Mystics

Tsenlu - Sanctuary
Tsenlu - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I have a great idea!
Since Mystics dominate everything in the game now the game should be named "Mystic World".
What do you think of that?
Now I admit I don't have a Mystic character but since they can clear out a dungeon 10 levels above their character I guess I should make one.
I think they start out 10 levels above anyone else considering how much tougher the mobs are in their area.
Now I already know that everyone is going to say that the mobs are the same or "weak" and that the character is balanced but they are not and I am considering the relative nature of the class.
Earthguard characters outclass all other characters in the game, relatively speaking.
Is this just to promote the new class or we going to have to live with it indefinitely.
Why even bother making and leveling a Barbarian or a Blade Master or a Venomancer or a Cleric when you can just have all Earthguard characters?
Perfect World is certainly not as perfect it was anymore, so lets just rename it to "Mystic World" or "Earthguard World".
Post edited by Tsenlu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Should be renamed to The **** Developers of China: Super Chinese Haiku Fun Time, Sense Cannot Be Made Edition.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So you admit that you haven't even tried a mystic, then go on to say that when anyone says they're balanced, they're lying? The mana costs on the class are freaking insane, and way more than they should be. Quite frankly, a veno can solo an instance MUCH easier than a mystic can (and their pets aren't as squishy, thus can take more damage). At least try a class before you go off on how horribly unbalanced it is.

And lawl @ mystics replacing barbs or BMs.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Lol wut they are a lot more balanced than you know . . the one that many hate . . (b:bye)
    Even forum likes to bash that they were just compilation of skills and work as a coin sink . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OP is clueless.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Tsenlu - Sanctuary
    Tsenlu - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oh, I am clueless am I ?
    Well, I knew this would happen, I mean the flames and all that.
    Well don't believe me if that is what you like, but you are in denial.
    Typical response, it's what I expected.
    But you will see, something will have to be done to balance the classes because it is not balanced now.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Clearly you haven't realized that Earthguards were probably the most fail thing to happen to PWI.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Of course the flamming was coming. You can't just post something this stupid and expect to get away with it...

btw Arch, your sig blew my mind b:shocked
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OP is clueless.

/thread

I still stand by this statement, I'm sorry but you cant complain that a class is OP or to good or to powerful or some garbage, without them even being at there 9x+ levels yet and see'ing them in TW and PK situations and you definitely cant complain about a class without the things I just said above especially if you haven't tried them out for your self, it simply makes you seem stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • BionicShade - Sanctuary
    BionicShade - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So you admit that you haven't even tried a mystic, then go on to say that when anyone says they're balanced, they're lying? The mana costs on the class are freaking insane, and way more than they should be. Quite frankly, a veno can solo an instance MUCH easier than a mystic can (and their pets aren't as squishy, thus can take more damage). At least try a class before you go off on how horribly unbalanced it is.

And lawl @ mystics replacing barbs or BMs.

Mana consumption indeed is way too extreme, i run through a plat mp charm in a few days b:surrender
    edited March 2011
    Clearly you haven't realized that Earthguards were probably the most fail thing to happen to PWI.

I deny these. (b:infuriated)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why even bother making and leveling a Barbarian or a Blade Master or a Venomancer or a Cleric when you can just have all Earthguard characters?

The answer is simple. There are things those characters handle far better than the Earthguard equivalents can. Venomancers have a better pulling situation and a more diverse array of attacks. Cleric healing and buffing abilities are better than the mystics version.

And that's without getting started on mp.

