Hi!

allaz
allaz Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey everyone,

im fairly new to this game; it's downloading at the moment.
I just thought i'd say Hello :)

Any tips/suggestions what to do on lower levels?
Post edited by allaz on

Comments

• Fudgie - Heavens Tear
    Fudgie - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Dont talk to high lvls, they have a pickle up their *** b:chuckle
  • X_Toto_X - Dreamweaver
    X_Toto_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hello to another starting fellow! A word of advise? Just take it easy, don't try to level up too fast or you'll miss a lot of fun.
  • Raequel - Dreamweaver
    Raequel - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:chuckle Not all high levels have pickles in bad places. Only some but most get it when lowbies insist on help for mob quests. We've been there, done that (several times) so nty. Bosses and culti we don't mind helping with, but mobs!? (that's where our pickles comes from)

OP, welcome to the game. When starting out I reccommend going at a slowish kinda pace. You do have a lot of fun playing and questing and learning all about the game and in the long run, which ever class you chose to play, you'll be much welcomed in any squad (cos you've taken the time to learn your class and learn the game).

I've seen way too many people start the game, hyper level and cash all their stuff, yet STILL not know how to play. It's not that difficult to take the time to learn ._.

Also at the lower levels I reccommend a little bit of your points go to vit. Unless you chose veno or mystic. This would help you stay alive longer plus if you chose to restat later in the game, it's avaliable from the boutique.

Hope you have fun with the game :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raequel (103 Sage Veno) / Egwaine (101 Demon Cleric)
    Daniiella (101 Sage Sin) / Else (100 Demon Archer)
    Tiae (bm) / Athanasyos (barb) / Zeylene (wiz) / Eleysha (mystic)
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    allaz wrote: »
    Any tips/suggestions what to do on lower levels?
    Here are a few:

1) Use a decent build for your class. Read the forums relevant to your class and the relevant PWI wiki entries so you can find the recommended builds for your class(es).

2) Do your quests. In the lower levels you level up much more quickly by doing your quests than you do by grinding.

3) Pick up all drops. Even small coin amounts build up over time, and stuff you can't use can almost always be sold for coins at NPCs with "Goods" options.

4) Learn your skills. Read how they work. Play around with them. Find good combos. Being someone who can play your class well will open doors for you later on (getting squads, friends, good factions, etc...).

5) Try to be self-reliant. Except for boss quests (Call to Duty, Bounty Hunter, etc...) you should be able to handle most quests on your own. If the target's box has flared edges then it's an elite or a boss, so for that you might need help, but any other quests you should be able to handle on your own. Nobody wants to hear how you're too lazy to kill a dozen mobs on your own when they did it themselves. You'll get better EXP, SP, and drops this way too.

6) Do research before asking questions. If there are things you need to know, there are often resources already out there to answer them. Check out the links in the Community Tools entry of the PWI wiki for other useful websites besides the PWI wiki and forums. There's also the in-game Encyclopedia.

7) Don't get too caught up in leveling. Some people race to the high levels and miss out on all of the fun in the middle levels. Take your time, try everything, and learn your class. Wring every ounce of fun out of the game, instead of rushing to the end.

8) Be helpful to others. Not only is it the right thing to do, but every once in a while it will be appreciated. ;-D

9) Make friends. For many people, half the fun of this game is the people they interact with. Good friends and a fun faction make the time fly by. Heck, there are some people who just use the game as a really fancy chat program.

10) Have fun! Don't get so caught up in leveling, faction drama, merchanting, or whatever else that you forget to have fun in the game. There's lots of things to try in the game, so if you find you're getting bored doing one thing, try something else. The game is meant to be entertainment, so if you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong. :-P

That's all I can' think of off the top of my head.

Enjoy the game!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Jhendudz - Archosaur
    Jhendudz - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    just do your quest, when you saw someone killing same mobs in that area invite them to party, maybe u have the same quest, and plus u have earned a friend. also when u activate ur fying item when u get level 15 in the supply stash, just grind until u reach level 30 becoz it only last for 3 days. i have the same problem for my other char, it is difficult if you dint have a fyling item bcoz u are force to use the teleport service and it was so expensive. just some advice from a fellow noob.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    just do your quest, when you saw someone killing same mobs in that area invite them to party, maybe u have the same quest, and plus u have earned a friend. also when u activate ur fying item when u get level 15 in the supply stash, just grind until u reach level 30 becoz it only last for 3 days. i have the same problem for my other char, it is difficult if you dint have a fyling item bcoz u are force to use the teleport service and it was so expensive. just some advice from a fellow noob.

or you could've done it the way us oldbies did for two years or so, and walked everywhere. just saying...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Jhendudz - Archosaur
    Jhendudz - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    or you could've done it the way us oldbies did for two years or so, and walked everywhere. just saying...

its hard to walk even if has autopathing coz the player is not turning, its just go on a straight line. and in a world the this, it has very huge map.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Welcome to the game OP. ^^

Some tips, learn your class(es), which ever one(s) you choose. Although, since you're new, you'll do that automatically =D

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Especially on building your character. I made that mistake, but I'm starting over from scratch and it's even more fun now than when I started years ago ^^

However, play how you want to play. Sure, some builds are harder to use, but they're amazing fun to try. Don't let anyone make you play their way.

Make friends. Good friends. Not people that just use you as a personal meat shield/glass cannon.

Explore the world. Back when I first started (was lvl4, back in 2008), I spent 5 days flying all over the map just to see what was there to see. Now...I don't recommend you spend that much time, but explore. You might find a nice quiet spot to grind that otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to explore.

Try out different classes. They're all fun to play, although some are easier than others.

Have fun. It's a game! ^^ Don't let people's silly drama get to you.

its hard to walk even if has autopathing coz the player is not turning, its just go on a straight line. and in a world the this, it has very huge map.

b:chuckle I remember the time before autopathing...and genies. And BH. And supply stash. <w< Instead of going afk and autopathing, actually walk there. Like pay attention and walk. You can fly and autopath all you want after 30 XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    For the best luck, i hope you enjoy the game to the end. And didn't end up with regret of playing these game. (b:dirty)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:chuckle I remember the time before autopathing...and genies. And BH. And supply stash. <w<

Me too. Makes me feel like an old fogey to say it, too. b:chuckle

Try everything and play around... don't feel pigeon-holed into one build or class. I have some weird builds among my alts, because why not? You have 8 character slots per server, and can play on all servers, so why not experiment?

Also, I suggest you take up apothecary. It allows you to make various useful potions and powders, including hp and mp regeneration potions that are useful well into your 70s. Makes grinding and instances a lot easier!

It can't be said enough: have fun. Your job right now is to enjoy the game. You can worry about endgame builds and gear and whatever later (if ever!). For now, just kick back and enjoy the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:chuckle I remember the time before autopathing...and genies. And BH. And supply stash. <w< Instead of going afk and autopathing, actually walk there. Like pay attention and walk. You can fly and autopath all you want after 30 XD

>.> yeah, but back then, we could tap "W" twice to go in a straight line forever, and you could always click on the sky.......er, am i dating myself? b:shutup
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.