Balanced Mystic Build (in terms of pvp)

Sharazen - Archosaur
Sharazen - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
On my mystic I capped my vit at 30 then went full arcane. at lvl 30 I had around 1k hp.
If you ask me we need to find a balance between the vit build and the mag build.
We're a caster class, we have good damage on our own. Be we're summoners too and summoners need at least some endurance. Or otherwise we won't last long enough to heal ourselves to any degree. Yes we burn mana fast so the main question is where do we cap our vit at.

Here's something arcane venos face if they ever do pvp. Simple way aim for the player not the pet and most of the time they fall just like that. Summoners can tank mobs in pve because the mobs are governs by programed actions. Hence how we can take advantage of our pet because they can tank while we heal them.

However the reality of pvp is that we face actual humans. And they're not going to bother with the pet. they're
going to aim for us. And believe me with full mag we can fall pretty fast. The only reason why this works for casters is they put out serious damage on their own. Their skills are based around it.

If we have enough hp to withstand a few hits then we can use the knockback we have that works in pvp instead of healing ourselves till we run out of mana and die. Then we can actually mount an offensive. plus when leveled the knockback actually has some good spike damage. Rapid Growth isn't half bad either.

Now hp might not be the only way refining and shards might not be a bad idea either. Can't forget verdant shell as well there. The rez buff isn't half bad for a comeback either get some mp food and your back in game.
Endgame you might want to some reduce channeling gear.

Overall I would say our skills are defensive as well as offensive.
Post edited by Sharazen - Archosaur on

Comments

• breeziez
    breeziez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    On my mystic I capped my vit at 30 then went full arcane. at lvl 30 I had around 1k hp.
    If you ask me we need to find a balance between the vit build and the mag build.
    We're a caster class, we have good damage on our own. Be we're summoners too and summoners need at least some endurance. Or otherwise we won't last long enough to heal ourselves to any degree. Yes we burn mana fast so the main question is where do we cap our vit at.

Here's something arcane venos face if they ever do pvp. Simple way aim for the player not the pet and most of the time they fall just like that. Summoners can tank mobs in pve because the mobs are governs by programed actions. Hence how we can take advantage of our pet because they can tank while we heal them.

However the reality of pvp is that we face actual humans. And they're not going to bother with the pet. they're
    going to aim for us. And believe me with full mag we can fall pretty fast. The only reason why this works for casters is they put out serious damage on their own. Their skills are based around it.

If we have enough hp to withstand a few hits then we can use the knockback we have that works in pvp instead of healing ourselves till we run out of mana and die. Then we can actually mount an offensive. plus when leveled the knockback actually has some good spike damage. Rapid Growth isn't half bad either.

Now hp might not be the only way refining and shards might not be a bad idea either. Can't forget verdant shell as well there. The rez buff isn't half bad for a comeback either get some mp food and your back in game.
    Endgame you might want to some reduce channeling gear.

Overall I would say our skills are defensive as well as offensive.

I think you are going to have to lvl up (with your mystic I don't care about mains or anything other than mystic) before making the assumption that vit is required for a mystic. I'm a pure build and have no problem in pvp...
  • Sharazen - Archosaur
    Sharazen - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How about versus a sin?
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How about versus a sin?

vs a sin ur HP wont matter. even HA classes with 25k HP get dropped to sin in a matter of seconds. just go pure magic...
  • breeziez
    breeziez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    How about versus a sin?

If sin is 5.0 nothing you can do there if not... expel pet stun gain distance vengeance tornado and another vengeance should finish em not full proof but seems to work for 8x sins without **** amount of aps
  • CharmingChu - Dreamweaver
    CharmingChu - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My mystic hasn't had trouble with sins her level. With Level 10 Devil Summon it can stun them for 5Seconds. So... With -Chan gear you can effectively cast NV (devil will run in an stun) Spark, Rapid Growth, Absorb Soul and pop them while they're stunned.

If they're stealthed you're just screwed but you would be either way... Vit or no vit.

Although you may try putting your pet in defense mode so it'd stun the sin on the first strike, just stay near the pet. You might be fine if you can survive the first strike.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    My mystic hasn't had trouble with sins her level. With Level 10 Devil Summon it can stun them for 5Seconds. So... With -Chan gear you can effectively cast NV (devil will run in an stun) Spark, Rapid Growth, Absorb Soul and pop them while they're stunned.

If they're stealthed you're just screwed but you would be either way... Vit or no vit.

Although you may try putting your pet in defense mode so it'd stun the sin on the first strike, just stay near the pet. You might be fine if you can survive the first strike.

the sins you dueal are simply to stupid to cast maze steps and negate that pets stun. there also to stupid to realize what shadow teleport does. simple as that. try dueling some good sinsb:surrender