They're better than some give them credit for, but their worse than what you give them credit for.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have a great idea!
    Since Mystics dominate everything in the game now the game should be named "Mystic World".
    Now I admit I don't have a Mystic character but since they can clear out a dungeon 10 levels above their character I guess I should make one.
    I think they start out 10 levels above anyone else considering how much tougher the mobs are in their area.
    Now I already know that everyone is going to say that the mobs are the same or "weak" and that the character is balanced but they are not and I am considering the relative nature of the class.
    Earthguard characters outclass all other characters in the game, relatively speaking.
    Is this just to promote the new class or we going to have to live with it indefinitely.
    Perfect World is certainly not as perfect it was anymore, so lets just rename it to "Mystic World" or "Earthguard World".

ok 1st red part:

ur saying that without even trying them u alrdy know they start out at lv10 while every class starts at lv1? <.< do u even realize how thoughtless that sounds?

now for 2nd:
    just no, what ur talking about is 5aps sins

quite frankly, b4 you even start QQing about them go try them out or hell, even wait till theyre even complete b:bye
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    fail thread is fail. i love how people try complaining that a mystic and seeker are op. I mean hell venos were soloing tt how long ago? and now you see venos complain about mystics soloing stuff. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Albatrion - Sanctuary
    Albatrion - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    saying all those things without even actually trying the class? OP is really, really funny.b:laugh

For me mystic is like... Better-Than-Nothing Class. I quit playing mystic at 40 coz of mp consumption and start playing veno.
  • Yhuna - Harshlands
    Yhuna - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, it probably seems OP cause you've got a bit of veno/cleric. But if you think about it, aside from the insane mana usage, you can't solo a 2-3 like a herc veno can, and there's no replacement for a nix in tw. Or cleric buffs/heals for that matter. Just a support class that has average soloing abilities :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yhuna - 101 Mystic
    Elyzium - 100 Wizzie
    Demitrix - 100 Cleric
    Neidra - 91 Veno
    S N A K E B Y T E<3
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I didnt want to start a new class before my wife.. Can someone (well preferbly a mystic that PLAYED a mystic) confirm me they start lvl 10 ? If so I will tell my wife and make my seeker before and level it to 10 to go join her in her area and really quest together.

I do know about the high mana cost though, been said a lot.

I did see some strange oracled/hypered ones too near swamp of the wraiths asking in a very serious way. "Can I have a rez, i thought I could cast that rez spell on myself " b:shocked
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I didnt want to start a new class before my wife.. Can someone (well preferbly a mystic that PLAYED a mystic) confirm me they start lvl 10 ? If so I will tell my wife and make my seeker before and level it to 10 to go join her in her area and really quest together.

I did see some strange oracled/hypered ones too near swamp of the wraiths asking in a very serious way. "Can I have a rez, i thought I could cast that rez spell on myself " b:shocked

lol no they dont start at level 10 they are level 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It's hard to say Mystic is OP when Sins have set the standard for OP so incredibly high...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011

The fact that they start at lvl 10 was a metaphore b:bye. What the person who said that wanted to say is that they can handle things 10 lvls above theirs, since we have heals and summons taking damage for us for low lvl quests.
  • Hl/ - Harshlands33
    Hl/ - Harshlands33 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The fact that they start at lvl 10 was a metaphore b:bye. What the person who said that wanted to say is that they can handle things 10 lvls above theirs, since we have heals and summons taking damage for us for low lvl quests.

Thank you for finally clearing that up for those in the community who don't understand figurative language.

It's hard to say that Mystics are OP when Assassins have managed to set the standards so high. It's lucky Seekers aren't allowed fists....you're still going to see people trying to shove -int gear up their butts from behind though.
    I am going to agree that mystics are INSANELY OP. I've played one up to 20, got bored because all I had to do was send Mr.Chiyu running after the mob, wait two seconds, dead mob. Do this ten more times, oh look, quest is done. Next Culti please?

Even Venomancers can't solo their own Cultivations. Guess which class can?
    Mystics.

Does anybody else know about the Salvation's Barrier Buff? The one that absorbs 3000 points of ANY kind of damage?
    Now imagine THAT buff, plus an instant revival, plus bloodpaint, plus falling flowers on a cata barb. Even worse, imagine that on an Assassin during group PvP. (PvE people, not allowed to comment on the 2nd example.)

