Mystic Speed

Options
Ryheri - Raging Tide
Ryheri - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
I've been trying out the new mystic class and couldn't help but notice the inherent lack of speed in the class. I normally accept this as a consequence of having just tsarting out but so far in the skills tree, I haven't seen anything that even remotely resembles at speed increasing skill.

I find this unfair above all else. Part of the fun of the game is the ability to get from place to place and moving at snails' pace just really..... kills that.

Additionally,

Venos have Summer sprint
Barbs were born as fast little tiger cubs
Tideborn race swim fastest
Humans can either teleport or run at lightning fast speed depending on the class, and
Elves can fly and have skill to increase flight speed, all be it on the natural elven wings but they have the OPTION

Where's the mystics' ???

b:question
Post edited by Ryheri - Raging Tide on

Comments

• iiiiiusion
    iiiiiusion Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've been trying out the new mystic class and couldn't help but notice the inherent lack of speed in the class. I normally accept this as a consequence of having just tsarting out but so far in the skills tree, I haven't seen anything that even remotely resembles at speed increasing skill.

I find this unfair above all else. Part of the fun of the game is the ability to get from place to place and moving at snails' pace just really..... kills that.

Additionally,

Venos have Summer sprint
    Barbs were born as fast little tiger cubs
    Tideborn race swim fastest
    Humans can either teleport or run at lightning fast speed depending on the class, and
    Elves can fly and have skill to increase flight speed, all be it on the natural elven wings but they have the OPTION

Where's the mystics' ???

b:question

Why not this? The fact that pets are free?
    b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle Don't QQ man =.=
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Isn't psy also didn't have move speed skill (expect in air)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    clerics dont have a speed buff either. its not a problem though, just get holy path on your genie, or get some gears with movement speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    clerics dont have a speed buff either. its not a problem though, just get holy path on your genie, or get some gears with movement speed.

Skill:
    Guardian Light Level 1
    Mana 800
    Cast Instant
    Cooldown 5 minutes
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity
    During battle, the Cleric is always one of the most vulnerable allies, yet without
    a Cleric, a squad will have to face daunting foes without their restoration expertise. Top Clerics started to work on improving Cleric skills to
    enhance the capabilities of this class. This
    newly-developed skill acts to help defend them in combat. Receive 60% less
    damage. Movement speed increased by 30%. Lasts 10 seconds.

Requires one Spark

---

Hell of a price to pay for a movement/ decrease damage buff, but it exists on a cleric.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm forever used to moving at snails pace. Ahhh, well we have the invention of holy path to aid us :3

We have so many other skills at our disposal that I love, that a speed boosting move being nonexsistant doesn't bother me.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Holy Path, Charger Orb, etc etc etc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Semplisia - Sanctuary
    Semplisia - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Who said that all classes MUST have speed buffs? b:surrender

Its like saying...since BM have Def buff,why not all other classes have?
    Cleric have revive....why not all classes have it?
    (etc etc)
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    magena wrote: »
    Skill:
    Guardian Light Level 1
    Mana 800
    Cast Instant
    Cooldown 5 minutes
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity
    During battle, the Cleric is always one of the most vulnerable allies, yet without
    a Cleric, a squad will have to face daunting foes without their restoration expertise. Top Clerics started to work on improving Cleric skills to
    enhance the capabilities of this class. This
    newly-developed skill acts to help defend them in combat. Receive 60% less
    damage. Movement speed increased by 30%. Lasts 10 seconds.

Requires one Spark

---

Hell of a price to pay for a movement/ decrease damage buff, but it exists on a cleric.
    that skill sucks, i would hardly even call it a movement skill that really helps. 1 spark and only 10 seconds, your not going to get very far. and in a lot of situations, clerics need to save their sparks for BB (like doing trophy mode, where cleric needs to run fast, but save sparks).

comparing to say, a veno, BM and seeker, or barb though (archers too, their dodge gives speed buff for some minutes - i forget for how long though), the clerics is to laugh at XD getting the lvl 77 molder gloves, lvl 80 TT gold robe shoes, and say, the lvl 85 FC cloak w/ movespeed if u have no better cloak to wear, can put u up to 5.3 m/s, which is faster than some other classes without their speed buff activated...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    that skill sucks, i would hardly even call it a movement skill that really helps. 1 spark and only 10 seconds, your not going to get very far. and in a lot of situations, clerics need to save their sparks for BB (like doing trophy mode, where cleric needs to run fast, but save sparks).

comparing to say, a veno, BM and seeker, or barb though (archers too, their dodge gives speed buff for some minutes - i forget for how long though), the clerics is to laugh at XD getting the lvl 77 molder gloves, lvl 80 TT gold robe shoes, and say, the lvl 85 FC cloak w/ movespeed if u have no better cloak to wear, can put u up to 5.3 m/s, which is faster than some other classes without their speed buff activated...

I was only pointing out that it was an incorrect statement to say clerics don't have a speed buff. Whether or not it sucks is irrelevant. It still exists.

Personally, I don't think it's THAT bad. I use it lot- far more than I use my BB.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Why do people even bother to post in threads like this? Wait... nevermind.
  • kreap
    kreap Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wait... nevermind.

lol, ok so I can go on and say my piece in peace then :P

By fact, mystics are faster in flight than running in default speed, and what's more is that mystics makes great support and dd as a flyer, just send the pet and keep heals, and if you want to attack from the sky use absorb soul because there is NO dmg reduction from air to land with it. also, plants! another important mention here is that your pet will fly when you're flying too so he can navigate through obstacles when needed.
    So yeah soaring centipede ftw! ;D

you can always use mounts for more speed, but sadly your summon with have to break up with you, not to mention you can't use skills.
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sure, you move a bit slow, big deal. Probably Sage Verdant Shell or Demon will fix that up.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

I don't have Guardian Light, but I still can move fairly quickly as a cleric. Max speed I can reach with affordable speed gear is actually 5.5m/s, not 5.3m/s. There's actually a lvl 80ish arcane chest piece (a mold, can't remember its name) that gives +0.2m/s speed. The price for equiping all of them is a considerable drop in hp, but combined with a high magic genie, I actually move fairly quickly and then switch my gear before fighting the boss. This is also why I'm getting a Zeal for my mystic. Holy path is mandatory on all my chars, but my mystic will need the energy regen that Zeals favour.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lvl 100 Cleric without Guardian Light?
    ..oh..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]