seriously?
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    lol Saeidon, don't bother. Blood is not very good, and just enjoys making a fool of himself on the forums. He reminds me of yulk tbh, just realize if you actually try to convince him of something, he'll write pages and pages of rebuttals full of logical fallacies that'll bore you to death. The rest of the wizard forums just ignore him now (nobody really takes him seriously).

I agree with you, but he makes me feel sad b:cry
    I love drinking tea
This discussion has been closed.