You thought CHARMED barbs were bad?! Try a barb that can absorb 3k damage. Or a BM. Or a Sin. Try a Nix'd venomancer that you can't kill because of that damn barrier, before you get glitch bled to death. The Mystic itself could cast that spell on itself, summon Craig Lord, and if you don't have high fire defense, you're fcked. Or how about if you're a robed class, and they summon Devil Chiyu? You're still fcked.

Given, without that buff, Mystics die easier than you can sneeze. My Psychic took out a Mystic about 10 levels higher than him in three hits. (Hooray for soul of stunning.) Once people start rubbing their little braincells together and learn to use the class, it's going to be a nightmare.

Seekers are not to be taken lightly either. Gemini Slash is a scary, scary skill. b:shocked
    edited March 2011
    I like your observation HI/ (b:victory)
    Now let's see how the cards fold . . (b:angry)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have a great idea!

really? like are you really ****ing serious? we are gonna do this? we gonna go there?

you are a****ing venomancer with the ability to buy a herc and solo anything you want to solo and you complain about mystic? you even go on to say that you have NEVER even touched/played the mystic class even tho you ignore the fact that your a freakin veno? VENO! VENOMANCER!

get the HELL out of the game. just ****ing delete it. delete your veno. delete your claric. delete your life. you dont deserve it.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    A Venomancer.
    Who has never played a Mystic.
    Complaining that Mystics are OP.

You know you have to either laugh at the situation or you have to cry at it, and possibly a little bit of both. Because honestly this is the dumbest thing I've read in a very long time, and I try make it a profession to read dumb things just because it's a good source of entertainment. I've played both Venomancer and Mystic. Neither class is OP when you consider the standard of OP that the Sins have since put on the game, but let's pretend the fish don't exist for argument's sake.

Mystic MP consumption is "R" to the "I" to the "diculous" and when it comes to mana consumption the Mystic will win hands down every time. This makes them heavily reliant on their pet to just bash a monster's brain in if they want to do their quests and not stop to meditate or eat all their MP pots, which in turn means quests do take somewhat longer.

While Mystic pets are strong, this method of attacking also means they will hardly ever use their skills. Frankly, as a Mystic, I never even bothered to level Transference or whatever the hell that skill is called. I might actually need my mana to save my own *** in the rare event I lag, **** up somewhere for not concentrating or something genuinely just goes wrong. It won't do me any bloody good if my pet has taken all my MP for it's own skills.

So let's compare.
    Venos can solo their own instances with the right skills, know-how and pets. They can also amp, which makes everything go by faster, and they can purge. Purge is the best debuff in the game next to amp in my mind. Also, should they go sage, they can use Soul Degen, taking away 20% of max HP just like that. They also get their own self-heal and self-MP restoration skill. They can also buff themselves to increase their speed.

So let's see... they solo more, they lose less MP and can regain it without pots if they need to, they can run away faster, their pets can tank more and use skills more consistently and they can debuff better.

Mystics are great, but they aren't that. They're more a support class then a solo DD class, they will never debuff as well as a veno, they will never heal as well as a cleric (although please note, with Bloodpaint fast replacing clerics at endgame anyway, I don't see why that's a factor any more) and they will never be as good of a DD because their best pet is only a 20 second summon.

Why are you, the pet-user with a far better deal than the Mystic has, complaining? Get a Herc and ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have a great idea!
    First of all

BM > Seeker
    Barbarian > Seeker/Mystic summons

And that comes from a seeker. BM don't have to worry about ANNOYING "chance" skills with **** channel times -,-.

Barbs are just lazy/selfish/think this game is all about them/too damn sorry to tank anything. SHUT THE HELL UP.

Secondly

Herc > All Mystic's summons.

Thirdly

MYSTICS DO NOT HAVE PURIFY.

/thread
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Geez b:shocked
    Sometimes the community goes nuts. Please try again next time but don't be flaming and insulting around that much.
    Closed for flames.

PS : Archers are OP. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.